Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

m17 wrote: »
    ......hope you have enjoyed the pics and updates over the last 2 and half years, yours m17

Without doubt this thread has been the best out of all the motorway threads. You have gone above and beyond what most people would have been prepared or even able to do. Fair play to you and Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

medoc wrote: »
    Without doubt this thread has been the best out of all the motorway threads. You have gone above and beyond what most people would have been prepared or even able to do. Fair play to you and Thanks.

I'm surprised he was able to get half the pictures with out getting into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

I'm surprised he was able to get half the pictures with out getting into trouble.

I've had a few run Inn's along the way I can tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonnyblack

What? are you suggesting that they're opening up the bypass?

No, he's just saying that's the update as of 25/07/17

The m18 at coldwood looking towards gort 26/07/17IMAG1872_zpsudu4bnln.jpgcoldwood looking towards rathmorrissyIMAG1873_zpsdenco7za.jpg

• Advertisement

No plans to have tuam bypass opened earlyIMAG1879_zpsyeudz3pe.jpg2IMAG1880_zps1iesjue8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

No plans to have tuam bypass opened early
    Which is why I gave the roll eyes emoji earlier in this thread to a statement by local eejit TD Sean Canney that it could be open in time for the races.

Base in place for the road sign before 2017-07-23_10-25-22_zpsuul1qhg4.jpgafterIMAG1832_zpswx7nsfxr.jpg

M18 junction 17 kiltiernan looking towards gort 12/08/162017-07-26_08-39-29_zps6apusnoj.jpg24/07/17IMAG1803_zpsqqwzfrcq.jpgkiltiernan looking towards rathmorrissy 12/08/162017-07-26_08-39-02_zpszhqotb1f.jpg24/07/17IMAG1801_zpsclwmfpfz.jpg

The m17 at ballybanagher 06/05/15IMAG0136_zpszwhztd5m.jpg28/07/17IMAG1662_zpsrewnjjk2.jpg

• Advertisement

medoc wrote: »

Thanks medoc and all they other guys for the great comments over the years as they is only four months left on this forum,here's to the guys at roadbridge who are finishing today and to Robert lally for that brilliant drone work over the past two years,can't wait for the m20 to start so I can get my teeth in that project thanks again yours m17

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

Again, thanks M17 for all the great pictures and updates. Indeed, it's a massive pity that Robert Lally didn't continue with his brilliant drone footage updates - perhaps he is busy on another job but whatever the reason, I really miss his work. M17 would also be badly missed without his updates - we now need an M11 in Wexford for both the Enniscorthy and New Ross projects.

Middle Man wrote: »
    Again, thanks M17 for all the great pictures and updates. Indeed, it's a massive pity that Robert Lally didn't continue with his brilliant drone footage updates - perhaps he is busy on another job but whatever the reason, I really miss his work. M17 would also be badly missed without his updates - we now need an M11 in Wexford for both the Enniscorthy and New Ross projects.

I'll send down my cushion with a drone, push bike and camera

The m17 at sheeaunpark looking towards rathmorrissy 28/07/17IMAG1883_zpskt1r1z0r.jpgsheeaunpark looking towards tuamIMAG1882_zpsgzfvvx06.jpgsisk are finishing off the wearing course and will be completed today

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Roadfan

M17. Passing through Ardrahan the other day got me wondering about the railway. Where does the new road intersect with railway.? You may have answered this before. Thanks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Roadfan wrote: »
    M17. Passing through Ardrahan the other day got me wondering about the railway. Where does the new road intersect with railway.? You may have answered this before. Thanks

The new M18 remains west of the Ennis-Athenry railway at all times and there is no intersection.

The M17 also remains west of the disused Athenry-Tuam railway, however there is a bridge carrying the new Tuam bypass over the disused Tuam-Claremorris railway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What about the Dublin-Galway railway line? Surely it passes over that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

marno21 wrote: »
    The new M18 remains west of the Ennis-Athenry railway at all times and there is no intersection.

The M17 also remains west of the disused Athenry-Tuam railway, however there is a bridge carrying the new Tuam bypass over the disused Tuam-Claremorris railway.
    M18 crosses the Galway Dublin rail line south of Athenry
    As seen here in M17's photo

LHJSzeut34J-APgaS6wADyN6L06ONXWGdSZa9O-OxjX8WFJoO5AJlGP_CCVCugmdnm9j1OL5p-rGiiO6v-hF-yTTNWg3zOMYee5XTcabuOb30Kb_4YZ1DjiQgfjj-4MkU1TdpLgdMDyZUSRAD1azXcqy7ZOo0IrsVj5a4gBDoDeMRHgq1Kt8wuqLfLO6XEv4hCVP2AQvL2FYn0htRQ4g2EANwM3XV5JgAyp4-YtvV8yUzRVpWVnrNx4pukQ9h7qfSmcRVqwQ1RxoHKw_3woubnxfb7jK0MLB1_rWcNY22n1QZ951EgFuNjl52SDTeBn6djj9NR0jVs9f6-oAYc3B1372Fl6oQi75HmENGHBPN9RKcIhX6-bhzJadUvvaHk_mt180konW9WMuCTPeW6kXMaz51zpOfqziWr300a4WCoN1YO8nWoUDinKO15fDHH4Wk2THp77w1KeVXPP6RQjzGTJb9Hj2HhOblmOBAwUpWW-aLX4wMUDyTjFUX7mzL09A_q4aPZjTDhTsJKDEaf7fQ_mq9vT3Enh693T5P1oj_gFNhQTWH4p-KMWAshndo0ASgmifySx4mAgb1uA7vP02S_Eoa-VUUO0sT98jkuSitZjA0w6cIVlWzIDv2ZlTEyvACsr63pFHxSY5aKPU-CKfAA0GhevEKz3P2k5vI7e2CgcrOA=w640-h362-no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

No, there's a level crossing.

The m18 goes over the galway to Dublin railway line at gortroa which is 2kms south of rathmorrissy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

D Trent wrote: »
    No, there's a level crossing.

Stranger things have happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

IMAG1662_zpsrewnjjk2.jpg

Interesting they are using full cateyes, not just studs, and also that the gaps for the studs in the paint are still there

The m17 at bauilpuil 01/02/162017-07-30_03-43-23_zpsy6tbg8re.jpg30/07/17IMAG1867_zpsyg6xt0tg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

The m17 at bauilpuil 30/07/17IMAG1867_zpsyg6xt0tg.jpg

Are those hard-shoulders full width? Or are they a compromise width?

Middle Man wrote: »
    Is there any chance Robert lally that you can come back an fire up that drone it would really put the icing on the cake

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭nowecant

Did anyone see the below article in the Sunday Times yesterday? Sorry about the pay wall but the relevant paragraph is still visible
    "Ireland plans €80bn infrastructure spend"

Ireland will almost double its capital spending to €80bn over the next 10 years, bringing construction of the Dublin airport rail link forward from 2021 to 2020. The government is also committing finance for motorways from Cork to Limerick, and Tuam to Claremorris, and upgrades to the N4 to Sligo and the A5 to Derry, according to senior sources.

I am not sure if it is just bad journalism or if they genuinely plan on extending the M17 another 30+km north. Has anybody else heard anything about it? I think there might even be a thread on it somewhere but I cant find it

While I would support it I believe there are other schemes more deserving in the short term

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ireland/ireland-plans-80bn-infrastructure-spend-vc92c3s65

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

While I would support it I believe there are other schemes more deserving in the short term
    yeah endless ones and not just transport schemes. Water infrastructure for a start! This nonsense of throwing fortunes at certain projects, while other ones that are far more urgent are starved of funding, isnt on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Is there any chance Robert lally that you can come back an fire up that drone it would really put the icing on the cake

I'd take a run down if the weather improves and you show me what you want drone footage of....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

nowecant wrote: »
    Did anyone see the below article in the Sunday Times yesterday? Sorry about the pay wall but the relevant paragraph is still visible

I am not sure if it is just bad journalism or if they genuinely plan on extending the M17 another 30+km north. Has anybody else heard anything about it? I think there might even be a thread on it somewhere but I cant find it

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ireland/ireland-plans-80bn-infrastructure-spend-vc92c3s65

Ive created a new thread for this here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057769777

Advertisement