Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

The flyover at kilcloghans on the tuam bypassIMAG2500_zpscclm7pjh.jpg2IMAG2501_zpszz1p0jif.jpg3IMAG1771_zpsr968nf3w.jpg4IMAG2502_zpsspugtlk2.jpg5IMAG3442_zpshrfjfbyq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭paddydone1

And the Tuam cancer care walk on the Tuam bypass is tomorrow

http://www.tuamcancercare.ie/tuam-bypass-walk-sunday-14th-may-11am/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭roadmaster

How have Lagan got on compared to Roadbridge and Sisk?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Roadfan

Thanks M17 and all for those updates and the YouTube link. No mixing concrete with shovels or filling timber frames there!

Roadfan wrote: »
    Thanks M17 and all for those updates and the YouTube link. No mixing concrete with shovels or filling timber frames there!

It's all about working on this forum for the last two and half years 24/7 to bring you the best pics and updates thanks again

• Advertisement

The tuam bypass 14/05/17 the kilmore roundaboutIMAG3437_zpszajh6hr4.jpgstart of the bypassIMAG3436_zpsm2bqcwyu.jpgballygaddy road flyover looking towards kilmore roundaboutIMAG3438_zpsdloxfswz.jpgballygaddy road flyover looking towards kilcloghansIMAG3439_zpsriy6oumt.jpgkilcloghans flyover looking towards ballygaddy road flyoverIMAG3440_zpsgtbm9ldc.jpgkilcloghans looking towards the mountpotter roundaboutIMAG3441_zpsrdmvk7tf.jpgchicken wireIMAG3443_zpsita0juvy.jpgend of bypassIMAG3444_zpsnuahihxd.jpgthe mountpotter roundaboutIMAG3445_zpscydcsgjv.jpgstart of the chicken wireIMAG3446_zpsdyiejjq5.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Is the Tuam bypass ready to go besides the Kilmore roundabout m17? Looks fairly done to me

marno21 wrote: »
    Is the Tuam bypass ready to go besides the Kilmore roundabout m17? Looks fairly done to me

All that's left is 1.2 kms of the chicken wire to do,also the have the kilmore roundabout to complete all that needs is paving top soil and tarmac it will all be done by next Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭paddydone1

Great pics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Chicken wire on a road? why not concrete?

• Advertisement

Chicken wire on a road? why not concrete?
    To stop the chicken crossing the road! :pac::D

The accommodation flyover at cloonkeen north on the m17 14/05/17IMAG3455_zpsnh4co6yq.jpgtop of flyoverIMAG3454_zps6ww61u0b.jpglooking towards tuamIMAG3453_zpsr28uztps.jpglooking towards rathmorrisyIMAG3452_zpsp57oqejb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭irishgeo

where exactly is the bat bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

So are they going to open the Tuam bypass element early?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭ratracer

irishgeo wrote: »
    where exactly is the bat bridge?

It is between Coole Park and Kiltartan, north of the current end of motorway at Gort. It is visible from the existing N17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

The sawdoctors will have to write a new song soon, stone walls and the grass is green is so 1990's... Dancing at the crossroads will need a revamp come 2019 here in Enniscorthy too.. Dancing at the flyover doesn't quite have the same ring..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

"Slipform and the signs are blue..."

Saw references to boggy conditions around the Tuam bypass I think. How did contractors address that problem?

The m17 though the bog 4kms from tuam 12/06/16
    IMAG2659_zps4tre506f.jpg
    14/05/17
    IMAG3464_zpskrvx6x6u.jpg
    Roadbridge dug out the bog then froze the bog for a year, then they filled it, then they used a surcharge to speed up the settling of the embankments as you can see in pic2 the finished surface

Thanks once again M17!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭f2

Thanks once again M17!

Roadbridge dug out the peat to the white layer underneath< marla ban>, they placed a layer of terram on the white surface followed by a layer of crushed stone approx 1 metre in height, they then used vertical drainage to remove the water, they then filled with stone ............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

ratracer wrote: »
    It is between Coole Park and Kiltartan, north of the current end of motorway at Gort. It is visible from the existing N17.[\b]

well Jaysus you must have good eyesight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭ratracer

D Trent wrote: »
    well Jaysus you must have good eyesight!!

N18 then, sorry!

The tuam bypass ballygaddy road junction looking towards kilcloghans 04/02/162017-05-11_08-35-48_zpsz1fddf97.jpg16/05/17IMAG3439_zpsnonwvdbw.jpg

f2 wrote: »
    Thanks once again M17!

Roadbridge dug out the peat to the white layer underneath< marla ban>, they placed a layer of terram on the white surface followed by a layer of crushed stone approx 1 metre in height, they then used vertical drainage to remove the water, they then filled with stone ............
    Thanks for that additional info f2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

Some photos from The Tuam Bypass walk.
    1. The walk and the reason why
    417524.JPG

2. Distances
    417526.JPG

3. I didn't know that they had provided a slip-road for the Tuam Sewage Works - makes sense, of course.
    417527.JPG

417528.JPG

A great turnout.

417529.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

More photos

6. Approaching the River Nanny Overbridge.

417530.JPG

7. Approaching the Ballygaddy Road (R332) LILO junction and overbridge.

417531.JPG

8. Ballygaddy Road (R332) LILO junction coming from Tuam.

417532.JPG

9. On the Bypass looking south.

417533.JPG

A great turnout for the charity event. As ye can see, the cheese wire is now in place on all but a small amount of the bypass, so as soon as the Kilmore (southern) roundabout is finished (should be in next day or two), it will be ready to open. When it's offically due to open, I don't know, and I don't know if there'll be an opening "ceremony". Maybe a campaigning Fine Gael Minister might welcome the publicity?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Lovely day for the walk and looks like it was well supported - fair play!

End of the m17 16/05/17IMAG3492_zpswrejjm1a.jpgkilmore roundaboutIMAG3491_zps1asiryjw.jpgkilmore roundaboutIMAG3488_zpsfqyomhy4.jpgclaregalway side IMAG3490_zpseadvibyj.jpgstart of the bypassIMAG3487_zpsj0y2ydoe.jpgso they are now 28 month's in to this project,the tuam bypass should be ready by friday,but they are not saying when it will open,but I hope it will be June 2nd because I can not stand sitting in those long tailbacks on a Friday evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

ELCAT2009 wrote: »
    Just a word of warning to commuters heading south on the N17 approaching the new roundabout at Mountpotter that the roudnabout is now partially open ie the have removed some of the barriers on the roundabout so if you were heading north from Tuam, you could go all the way around the roundabout and head back south again. I presume its for Construction vehicles to access towards the Burke roundabout form the by pass but i nearly crashed into a car there this morning. I was on autopilot heading south and slowed down as normal approaching the roundabout (not intending to stop) as there has been no need for the last several months with barriers on the roundabouts, when a car came around the roundabout instead of heading north on the N17. Lets just say the brakes got slammed on and gave me a nice wake up call! I have emailed directrouet this morn and suggested they put up some temperory VMS / signage to warn cars that the roundabout is now partially operational as a roundabout...hopefully they do before there is an accident

Roundabout is now fully open, bar the bypass of course. The new burke road roundabout is now half built as well but I av to say passing thru yesterday its a complete mess with very poor signage and noone knowin who has the right of way

Advertisement