Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Beer/drink youve had!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Anyone drink miller? I felt that just went minging all of a sudden!!

Had a pint of it recently in a pub, there was an awful burnt-sugar taste off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Yeah real like that and more watered down!!! The miller days are over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 susannn10

Bishops Finger ale. We only got one bottle in tesco just to see what it was like because we laughed so much about the name. It was vile. It was like no other taste i've ever tasted. Even thinking of it makes me cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

susannn10 wrote: »
    Bishops Finger ale. We only got one bottle in tesco just to see what it was like because we laughed so much about the name. It was vile. It was like no other taste i've ever tasted. Even thinking of it makes me cringe.

Just not used to real beers thats all, its the fault of the marcobreweries watering down all their drink. The taste is fantastic if you like the taste of bitter hops!! Lovely dry strong ale..One of my favs

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

Innis_and_Gunn.jpg

Innis and Gunn woul be my worst, its got a whiskey style taste, probably because of the way it was aged...Personally, not for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Adam08

Hackenburg, vile stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I once had the unfortunate experience of having a sip of St. Bernards brand Lager...

minging...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭steve_oh

oozo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

steve_oh wrote: »
    oozo

what?

lager.jpg

• Advertisement

lager.jpg

2%:eek::eek:..shocking stuff!

Thats up the north I think its 4% down this way!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Anyone drink miller? I felt that just went minging all of a sudden!!

All of a sudden? :confused:

Yeah! It was like they changed something!! Maybe my taste buds just changed to tesco lager lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Samuel Adams beer from Boston. Had it while I was over there but I spotted it in Tesco recently so its spreading. Vile watered down rubbish.

Still though, the most disgusting alcoholic drink to ever pass my lips is Buckfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Budweiser in all its form.

On draught, it is disgusting, although I maintain that for 99% of draught beer in Ireland. Ive stopped drinking it as its so bad. Compare those to the beers on draught in places like Belgium or the Netherlands.

Out of a can, I rate Budweiser on equal par with Dutch Gold. I hold Bavaria in higher esteem (im serious)!

And bottles of Budweiser? Comparing it to bottles of Heineken or Stella, its way below them.

And why do so many people drink Budweiser in this country? Because they wouldnt know a decent beer if it slapped them across the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

GalKiefer wrote: »
    Buckfast.

To me its the marmite of the alcohol world. The taste is questionable, and entirely sujective. I like the feel you get off it though, its effects are far from any other type of alcohol in my opinion.

Budweiser in all its form.

On draught, it is disgusting, although I maintain that for 99% of draught beer in Ireland. Ive stopped drinking it as its so bad. Compare those to the beers on draught in places like Belgium or the Netherlands.

Out of a can, I rate Budweiser on equal par with Dutch Gold. I hold Bavaria in higher esteem (im serious)!

And bottles of Budweiser? Comparing it to bottles of Heineken or Stella, its way below them.

And why do so many people drink Budweiser in this country? Because they wouldnt know a decent beer if it slapped them across the face.

bud is taste on draught.....i reckon its nicer than hinekin, cours light, carlsberg and miller!....

Out of the can Bavaria is certainly much nicer.....dont no about dutch gold(tack)...

Tbh theres not a great choice of draught beers(apart from the ones ive named) in most pubs where i live anyway!..:rolleyes:

Daragh101 wrote: »
    bud is taste on draught.....i reckon its nicer than hinekin, cours light, carlsberg and miller!....

Out of the can Bavaria is certainly much nicer.....dont no about dutch gold(tack)...

Tbh theres not a great choice of draught beers(apart from the ones ive named) in most pubs where i live anyway!..:rolleyes:

Cans of Baveria !! My favourite 6 for 7.99!!

Cans of Baveria !! My favourite 6 for 7.99!!

or 8 for €10 if ya fancy a couple extra!..lol:D

• Advertisement

Daragh101 wrote: »
    or 8 for €10 if ya fancy a couple extra!..lol:D

I saw in dunnes there they had the big boxes of bottles like 20 for 18euro back of the net :D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

yea baveria is nice, didnt try the bottles yet though, will have pay dunnes a visit at the weekend, back to worst beer is probably some local ale in newcastle, it was like drinking tar, was dying from the night before so might have been nice normally, oh just after thinking of cans of super from years ago, havent seen it recently, it was in a black can and a 12% strenght, its turning my stomach even thinking of it, it was rank

I saw in dunnes there they had the big boxes of bottles like 20 for 18euro back of the net :D

never actually had the bottles...always got the cans!!..I will certainly be trying them now with that deal!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Cant believe nobody has mentioned the 'Chiller' Lager that the porterhouse 'brews'.

Was in the one at the bottom of grafton street with a mate a few weeks back and he had never been in and went to the bar and for some reason got two of these without me knowing (had gone to loo) i got back from the loo and he immediately asked me is my beer ok...."you bought that chiller sh1te didnt you"....two pints handed back to the barman who onviously has 99% of this piss returned given back as undrinkable.

Worst 'Beer' i have ever tasted and even after 6 or 7 pints we couldnt drink it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Cant believe nobody has mentioned the 'Chiller' Lager that the porterhouse 'brews'.
    Got sick after a pint of that stuff before, made the mistake of trying to drink it despite the taste.

Had an godawful white rum there recently, it was from superquinn, about €15.99 for a bottle. Havana Club for me from now on me thinks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Some god awful shi te called Finkbrau.

Not a beer but last night someone handed me a havana club!! Was horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

DUFF beer tasted like a mix of Heineken and poo with not enough poo involved

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Innis_and_Gunn.jpg

Innis and Gunn woul be my worst, its got a whiskey style taste, probably because of the way it was aged...Personally, not for me!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Love the stuff, although you could only have ine or two cold ones before going out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

I don't believe there is a truly awful beer on sale in this country, just some that are not to peoples personal taste. However if one ventures further afield there are some truly shocking liquids being sold as beer. My worst experience so far has been Murree Beer from Pakistan, where you need a special government license to buy alcohol. Even the worst homebrews I've drunk were better than this. I don't know about the other brews they do but the "beer" is vile.

Advertisement