Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Beer/drink youve had!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Beloi Aist - it's a cognac made either in Russia or Belarus (name means "White Stork").
    Cognac however is too well said. It is the worse tasting thing i ever tried. Its made with cheap ingridients, so u aint be looking for some good time with VSOP. It tastes a bit like a fuel or gasoline... i seriously don't want to know how they made it taste so "extravagant".
    But the sure thing is i will not try it again....EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Nu-Centz

Some god awful shi te called Finkbrau.

this ^

absolutely horrific stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

leffe, i know it has its fans but my god i hate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

trout wrote: »
    What's the one with the picture of a dancing bear on the can ?

That's the worst beer ever. Dancing bear beer. Yech.

Guessing you mean Hofmeister.
    HofmeisterBeer.png

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Nu-Centz wrote: »
    this ^

absolutely horrific stuff.

It was free at the time, was horrible trying to force it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Ulsteryank

Probably some hot beer that was sitting in the sun, that I didn't want to throw out. I had this Scotch called Speyburn. Everytime I took a shot, it was like gtting punched in the face!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

mudokon wrote: »
    Guessing you mean Hofmeister.
    HofmeisterBeer.png

Ahhhhh! That's the awful stuff ... flashbacks! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

Worst ciders are Stonehouse, Scrumpy Jack, White Lightning (got it in scotland),
    Heineken from the bottle is awful stuff, it doesnt anything like a can or a pint. When you put the bottle to your mouth it smells like someone farted in it before the cap was put on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Certi Layla!!

Forsty Jack cider, horrible:eek:
    Sambuca...rotten!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Konyagi, from Tanzania, absolutely poxy, this would be an excellent engine de-greaser.

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Imagine if you will, A bottle of gin.

Now, pour that gin into a black wheelie bin (thats been well used) and close it and allow the gin to really set in.

Now imagine, coming back, a month later, and Takeing the "gin" out, putting it into a bottle, selling it and giving it a hillarious name.

Brothers, i present this.

180px-Unicum_bottle.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

This stuff here: Arrogant Ba$tard Ale. I had it in Boston a good few years ago, purchased purely on the name and label.

Truly rotten stuff, I clearly wasn't worthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Harp.

The dregs of Dundalk in a can or pint glass

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Has anyone mentioned Furstenberg? (Furstenburg? I dunno)

Is it even available any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Imagine if you will, A bottle of gin.

Now, pour that gin into a black wheelie bin (thats been well used) and close it and allow the gin to really set in.

Now imagine, coming back, a month later, and Takeing the "gin" out, putting it into a bottle, selling it and giving it a hillarious name.

Brothers, i present this.

180px-Unicum_bottle.JPG

ive drank that, foul stuff indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

San Miguel....

Horrible horrible stuff !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

francosp wrote: »
    San Miguel....

Horrible horrible stuff !

thats tasty.........!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

For me Stella Artois and Grolsch are both equally revolting.They both make me wanna throw up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

GalKiefer wrote: »
    Samuel Adams beer from Boston. Had it while I was over there but I spotted it in Tesco recently so its spreading. Vile watered down rubbish.

Still though, the most disgusting alcoholic drink to ever pass my lips is Buckfast.

Sam Adams is a brewery and they do a range of beers ,some of them are top notch.I have tried a good few and have liked most of them.I think the way u serve a beer,ie temperature,glass type etc has a lot to do with it.

Which one did u try?.

http://www.samueladams.com/world_of_beer.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 masseyferguson

VB and fosters are rotten

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Made my own hooch after reading this: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Alcohol-from-Common-Table-Sugar

Pant browningly bad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Raki that I bought 16 years ago in Turkey. No matter how desperate I've been, it's always been disgusting.

I've always hated the taste of Carlsberg, but most of the lagers that are widely available are dire anyway, especially after drinking Belgian beer. Has anyone tried Rodenback Grand Cru? It's either love or hate, no in between with this one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

freyners wrote: »
    tuborg nd dutch gold
    Woah woah woah! Hold on now. Tuborg is a grand lager. Don't knock it because it's cheap!
    I agree about Dutch. Vile. The only lager that's ever made me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Tastes like all the rabid dogs in glasgow pissed into a tramp-infested skip and they filled the cans fom it.
    Had the misfortune of drinking a pint on the stenaline to scotland one time as well, jumped overboard to get away from it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Its a close one between.

Bud-Light (Actually worse than Bud)
    Stella
    Sam Adams

Once drank a spirit called hagi-pagi, came from thailand, was a 90% alcohol drink but that was only to keep the decomposed lizard that was in the bottle in tact, utterly horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

+1 on Unicum being the most horrendous substance on the planet. Instant vomit! Even the name is nasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Cashels Cider now discontinued as far as i know. Only beer i ever drank that made me physically sick after one pint!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

Sean_K wrote: »
    Had a pint of it recently in a pub, there was an awful burnt-sugar taste off it.
    Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Yeah real like that and more watered down!!! The miller days are over!

noooooooooo! love the stuff, its much nicer out of a bottle and has to be ice cold.

sambuca is the devils work. i hate baileys with a passion aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Dunkle Google it had it in Austria Treacle Beer urrrgghh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I actually still have a bottle of that Unicum filth.

Filth is the only word for it.
    Makes me want to vomit just thinking about it.

Advertisement