Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

serfboard wrote: »
    For me, one of the frustrating things about them being refused by ABP is that they could have also put a Park 'n Ride there too - not just for going into Galway, but for going to Dublin, Dublin Airport etc.

No reason they can't do that at Athenry anyway. Plenty of space around there, you know, in those famous fields ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭paul2013

Does anyone know if the N6 Dual Carriageway Galway city bypass is going ahead anymore or we going to be hearing on the Radio, It's slow and heavy approaching the N6 Junction 19 and expect lengthy delays.

Also did anyone ever see the way TII or NRA have been building Motorways? They are very much parallel to the train tracks to Dublin,PS; look at a paper map and you'll see what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

No reason they can't do that at Athenry anyway. Plenty of space around there, you know, in those famous fields ;)

They're too low lying.....

Just travelled the old N18, Gort to Crusheen (now R458) and I'm after noticing something out of ordinary approaching Crusheen. There has rocks came down a hill just before you come into Crusheen. So I pulled in Crusheen and I asked in the shop and the told me to wait here until we get the man that knows what happened.

It was known behold but Eddy Lenihan, he told if you go to the other side of this hill and you will see that the Motorway is flowing past Crusheen but also flowing a fairypath as they destroyed a fairyfort building the motorway and subsequently there has been numerous accidents on this road since and the TII have told me I'm daft and it's the weather that's causing the accidents. He then wrote to them stating how come there's never an accident during the rain between Shannon and Cratloe and he's still awaiting their reply 15 months later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

paul2013 wrote: »
    Just travelled the old N18, Gort to Crusheen (now R458) and I'm after noticing something out of ordinary approaching Crusheen. There has rocks came down a hill just before you come into Crusheen. So I pulled in Crusheen and I asked in the shop and the told me to wait here until we get the man that knows what happened.

It was known behold but Eddy Lenihan, he told if you go to the other side of this hill and you will see that the Motorway is flowing past Crusheen but also flowing a fairypath as they destroyed a fairyfort building the motorway and subsequently there has been numerous accidents on this road since and the TII have told me I'm daft and it's the weather that's causing the accidents. He then wrote to them stating how come there's never an accident during the rain between Shannon and Cratloe and he's still awaiting their reply 15 months later.

What are you trying to say here,
    'It was no-one other than' or
    'Low and behold' ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Roadfan

Thanks for the tip off. Im getting on to the Healy Raes right away

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

More fairy nonsense? Get down to Kerry and talk to that Healy Rae embarrassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Was that in your Garda disguise or were you driving your imaginary milk tanker? Fairies is right, you were away with them.

jca wrote: »
    Was that in your Garda disguise or were you driving your imaginary milk tanker? Fairies is right, you were away with them.

Just go over the old road from Gort to Crusheen aka R458 and you will see what I'm saying and I'm not away with the fairies and cross this field and you will see the damage TII have done.

D Trent wrote: »
    What are you trying to say here,
    'It was no-one other than' or
    'Low and behold' ??

"It was no other than" I'm trying to say. I didn't expect the shop to bring him up from his house.

And another thing would you drag a fairy fort with a digger? As I certainly would not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Just go over the old road from Gort to Crusheen aka R458 and you will see what I'm saying and I'm not away with the fairies and cross this field and you will see the damage TII have done.

I thought this forum was about the m17/m18 motorway

I don't know about fairies but there's definite signs of a troll and a pretty poor one at that.

The m17 at brockagh 12/02/16IMAG1510_zpsndcdvl24.jpg12/08/17IMAG1865_zpsg417aukg.jpg

The m17 at mahangh 13/01/162017-08-13_10-43-17_zpshjyqjued.jpg13/08/17IMAG1894_zps3wbgjojx.jpg

The m17 at bauilpuil 16/02/162017-08-13_11-01-58_zps86kzdxdq.jpg13/08/17IMAG1925_zps6bx6fivc.jpg

The m18 at kiltiernan looking towards gort 22/06/162017-07-26_08-39-29_zps6apusnoj.jpg05/08/17IMAG2020_zpskpid3hdl.jpg

The sos phones on the m17IMAG1899_zpsifjvbpx2.jpg2IMAG1898_zpsdyp6cbma.jpg

The tuam bypass 13/08/17IMAG2056_zpst8gdjnmk.jpg2IMAG2057_zpsylrfmeii.jpg3IMAG2064_zpsjfzpjqe9.jpg4IMAG2060_zpsbvfzmhfx.jpg5IMAG2059_zpsdf8wsxze.jpg6IMAG2061_zpstca1kwpo.jpg7IMAG2062_zpsjlxvecro.jpg8IMAG2063_zpsayosbowi.jpg9IMAG2054_zps4ar53une.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Aontachtoir

m17 wrote: »
    The sos phones on the m17IMAG1899_zpsifjvbpx2.jpg2IMAG1898_zpsdyp6cbma.jpg

Thanks for the pics as always. Looking at the multilingual help box on the SOS phones it always amuses me that in a country with two official languages the government always seem to forget the first one - even when building a motorway a stone's throw from a Gaeltacht! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Thanks for the pics as always. Looking at the multilingual help box on the SOS phones it always amuses me that in a country with two official languages the government always seem to forget the first one - even when building a motorway a stone's throw from a Gaeltacht! ��

I'd say them boxes are made in the UK and we just use the same as them.

• Advertisement

I'd say them boxes are made in the UK and we just use the same as them.

More like France given French is the first language.

Looking at the multilingual help box on the SOS phones it always amuses me that in a country with two official languages the government always seem to forget the first one - even when building a motorway a stone's throw from a Gaeltacht! 😂

First one? English is on it :)

The m17 at castlelambert 14/08/162017-08-14_06-42-57_zpswvzhzqe9.jpg14/08/17IMAG2044_zpsdgbui5kx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

Is this the final part of the M17 they have to complete now?

wearing course is complete sisk have 5kms of the line painting to do and the cat's eye's, signs and sos phones are all in should be finished by Friday week 25/08/17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Passed through Tuam this morning, the 3 new roundabouts are in awful shape with redshank, it's nearly 3 feet high and is smothering any grass below. Have they started mowing the verges yet or is the whole motorway like this?
    In comparison Egis Lagan were mowing from Gort to Crusheen this morning and it's very neat and well maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

Just looking at the signage on the Tuam bypass. Should Galway not have (M6) after it? To get to Galway travelling along the M17 you need to take the M6. Like Dublin (M6) or Limerick (M18) The old N17 started/finished in Galway but does the new M17 not start/end legally at the M6 junction?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

Has anyone else travelled on the R332 flyover from Tuam to Ballinrobe?
    I got a surprise when I saw the gradient.

The descent on the R332 flyover from Ballinrobe to Tuam is rapid.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

m17 wrote: »
    wearing course is complete sisk have 5kms of the line painting to do and the cat's eye's, signs and sos phones are all in should be finished by Friday week 25/08/17

Good stuff, thanks M17. :-)

• Advertisement

mickmmc wrote: »
    Has anyone else travelled on the R332 flyover from Tuam to Ballinrobe?
    I got a surprise when I saw the gradient.

The descent on the R332 flyover from Ballinrobe to Tuam is rapid.

Wait when Dec/Jan comes I would hate to be driving a 40ft over that flyoverIMAG2854_zpstlutalli.jpg

Advertisement