Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Beer/drink youve had!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Jay P wrote: »
    Ah, Galahd, the bravest of all beers. That and Carlsberg Export got us through Oxegen :)

Sorry, but this is wrong. Excelsior = Major win because of the name, which is easily the greatest name ever!

For me, Dutch gold does it. *shudder* or Oranjeboom. A very metallic taste. Or Absinthe :(

I dont no why anyone would choose dutch gold over bavaria or even tuborg!!?....for similar price much better beer(not flat).....

the carlsberg export is class value alright!!...it is a smaller can by 60mil though!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

In order of sickness -

1. Lucky Beer (this is what I imagine alcoholic noodle water to taste like, this stuffs in a league of it's own)
    2. Budweiser
    3. Miller
    4. Cruzcampo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭hoochio

Tsingao Beer you get free from the chinese take-away with your order. Yuck! tastes like rice! Purely last resort-after-pub-nothing else to drink stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Daragh101 wrote: »
    I dont no why anyone would choose dutch gold over bavaria or even tuborg!!?....for similar price much better beer(not flat).....

the carlsberg export is class value alright!!...it is a smaller can by 60mil though!:(

I don't get why people don't spend an extra three or four euro to get beer that is actually drinkable. Next weekend, I'm gonna go for Erdinger, just cos its so yum!

And about Export, it's also 5.5%, so that kinda makes up for it. I also prefer the cans, they're more skinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Bit of a confession here - I once had a *cocktail called a Wet Mickey. Nearly choked on it...

* lonnnnnnggggggg story.

• Advertisement

I don't get why people don't spend an extra three or four euro to get beer that is actually drinkable. Next weekend, I'm gonna go for Erdinger, just cos its so yum!

aaaaha well theres where your wrong........I would have Bavaria over bud, miller or carlsberg any day (out of a can that)....just because a beer is cheap doesnt really mean its tack!!!.....why dyou drink dutch then?

P.s i can get 8 bavaria for €10....... 8 cans of bud will cost me bou €15!!......healthy saving it must be said!:D

aaaaha well theres where your wrong........I would have Bavaria over bud, miller or carlsberg any day (out of a can that)....just because a beer is cheap doesnt really mean its tack!!!.....why dyou drink dutch then?

P.s i can get 8 bavaria for €10....... 8 cans of bud will cost me bou €15!!......healthy saving it must be said!:D

:eek: I never said nothin about drinking it regularly! I meant it's one of the worst drinks I've ever had! I'd never go for Bav or dutch over bud or miller.

:eek: I never said nothin about drinking it regularly! I meant it's one of the worst drinks I've ever had! I'd never go for Bav or dutch over bud or miller.

:eek::eek:..I thought it was only me and my mates the used such a term as BAV!:(:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

When myself and my mate were on holiday, every week we'd get a strange spirit we'd never had before.

He got Ouzo and we both got plastered...

Then I got this stuff called Aquavit. Jaysus it was awful. Nobody would drink it. Terrible stuff. I ended up spiking a watermelon with it and then drinkin' the remainder myself whcih got me blind drunk.

Good times... :D

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Oranjeboom. :(

i actually liked it, have you had it in draught?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

Karpackie...i think it polish.
    Group of us got a supporters bus to croke park for a match, on the way back had a fiver left(Dublin's expensive) rushed into offie before bus left, saw 4 cans for €5...never again, ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

triv88 wrote: »
    Heiniken
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Dante

Probably that chili beer,
    chili.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Ah, Galahd, the bravest of all beers. That and Carlsberg Export got us through Oxegen :)

Sorry, but this is wrong. Excelsior = Major win because of the name, which is easily the greatest name ever!

For me, Dutch gold does it. *shudder* or Oranjeboom. A very metallic taste. Or Absinthe :(

Galahad is nice .

i actually liked it, have you had it in draught?

No, just a can. I definitely won't be going back.
    daniel91 wrote: »
    Karpackie...i think it polish.
    Group of us got a supporters bus to croke park for a match, on the way back had a fiver left(Dublin's expensive) rushed into offie before bus left, saw 4 cans for €5...never again, ever!

My brother has been trying to get me into this, but any time I've had it, it's been yuck. He maintains it's a bad batch that I've been getting cos he thinks it's unreal.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Drinking Tenents atm, what piss, at least I had some Bavaria for earlier, and it was plesent, this stuff is just horrible, has alcohol in it though, so will finish them off :D

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Any beer cold is generally ok. However, from bad experiences I shall name a few I dislike.

Bavaria (tastes like ****e. I tasted my own ****e just to see if I was right and I am)
    Galahad (biased opinion here, only ever had it after waking up from passing out and was still completely fcked. Still. Gack.)
    Miller (awful stuff although I drank it warm with cheese sandwiches and got sick on that poor girl's patio)

yoyo wrote: »
    Drinking Tenents atm, what piss, at least I had some Bavaria for earlier, and it was plesent, this stuff is just horrible, has alcohol in it though, so will finish them off :D

Nick

haha...ya wouldnt go buying tenents in a rush tbh!!!:p.... it must be said though it is decent at the start, but then near the end of the can its like drinking piss mixed mixed with dutch gold (not that ive tried it or anything;))

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Cruzcampo.

Cruzcampo.

where did ya get that...? never heard of it!:eek:

• Advertisement

haha...ya wouldnt go buying tenents in a rush tbh!!!:p.... it must be said though it is decent at the start, but then near the end of the can its like drinking piss mixed mixed with dutch gold (not that ive tried it or anything;))
    Tbh man, unless I got a bad batch, dutch gold is "premium" quality as opposed to tennents, aweful stuff altogether, although cant complain about the 4% :pac:

Nick

where did ya get that...? never heard of it!:eek:

Its a spanish beer, drank it all the time while in spain on holiday a while back, not a bad drink :)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

I believe Heineken is the biggest selling lager in ROI. How can this bland tasteless muck have gained the market share that it has?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 thunderdan

Furstenburg (sp?) and Carling, but the Carling may have been out of date, still drank them but was tough going....:D

MonsieurD wrote: »
    I believe Heineken is the biggest selling lager in ROI. How can this bland tasteless muck have gained the market share that it has?

Ya i no!!...a lot of older people tent to go for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Worst beer I have ever had is That Cobra beer!! Worst Spirit was that Brazilian stuff I got handed at a party .. Pitu or something it was called!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Was in Frankfurt a couple of years back, big group of us, and we were stocking up on booze for a session. Ended up buying a bottle of extremely cheap grappa (I do realise that any other type of grappa is a bit of a conceptual contradiction) just because it came in a cool looking bottle.

One sip of the stuff and I honestly almost got sick. No amount of dilution would make it palatable.

The one time I've ever seen people refuse free drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Any sweet beer (eg Desperados Tequila Beer)
    I had a beer in a brewpub in Prague. Was supposed to be 12% abv, but I suspect they hadnt properly fermented it. It was so sweet, it was like drinking a pint of syrup. Couldn't taste any alcohol at all. Rotten.

Cant think of one that was overall bad, mostly just a bad pint and the next one makes up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Anyone drink miller? I felt that just went minging all of a sudden!!

Advertisement