Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access course lecture in UCD

Options
  • 25-08-2009 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone

I'm going to this on Monday, I hope to get in to eventually do Science.

The invitation stated it was a lecture and then we will be writing a summary which will be the basis of being asked back for an interview in September.

Is there anyway to prepare for this? Is it ok to takes notes during the lecture.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hiya,

Did this course last year.

You go to the lecture, take notes during and then are given a certain amount of time afterwards to regurgitate what the professor spoke about.

Last year Proff. Harmey gave the talk on DNA fingerprinting and I hadn't a notion what he was going on about but I just wrote down everything he said and tried to rewrite it into something legible. There's no real way to prepare. Just have your ears cleaned out! :D

Make sure to be early to get a decent seat upfront. Last year there were about double the amount of applicants for places going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I'll make sure I get there early, I wonder how many applicants there will be.

Just looking at the online map now. The lecture is in Lecture Theatre A, is this the one in the Newman building and where on the map would this be?

Just don't want to end up lost in UCD!

Newman Building is number 14 on the UCD map I'm looking at. That's the Arts Building. Are you sure it's not on in the Science Hub? That's where the lecture was last year.

It says Science Hub on the letter, I just got the Newman building when I googled UCD and lecture theatre A.

• Advertisement

Well then! It'll be in the Science Hub, upstairs. Science Hub is 23 on the map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

Hey,
    I will be going to the science access lecture in the science hub also,but its tomorrow night at 6:30pm,there must be a load of people applying if there is a lecture next monday too!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 katox

Hey:D

Im also heading to this tommrow evening, cant believe there is 2 lectures , like you said 'Tir Na Nog' ,must be heaps of people!!! well good luck to everybody:)

katox wrote: »
    Hey:D

Im also heading to this tommrow evening, cant believe there is 2 lectures , like you said 'Tir Na Nog' ,must be heaps of people!!! well good luck to everybody:)

Thanks,Good luck to you also!

wow, two lectures?? Thomond must be extremely busy this year, bless her!

• Advertisement

I'm going to this on Monday,

Whoops!

My mistake, I was thinking of something else I have on Monday when typing that part.

Easy peezy lemon squeezy!

Who gave the lecture? How many attended? Just curious. :)

Larianne wrote: »
    Who gave the lecture? How many attended? Just curious. :)

Hey,its was that crazy little harmey professer guy you told me about,and the kind thomond lady also,There was a good few people I'd say about 50-60 I didnt really take that much notice of how many people,
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Thomond is really nice alright.

You we all be glad to hear you have the 2 biggest nerds from last years course in this thread!

Hey all!

Thought the lecture was alright, got a little lost at times on the whole 'photo chemistry' thingy but think it went well!:o
    Thommond seems very nice too, and Mat the professer seemed pretty easy goin:p
    Can anyone remember when Thommond said she would contact us to let us know if we get to interview or not??
    Fingers crossed to everyone:):D

Hey all!

Thought the lecture was alright, got a little lost at times on the whole 'photo chemistry' thingy but think it went well!:o
    Thommond seems very nice too, and Mat the professer seemed pretty easy goin:p
    Can anyone remember when Thommond said she would contact us to let us know if we get to interview or not??
    Fingers crossed to everyone:):D

Hi ,I thought she said something about friday to me when I was going home,But at the start of the lecture I remember her saying If people dont hear anything by next week,,,,,I didnt hear anything yet

Yeah I was thinkin she said that alright!! thats why I was checkin this forum to check if anybody got an word:o Im still waiting.......:eek: :)

Yeah I was thinkin she said that alright!! thats why I was checkin this forum to check if anybody got an word:o Im still waiting.......:eek: :)

Let us know if you do,and I'll do the same :)
    Good luck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dr deadly

Also went to lecture on monday night thought it was straightforward
    have heard nothing back yet

• Advertisement

Still waiting too!

I enjoyed the lecture, it was nice to be back in that kind of enviroment.

Do they send out letters in the post or email?

Still waiting too!

I enjoyed the lecture, it was nice to be back in that kind of enviroment.

Do they send out letters in the post or email?
    I think thomond will phone the successful people for the interview stage,I dont really know its giving me a headache all this waiting around

ta me ag dul go dti an UCD!!!!!!!!

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    ta me ag dul go dti an UCD!!!!!!!!

Hey! You Got it???????? :D anybody else any word?? I haven heard nothing yet..still hoping..:o

Hey! You Got it???????? :D anybody else any word?? I haven heard nothing yet..still hoping..:o

Not yet!!Just trying to enforce the law of attraction!!!!!!:D

Ah ya fecker!!! ya had me worried!:) well I still am , as I havnt heard anything today...:confused: but i like all this Law of attraction thing,

I am so excited about going to ucd..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dr deadly

i have still heard nothing either so still hoping too :cool:

Ah ya fecker!!! ya had me worried!:) well I still am , as I havnt heard anything today...:confused: but i like all this Law of attraction thing,

I am so excited about going to ucd..:rolleyes:

:D Yeah me too,Lets hope we hear some good news monday!!!!! doubt it if they will be contacting people tomorrow,,

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    Not yet!!Just trying to enforce the law of attraction!!!!!!:D

You had me worried there!

• Advertisement

You had me worried there!

Actually I am worried now,the more I think of it the more its making me annoyed,what did thomond mean if we dont hear by next week?monday will be 'next week',and I thought she said something like she will be contacting people firday when I was going,maybe she said they will be reading the essays friday?

Advertisement