Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access course lecture in UCD

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    I gonna start my summary for the learning journal soon,Ive been filling it in 2-3 times a week,what kind of references did you include in your summary?
    like you took ideas out of that stella cotrell study book?
    Do you use a journal in TCD?:pac:

Just look up study skills on the net and have them as references, more for show then anything else. ;)

Eh, yeah I started a journal... must start it proper now though... :o They DO work!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

How can you do the summary without repeating what you have in the journal itself? I've been keeping up to date with it after each lecture.

How is Powerpoint to learn on your own? I too opted for a lie in:p I have the basics in word, excel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

The summary is a discussion of your journal, summary is a bad word really

In writing up the lab reports in what what font and order do you do the references?

The two I'm using are from a paper and a website. Is wikipedia ok to use as a reference?, just a basic one nothing in depth.

Is it title first and what goes into italics?

Thanking you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

Im going to snoop around TCD next tuesday(shadowing day),I am actually starting to like UCD now but want to see what TCD is like to,Whats lariannes opinion on TCD over UCD?

Oh yeah its says on the letter I get a lunch voucher,
    Does this mean I shall get a succulent scrummy feast for free??

• Advertisement

The UCD library is so much better than TCD. There's a total of ONE study rooms on TCD campus. (There's 3 over at Trinity Health Science Centre at James's but still that's not the point). So there's constantly groups of people talking in the library. Also people talking on phones and eating. God, I'm such a nerd.

I miss librocop! :mad:

Apart from that I love Trinity really. Everything seems closer, you're right in the centre of town, the Pav is nicer than the UCD student bar. I dunno what else. I haven't done much other than study in the library, go to the gym or the Pav.

Yeah you'll be able to eat in either The Buttery or The Hamilton Cafe. Probably get a lunch for free. Food's decent enough there too. That Shadow Day sounds brilliant. I never knew of it before. Best of luck!

UCD is sounding better! Isn't there quieter rooms for post grads and the like?

UCD is sounding better! Isn't there quieter rooms for post grads and the like?

Yeah but I ain't a post grad. I just think it's shockin! :mad:

I didn't like the feel on UCD campus though. Too big. And well it's only one bus to TCD and two to UCD!

There's defo better looking fellas at UCD. :(

Larianne wrote: »
    There's defo better looking fellas at UCD. :(

I like UCD more and more everyday

Yeah,UCD has a very high amount of gorgeous looking girls tooo! :P
    so its gonna be a tough decision next year!

• Advertisement

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    Yeah,UCD has a very high amount of gorgeous looking girls tooo! :P
    so its gonna be a tough decision next year!

Well they're at Trinity as well, ahem! ;)

It's just something I noticed.

Not so many "yah, yah, omg lioke" in TCD though. Well, none at all really so far!

I'll be gawking around so make sure everyone is lined up on the catwalk!!

I agree the library in TCD is crap compared to UCD's.but the posh restaurant with the big pictures on the wall is cool.
    Both universitys have good and bad point :pac::pac:

Maths test was last night,,when do the results come out?

Ah crap, i've been meaning to reply to your message but i forgot with all the stress of these exams

How'd it go? Results came out around christmas last year

It went grand apart from one question ,couldnt get my head around it got to do with the velocity of a golf ball,didnt do much on physics calculations in class,any way I went in with 25 from the assignments and I hope to get 90 ish...
    do the results get posted out or can we check online?
    Hows the exams for you this year?
    I want to do the higher maths next term

Ha, Chet, you've a new friend!! :)

Best of luck to ya all doing exams.... Finished mine today. Whooo whooo!!

I thought we didn't get our results till we starting back in January? I can't remember.

You're right, it was when we got back. I remember now. They told us in class

Do the higher maths, its more useful in any further science course than the biology.

Yep am going to do the higher maths :)
    Ah so its when we get back,I'll need to stick some results on my CAO application
    I suppose,must be a cheapo and send it in before Jan the 20th get a tenner off!
    Well happy xmas to yous!!

That's the one thing about the course. The Biology has not really helped me at all on my course now. Only subject that didn't stand to me. Luckily I did Biology in Leaving Cert.

I'm going to bed to die now....... :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement