Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ELCAT2009

Great pics and updates M17. Todays pics from M18 show that there is still a bit of work to do there compared with the M17. As for the Tuam bypass, if the roundabout is done in 10 days please God they'lll have the sense to open it on June 2nd!. I know i am checking here daily for the update that will tell me it is opening and make my daily commute to Galway through Tuam a hell of a lot nicer!
    I am hoping that they open it on June 2nd to make it easier for them to finish the roundabout at the end of the link road to Dunmore. If it was open it would take away a huge amount of traffic and make the traffic management alot easier to complete that smaller roundabout. ...heres hoping!....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

ELCAT2009 wrote: »
    Great pics and updates M17. Todays pics from M18 show that there is still a bit of work to do there compared with the M17. As for the Tuam bypass, if the roundabout is done in 10 days please God they'lll have the sense to open it on June 2nd!. I know i am checking here daily for the update that will tell me it is opening and make my daily commute to Galway through Tuam a hell of a lot nicer!
    I am hoping that they open it on June 2nd to make it easier for them to finish the roundabout at the end of the link road to Dunmore. If it was open it would take away a huge amount of traffic and make the traffic management alot easier to complete that smaller roundabout. ...heres hoping!....

Fair play to the lads at langans they have done unreal work over the past six months to bring the m18 to wear it is now, if you go back to 18 months ago it was a different story that Burke roundabout at the end of the n83 it will be fully open on the 30/06/17

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Baldilocks

M17, thanks for all the work - I really appreciate it.

Can I just ask - when you refer to August, is that just the Tuam bypass? or the Gort to Tuam, M18/M17??
    And if it's just the Tuam Bypass, is it still November for the rest?

Can't wait to drive this, will knock at least 30 minutes of my Cork-Westport journey, and make the drive alot easier - cruise control on motorway vs stop/start through Clarinbridge/ClareGalway, etc.

Baldilocks wrote: »
    M17, thanks for all the work - I really appreciate it.

Can I just ask - when you refer to August, is that just the Tuam bypass? or the Gort to Tuam, M18/M17??
    And if it's just the Tuam Bypass, is it still November for the rest?

Can't wait to drive this, will knock at least 30 minutes of my Cork-Westport journey, and make the drive alot easier - cruise control on motorway vs stop/start through Clarinbridge/ClareGalway, etc.

At this present moment the tuam bypass August 17,the m17/ m18 will be October 17,it will be great no towns or villages form limerick to milltown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

m17 wrote:
    At this present moment the tuam bypass August 17,the m17/ m18 will be October 17,it will be great no towns or villages form limerick to milltown

Thank God for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Pereplyotchik

m17 wrote: »

I make that 150kms of good quality road from about Anhid Cross Co. Limerick to Milltown with just toll plaza and a few lane merges and roundabouts to get through... Will make a huge difference to journey times...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 joedomvince

Truckermal wrote: »
    Why must you quote all the photos? Some of us don't have broadband..

Hi Truckermal.My apologies but I do not understand you. At my age, my mid 70s, i respond by pressing the "quote" button. right? Sorry if I do it wrong. Im not sure.

Hi Truckermal.My apologies but I do not understand you. At my age, my mid 70s, i respond by pressing the "quote" button. right? Sorry if I do it wrong. Im not sure.
    When you reply using the quote button on a post full of pictures, it's sometimes best to edit the post to remove the pictures first.
    Or just use the "Post Reply" button at the bottom of the screen.

The m17 at Bauilphuil 11/01/162017-05-11_08-36-50_zpsitqfbkmv.jpg11/05/17IMAG3352_zps4gh6yuh8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ELCAT2009

Just a word of warning to commuters heading south on the N17 approaching the new roundabout at Mountpotter that the roudnabout is now partially open ie the have removed some of the barriers on the roundabout so if you were heading north from Tuam, you could go all the way around the roundabout and head back south again. I presume its for Construction vehicles to access towards the Burke roundabout form the by pass but i nearly crashed into a car there this morning. I was on autopilot heading south and slowed down as normal approaching the roundabout (not intending to stop) as there has been no need for the last several months with barriers on the roundabouts, when a car came around the roundabout instead of heading north on the N17. Lets just say the brakes got slammed on and gave me a nice wake up call! I have emailed directrouet this morn and suggested they put up some temperory VMS / signage to warn cars that the roundabout is now partially operational as a roundabout...hopefully they do before there is an accident

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Now I just need an excuse to drive from Sligo to Limerick.
    Aalthough your enthusiasm is understandable, you should dial it back for a few months - m17 was only talking about the Tuam Bypass. As you can see from his photos there's a good bit of work left to do, particularly on the M18.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

serfboard wrote: »
    Aalthough your enthusiasm is understandable, you should dial it back for a few months - m17 was only talking about the Tuam Bypass. As you can see from his photos there's a good bit of work left to do, particularly on the M18.

It'll hopefully make for a good drive on one of our classic September week long Indian summers.. Out of work and drive to Tuam as the sun sets

The m17 at cloondarone looking towards rathmorrisy 11/05/17IMAG3415_zpsuvnxvsu3.jpgcloondarone looking towards tuamIMAG3414_zpslgiuxwsd.jpgkilleelaun looking towards rathmorrisyIMAG3413_zpsmgpqqssu.jpgkileelaun looking towards tuamIMAG3412_zpszil3t2sr.jpgroadbridge have started the last 5kms of the wearing course on the southbound lane

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Is that the last 5kms on the southbound of the M17 or just the last 5km of Roadbridge's section m17?

marno21 wrote: »
    Is that the last 5kms on the southbound of the M17 or just the last 5km of Roadbridge's section m17?

The m17 is 25.5kms,roadbridge are doing the last 11 kms the first 6 kms is line painting and they are doing the wearing course on the last 5 kms this is all on the southbound lane only sorry about the mix up

The m17 is 25.5kms,roadbridge are doing the last 11 kms the first 6 kms is line painting and they are doing the wearing course on the last 5 kms this is all on the southbound lane only sorry about the mix up

No problem, thanks for confirming.

Where do you get such specific information from on such a regular basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

boosabum wrote: »
    Hi M17,

Pity you didn't include yourself in some of them, would be cool the same object against the different backgrounds kinda like that AIB add :):):):):):)

Wtf?

The m18 at gortroe 1.5 kms south of rathmorrisy 12/09/162017-05-12_08-07-37_zpsipe0dzqx.jpg12/05/17IMAG3425_zpsbcipzzdx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

The lads on the ground, no doubt.

• Advertisement

M18 JUNCTION 18 RATHMORISSY 12/05/17IMAG3419_zpsss4a0hfz.jpgexit signIMAG3420_zpsbdehboih.jpggantry signIMAG3424_BURST002_zpsuxx97ead.jpg

Where do you get such specific information from on such a regular basis?

This stuff just fly's through the air you got to go out there and grab it,it's all about keeping the ear to the ground and the camera on

The m17 at annagh hill 12/05/17 sisk have started the wearing course looking towards tuamIMAG3426_zpsstzmmuib.jpgannagh hill looking towards rathmorrisyIMAG3427_zpsitizkujs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

So, the concrete crash barrier is not in any way anchored to the ground. It just seats there under its own weight in the groove  on the surface of tarmac. Am I correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Geogregor wrote: »
    So, the concrete crash barrier is not in any way anchored to the ground. It just seats there under its own weight in the groove  on the surface of tarmac. Am I correct?

love to see a video of that machine working

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

irishgeo wrote: »
    love to see a video of that machine working

I'd say if you had a look there would be one on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,524 ✭✭✭✭kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

kippy wrote: »

You need to paste all the url into between the tags.

The m17 at ballybanagher corofin 13/03/152016-11-12_08-24-51_zpsjdpr3moa.jpg13/05/17IMAG3345_zpszoahp2mg.jpg

• Advertisement

The m17 at cloondarone looking towards rathmorrisy 13/05/17IMAG3432_zps5eylqneg.jpgcloondarone looking towards tuamIMAG3431_zpsid0nun31.jpgroadbridge/sisk have now 12kms of the wearing course done on the southbound lane

Advertisement