Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

M17 junction 20 the kilmore roundabout2017-09-01_04-24-58_zpsx0r7badn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

paul2013 wrote: »
    Apologies, I just was publishing an email I received as I'm a Garda and it was delivered to our email accounts, I didn't know I had to reference where I received my information

You've mentioned a few times before you are a Garda... Anyway, it'll be good to see this opening soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

I'm a fisherman I'll be delighted for the bypass to be open.

What does occupation have to do with posting on board's ?

Are we supposed to be all like "Wow"

RATHMORRISSY 27/08/17IMAG5799_zpst22ypknk.jpgend of the m18 and the start of the m17

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

m17 wrote: »
    RATHMORRISSY 27/08/17IMAG5799_zpst22ypknk.jpgend of the m18 and the start of the m17

Is that the M6 running underneath. Notice no free flow exit entry on the left side of the pic, is that by design or out of shot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Aontachtoir

It's definitely there, just out of shot.

The m17 at sheeaunpark 01/03/172017-09-01_06-15-40_zpsec2sldff.jpg01/09/17IMAG2181_zpsoijxucdb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That's a cool picture.

That's a cool picture.

Cheers mate only the best pics are this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

M17 what's the last exit before the roundabout at Rathmorrisey if I was coming from Limerick towards Galway.

• Advertisement

M17 what's the last exit before the roundabout at Rathmorrisey if I was coming from Limerick towards Galway.

Exit 18

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Exit 17 at Kilternan, joins the old N18. It's the only junction between Rathmorrissey and Gort

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Exit 18

Ext 18 bring you off at Oranmore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

How far is it from Tuam to Galway on the motorway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

Wow, what a great shot!

Is that your drone M17?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

paul2013 wrote: »
    Apologies, I just was publishing an email I received as I'm a Garda and it was delivered to our email accounts, I didn't know I had to reference where I received my information

Sharing work emails? Not sure that's wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Mars Bar wrote: »

Totally illegal to share them as they come through the pulse system!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

Truckermal wrote: »
    Mars Bar wrote: »

I think we have a chancer in our midst...

Anyways, back on topic; 7 days now until the road is complete...a big thanks again to M17, who, I'm sure we'll all agree, has made the last 2 and a half years of construction fly in, with what is surely the best documented road build ever in Ireland.

Above and beyond, and I for one am extremely grateful to have followed it from start to finish.

Hats off to ya. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

hi I'm a Garda.
    Apologies, I just was publishing an email I received as I'm a Garda and it was delivered to our Garda email accounts, I, as a guard, didn't know I had to reference where I received my information.

Did I mention I'm a guard?

Milktanker

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Truckermal wrote: »

To be fair lads he didn't share the emails and the knowledge was public at that stage.

I'm also not sure he is a gard but don't care either way.

• Advertisement

RATHMORRISSY 01/09/17IMAG4777_zpst9xx0yfp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Aontachtoir

RATHMORRISSY 01/09/17IMAG4777_zpst9xx0yfp.jpg

Beautiful shot. You could probably sell that one.

End of the tuam bypass at the mountpotter roundabout 02/09/17IMAG2277_zps1zfqeqmb.jpgthe mountpotter roundaboutIMAG2286_zpswddh5yxf.jpg

PCeeeee wrote: »
    How far is it from Tuam to Galway on the motorway?

It's 49.2kms form the mountpotter roundaboutIMAG2274_zpsfy0i6uku.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

35km from the roundabout to Galway via the existing N17 for comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Quick question - have they left enough room under the bridges for mainline M6 to be widened to 3 lanes each way in the future?

I remember hearing that the M6 from Ballinasloe to Oranmore was built with the foundation for the 3rd lane done and covered, so that all it would need was a couple of courses and be in place fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

On the above sign Limerick 119Kms is only just over an hour from North of Tuam, which is a definite improvement on a few years ago.

sdanseo wrote: »
    Quick question - have they left enough room under the bridges for mainline M6 to be widened to 3 lanes each way in the future?

I remember hearing that the M6 from Ballinasloe to Oranmore was built with the foundation for the 3rd lane done and covered, so that all it would need was a couple of courses and be in place fairly quickly.

Yes, the M6 from Rathmorrissey to near Galway was built with 3 lanes in mind. Could be very well done in conjunction with the Galway ring road

sdanseo wrote: »

No they haven't2017-09-02_07-24-31_zpsf4ihmkqp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

No they haven't2017-09-02_07-24-31_zpsf4ihmkqp.jpg

Looks to be enough room there. No hard shoulder for the length of the narrow bit of course.

Advertisement