Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Beer/drink youve had!

Options
  • 28-08-2009 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Right, there is a thread about peoples favourite drinks!!.....

This is for the drinks that you dont like!!

For me its carlsberg from the "bottle". Me and my mate bought a crate of carlsberg bottles, i dont no was it a bad batch or what but it tasted vile out of this world!.....also galahad, and dutch gold ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Tennents.

Bought a crate of it a few years ago cos it was on special offer. Could never drink more than 1 can at a time and barely even finished them at that. The thing lasted me 2 months before they were all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Budweiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

tuborg nd dutch gold

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

None of the above compare to the cans of 'Red Racer Indian Pale Ale' in British Colombia.

Tastes like a packet or curry seasoning was thrown in to some stale beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

Cans of Bass
    They were a euro per can in tesco a few weeks back
    never again will I drink that piss-water!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Without doubt, Eumundi lager in Queensland. The vilest beer I've ever tasted. So bad that we ended up giving free ones back (it was a two for one deal when I tried it). A stain on the name beer, something dreamt up by an evil AA genius who wanted to put people off beer for life. Bitterer than the bitterest thing you can think of multiplied by 10,000. Had to drink Fosters afterwards to get the taste out of my mouth. It made Fosters taste like nectar in comparison, that's how bad it was.

On bad nights I wake up sweating from nightmares thinking I have to drink the stuff or the whole world will end.

Thankfully I wake up before I have to make a decision. But if I were you, I wouldn't put money on the world surviving until the morning.

In short, if someone tries to persuade you to to drink the stuff AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Without doubt, Eumundi lager in Queensland. The vilest beer I've ever tasted. So bad that we ended up giving free ones back (it was a two for one deal when I tried it). A stain on the name beer, something dreamt up by an evil AA genius who wanted to put people off beer for life. Bitterer than the bitterest thing you can think of multiplied by 10,000. Had to drink Fosters afterwards to get the taste out of my mouth. It made Fosters taste like nectar in comparison, that's how bad it was.

On bad nights I wake up sweating from nightmares thinking I have to drink the stuff or the whole world will end.

Thankfully I wake up before I have to make a decision. But if I were you, I wouldn't put money on the world surviving until the morning.

In short, if someone tries to persuade you to to drink the stuff AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.

wont be drinking that anytime soon............unless of course im in serious need of beer at a house party are somthing!!!..lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Anything non-alcoholic

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Had to drink Fosters afterwards to get the taste out of my mouth.
    :eek:

A special blend of sherry to celebrate Galways Quincentinneal
    it was bought a year later in Dublin as it was the cheapest alcohol % availabe

even as a poor student it was wojeus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

A six pack of Route 66 beer lasted almost six months in my house. I bought it on special offer and the stuff was vial, ended up in the bin - thats how crap the stuff was.
    I opened the first bottle and took a sip and emptied that bottle down the drain. It was so bad I didn't even have the heart to offer it round at after club drinks at my house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 shenanaganscork

aldi i think had something called excelsior.. it was beer FLAVOURED and more E numbers than a dealer..

god..

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

Toohey's old.

Nothing but wallaby's piss from down under.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Ritz

oh and...

Bavaria.....

Becks. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Lidl used to have this piss called Finkbrau but they discontinued it. Gave me awful hangovers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

lalee17 wrote: »
    Lidl used to have this piss called Finkbrau but they discontinued it. Gave me awful hangovers :(

if ya knew they gave ya an awful hangover ,why buy it again?

labbatts ice for me,fecking manky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 MB81

drank beer before think it was called sani clause beer was 13% was like tar trying to drink it was that thick, didnt taste much better than tar either id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Bulmer's pear cider!! :eek:

...or for the other poverty stricken budget stricken students...

...tesco brand dry cider!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

What's the one with the picture of a dancing bear on the can ?

That's the worst beer ever. Dancing bear beer. Yech.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Becks. :mad:
    you must have higher standards than me as i used to love a feed of bottles of becks back in the day,got given a non alcoholic one by mistake one night havent touched it since.:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Can't remember what the stuff's proper name is, but Polish plum-vodka (140 proof).

It made the taste of Absinthe so much better afterwards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

Heiniken

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

cannot drink any lager. They are too sharp for me. Cannot touch guinness, its brutal.
    Beers are good for me. Heiniken is especially bad for my stomach..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

trout wrote: »

You should have gone for the bottle with the pink dancing elephant instead!

delirium-tremens-elephant.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

trout wrote: »

I googled dancing bear and didn't see any beer!!! :eek: :eek: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Super Tennents or else Labatts Ice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

My friend brought home some Chinese wine from her travels, it tasted like beetroot mixed with cigars, absolutely rank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Waterfall1975

box of bottles on special offer - any premium brand.
    Usually are 5%, not the usual 4.3% & taste rotten - undrinkable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

mickdw wrote: »
    cannot drink any lager. They are too sharp for me. Cannot touch guinness, its brutal.
    Beers are good for me. Heiniken is especially bad for my stomach..

Think you may be in the wrong place, :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Daragh101 wrote: »
    also galahad, and dutch gold ...

Ah, Galahd, the bravest of all beers. That and Carlsberg Export got us through Oxegen :)

aldi i think had something called excelsior.. it was beer FLAVOURED and more E numbers than a dealer..

god..

Sorry, but this is wrong. Excelsior = Major win because of the name, which is easily the greatest name ever!

For me, Dutch gold does it. *shudder* or Oranjeboom. A very metallic taste. Or Absinthe :(

Advertisement