Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Yes sorry about that. 7 months ago I upgraded the site and although I could move over addresses and emails order history was not compatible. I did try to preserve it but in the end it just was not possible. I know it is pretty annoying so apologies again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

It seems like something has happened to the accounts overnight. I was able to log in yesterday but today when I checked after Cabaals and kneemos' posts I can't log in. It doesn't accept my password.

I see your account info is all there.. did you try a pass reset?

I just reset my password and all is good now. I wonder why it wouldn't accept my password earlier?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Yes sorry about that. 7 months ago I upgraded the site and although I could move over addresses and emails order history was not compatible. I did try to preserve it but in the end it just was not possible. I know it is pretty annoying so apologies again.

Fair enough, **** happens sure,
    Thanks for the explanation :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Chris, any chance of providing the measurements of the largest brush this will likely fit?

http://www.shaving.ie/products/shaving-brush-travel-tube.html

Cabaal wrote: »
    Chris, any chance of providing the measurements of the largest brush this will likely fit?

http://www.shaving.ie/products/shaving-brush-travel-tube.html

Yes, 40mm diameter and internal height is approx 118mm

Chris, do you happen to know how much the Semogue 2011 Limited Edition boar brushes sold for? More specifically, the Finest Bristle 1 sized version.

I'm nearly certain I bought one from you but can't for the life of me remember how much I paid.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I just reset my password and all is good now. I wonder why it wouldn't accept my password earlier?
    Could possibly have been a temporary connectivity issue.. but all seems fine from this side.

• Advertisement

That is indeed the one. Couldn't find it in the Semogue catagory so assumed you had removed it from the site. Actually less expensive than I thought.

Thanks Chris.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Chris, is the Black 2-Band Special brush you sell a Silvertip?

Also, on another forum I was reading about the best smelling shave soaps and the one that came up a lot was Tabac. I didn't see it on your site. Will you be getting some in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Cabaal wrote: »
    chris, whats happened to my account with shaving.ie?

It appears to have been reset, I couldn't login to it so I had to reset my password now it shows no previous orders and my wishlists are gone :(

I just tried this and it happened to me too. Odd that the transfer lost passwords but no big deal.

I was trying to add Windsor EDT to my new wishlist but can't find it. Is it just out of stock?

I've said it before and I'll say it again,

Yet again excellent service from Chris/Shaving.ie,

Ordered around 12pm yesterday and just received my order, fastest delivery's from any Irish company I've ever dealt with on-line. Not to mention the excellent customer service here on boards answering queries :)

Chris, is the Black 2-Band Special brush you sell a Silvertip?

Also, on another forum I was reading about the best smelling shave soaps and the one that came up a lot was Tabac. I didn't see it on your site. Will you be getting some in?

Yes but it would be a bit firmer than the standard 3-band version. I used to get Tabac in but there was a lack of interest. I will look into it as an option again but it was always difficult to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Yes but it would be a bit firmer than the standard 3-band version. I used to get Tabac in but there was a lack of interest. I will look into it as an option again but it was always difficult to get.

Thanks Chris, This was the thread I was looking at, http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/390091-What-Is-Your-Favorite-Smelling-Shaving-Soap

The other two that came up a lot were Mikes natural soap http://www.mikesnaturalsoaps.com/Mikes_Natural_Soaps/Shaving_Soaps.html ( this could be hard to get though) and Mitchells Wool Fat which you have so I'll be odering it next week from you.
    What would be your recommendation?

Thanks Chris, This was the thread I was looking at, http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/390091-What-Is-Your-Favorite-Smelling-Shaving-Soap

The other two that came up a lot were Mikes natural soap http://www.mikesnaturalsoaps.com/Mikes_Natural_Soaps/Shaving_Soaps.html ( this could be hard to get though) and Mitchells Wool Fat which you have so I'll be odering it next week from you.
    What would be your recommendation?
    I would definitely try the Mitchell's and also consider DR Harris soaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The B&B chaps love their Tabac, not sure why. I found the performance average and the scent wasn't to my taste at all. I guess they see it as European and exotic.

The scent of Tabac is probably a love or hate thing. Boots stores normally have Tabac deodorant so if there is one near you, head there to smell it.

The B&B chaps love their Tabac, not sure why. I found the performance average and the scent wasn't to my taste at all. I guess they see it as European and exotic.

There are a lot of things billed as "european" so they sell better. Häagen-Dazs ice cream is made in New Jersey. I read a lot about Pinaud-Clubman on B&B so picked up a bottle last time I was in the states. Absolutely dreadful!

American or not, when it comes to forum hype it's best to use your own judgement.

• Advertisement

Chris, any chance you could order in RazoRock for Captain's Choice Bay Rum Artisan Shaving Soap?

Also wondering when you'll have in DR Harris Windsor EDT? Getting very low.

newkie wrote: »
    Chris, any chance you could order in RazoRock for Captain's Choice Bay Rum Artisan Shaving Soap?

Also wondering when you'll have in DR Harris Windsor EDT? Getting very low.

Yes, I think it should be part of the next stock order. There is one last EDT available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

on my recent order from shaving.ie I bought 100 Polsilver Super Iridium to try out and wow, must say these are smooth and sharp blades. At €20 for 100 also, pretty good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I ordered some stuff from shaving.ie to be delivered to my folks house, and it arrived the very next day. That's fast!

Just a few more weeks before Im home and can pick it up!

Out of curiosity, would you deliver to Japan? I should be ok bringing what I bought back with me for a good long time. But it's so much cheaper than over here. I bought four soaps for about 60quid, just one of those soaps would have cost the same on Amazon.jp

Thanks for the quick service!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Lads thinking of ordering a feather Ss straight and just wondering do you get blades with it and if so which ones, thanks in advance.

jebidiah wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, would you deliver to Japan?
    Yes by registered post. It is expensive but you would not pay vat if it was going to Japan.
    JamboMac wrote: »
    Lads thinking of ordering a feather Ss straight and just wondering do you get blades with it and if so which ones, thanks in advance.
    They do not come with any blades. We only have the light ones at the moment but more types are on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I was told by a dermatologist to use glycerine as part of my pre shave routine.Anyone in particular ye would recommend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

You'll get it off the shelf in any pharmacy. However I tried it and got an allergic reaction (I'm cursed with extra-sensitive skin), so go carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Michael G wrote: »
    You'll get it off the shelf in any pharmacy. However I tried it and got an allergic reaction (I'm cursed with extra-sensitive skin), so go carefully.

Cheers.I am putting in an order with Shaving so would prefer to buy off them.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    Cheers.I am putting in an order with Shaving so would prefer to buy off them.

Musgo Real have glycerin soaps for pre shave.

http://www.shaving.ie/brands/Musgo-Real.html

Advertisement