Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Beer/drink youve had!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

mayordenis wrote: »
    I actually still have a bottle of that Unicum filth.

Filth is the only word for it.
    Makes me want to vomit just thinking about it.
    I bought my sister a bottle of it as a last minute duty free present.

For years it was the "bogie shot" during a session. Full of herbs and goodness mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Robbo wrote: »
    I bought my sister a bottle of it as a last minute duty free present.

For years it was the "bogie shot" during a session. Full of herbs and goodness mind...

Haha I doubt good herbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

HOFFMANS

That god awful , dirty hangover in a can. Dont ever think i tasted anything as bad:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

Steinlager ... rotten crap from New Zealand.....burn the stomach out of you but that only the beginning....wait till the next morning when you have to break the seal!!!!
    There was a cider in London called Diamond White....a head blower. Also Carlsberg Special Brew.....oh the hangover I can still feel it.
    Was in Oz a couple years ago... Victoria Bitter......what a load of ****e.....almost had to take the pledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Leffe, got a 4 bottle back after the recommendations on here. it was by far the most disgusting this I've had by far. Just tasted like rusty nails or a bad Hoegaarden.

Paulaner doesn't agree with me either, and I know that won't be appreciated here but I just about finished a bottle of the stuff I got to experiment with some evening.

But by far the worst drink I consume is Bud Light, which is currently two years beyond its best before date. Tastes like normal Bud Light, ie ****ing piss water but with added deadness. It's saving grace is that it's strong as fook cause it's out of date and it's cheap as hell cause it's out of date so we'll let it slide due to me being a skint student and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Chimay Rouge was my worst. It just tasted like dirty socks! Toohey's Extra Dry was another god awful beer. Bitter, and not in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

i had a pint of labatts before...
    i'd rather drink my own pxxx:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

smilerf wrote: »
    i had a pint of labatts before...
    i'd rather drink my own pxxx:D
    i forgot about labatts, its pretty rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Some green stuff in a fancy bottle. No idea what it was, neither did the barman. It was there before he started there. It had what looked like grass in it, but was now white. Still drank it cos I'm a man, and it was free. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lightning_saa

Carona Extra

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

gleep wrote: »
    Tastes like all the rabid dogs in glasgow pissed into a tramp-infested skip and they filled the cans fom it.
    :D:D:D:D

Has to be that Bushlander wine you get in Aldi.

In our house we call it Bushwhacker, cos you'll feel like one is being used on you for up to 3 days!!!! after drinking it.

I'm surprised that it's still being sold.
    It's a genuine health hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 TripleXXX

English bitter is unreal sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RABTMOUSE

Florida honey beer- yuke!! Don't try this!!
    Not to be confused with Fuller's honey Dew- this beer is yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kenneth5

XXXX is the worst beer I ever had. Got eight cans of it before because it was something like 90 cent a can. It only had 3.7 per cent voulme and tasted absolutly terrible. Didn't even get me little drunk despite knocking back all eight cans in about an hour. Just tasted horrible. Like beer that had already gone flat. Amstel and grolsh out of the can are desperate aswell but Amstel on draught is great stuff. Why can't irish pubs have that on tab instead of over priced water like heineken and carlsberg

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

some ****e that I came across called Karlsbrau. Only seen it once and never again.
    ****ing rank.

karlsbrau_product.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

stella artois...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

BASS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Keith11

Stella Artois or Bavaria 8.4%, both truly disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Unicum. I fookin hate when that is the penalty shot when playing poker. Utter evil in a bottle.

As for beer, I find the Porterhouse Chiller to be a pretty vile beer, like an even nastier version of Bud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

agree with Unicum - bad bad nasty stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Keith11

with a name like unicum i cant imagine it being anything but bad!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 fishypancake

Its a three way tie. Theres 4-0 , which is a malt liqour thats 10% alchol. Tastes like a dark , thick blast of stagnant beer thats been sitting in a squat house for 3 days open.

Theres CAMO , which is the offical malt liqour of the US army .... not really but it tastes and goes down like something sqeezed out of the platoons uniform. Thin , pale , tastes like ass hole but its only like a dollar in most places , and 5 of those is like 2 six packs.

and then theres the upscale cat dookie. Its called Lionshead and its brewed right here in Wilkes-Barre , Pennsylvainia . It costs about 6 dollers a case. Do not let the name fool you though, its going to bite you about as strong as a decapitated lions head. Weak , tastes like piss , but theres always about 300 bottles on any party site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

a pitcher of Labatt. I didn't wait til the end of the night to puke. Uttery revolting. Canada definitely needs so shot of decent beer in the arm stat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

Carlsberg, special brew. Awful stuff. I think only bums drink it because its so strong. someone gave me one one night and drank a few slugs, f**king brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Funnily enough I've drank some of the stuff people have mentioned on here such as bottles of Labatts Ice and pints Tennants and I must say I'd rather them to Tiger Beer or Corona, just can't stand the taste of them two.

Other than that, Ouzo is evil. Absoulte evil in a bottle. The smell of it now from 10 feet away would make me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Ouzo is evil. Absoulte evil in a bottle. The smell of it now from 10 feet away would make me sick.

this ... I agree with this

*shakes head*

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

The year is 1992, location London, time is just minutes to off-license closing time, funds: very low. 6 pint bottles of bargain-bucket, out of date Nigerian Harp. I still wake up nights in a cold sweat at the memory of that stinking brew.
    Even desperate cardplaying expat Paddies exiled in London couldn't choke that stuff down. eeeeuuuuch!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It's got to be Smithwicks, total Piss! It never knew whether it was a lager or a Guinness type drink, absolutely disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It's got to be Smithwicks, total Piss! It never knew whether it was a lager or a Guinness type drink, absolutely disgusting.
    It's a bitter. Bitters > Stout + Lager.

Granted it's a sh*t bitter but I have to laugh at your beer ignorance.

Advertisement