Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access course lecture in UCD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Last year it was 4 or 5 days before the successful people were contacted. Our lecture was on a thursday so pretty much the same circumstances.

I wouldn't be worrying just yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Last year it was 4 or 5 days before the successful people were contacted. Our lecture was on a thursday so pretty much the same circumstances.

I wouldn't be worrying just yet :)

Oh I see,Thanks
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

This may seem a bit daft but were we allowed to use the notes we took down during the lecture for the summary?

This may seem a bit daft but were we allowed to use the notes we took down during the lecture for the summary?

Yep...fair play if you didn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 katox

Thanks "Chet T16" for the glimmer of hope that we might just still get a call on next week! Its made my day better!:D
    Does anyone have a 'plan b' just incase we dont get it?? Any heads up on any other courses available?:P

• Advertisement

katox wrote: »
    Thanks "Chet T16" for the glimmer of hope that we might just still get a call on next week! Its made my day better!:D
    Does anyone have a 'plan b' just incase we dont get it?? Any heads up on any other courses available?:P

Pre university science in Colaiste Dhulaigh its full time,But I cant do it because I have a fetac qualification and wont get any grant/vtos money,so I NEED this UCD access please god.

I didn't get onto the access course at first so always remain hopeful!

Hey:D got called for interview:) its tommrow :):D

Me Too! 12 oclock
    nintendo-mario-728-75.jpg

Good stuff!

The interview is more to make sure the course suits you rather than the other way round so its more than likely you both have a place.

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

Congrats to both of yis!! :D

Thanks 'on tour':D
    Thanks also for that info too 'Chet T16' ,;)
    CONGRATS to Tir Na Nog :):D
    I think she said the interviews were in the liabrary somewhere..:confused: Thomond gave me 2.50pm interview, as Il be travelling from carlow:)
    MAN Im sooo over the moon :P

:D
    Thanks 'on tour':D
    Thanks also for that info too 'Chet T16' ,;)
    CONGRATS to Tir Na Nog :):D
    I think she said the interviews were in the liabrary somewhere..:confused: Thomond gave me 2.50pm interview, as Il be travelling from carlow:)
    MAN Im sooo over the moon :P

congratulations to you too!!!
    See I told you about the law of attraction didnt I :D

I got an interview too!

What kind of questions are asked?

If you're facing the main library/911 cafe there is a door to the left of the cafe, go in there and up the stairs and you'll see the adult ed reception, thats where Thomonds office is.

As i didn't get in on the first "round" last year i didn't have a proper interview, most people had Thomond and Matt there whereas i just had Thomond. As i said above the interview was more to make sure the course suited me and that the times were ok.

No unusual questions, interests work etc. Make sure you know where you'd like to go after the course, for me it was my way into an engineering degree but there was a wide range of interests on the course rather than people wanting the guaranteed places next year

I got an interview too!

What kind of questions are asked?

I have a feeling they will ask us to name all the elements in the periodic table,Ouch I slept on my neck weird and have a creaky neck.

Well its all done and dusted now I have me place :D

Nice one! How was the interview?

Is it too soon to try sell you my books from last year? :D

Hey :D

Yeah interview went great, I got asked : what books do I read,what do I hope to do in the future, things like that! Got the hand out thingy too with the course timetable on it, Going to root around in the attic to see if I can find any of the books mentioned on it!:rolleyes:
    Hey I look forward to meeting my new class mates!:D;)
    Very excitied about starting:D

Mine went good too! got asked the same questions ,I dont think I will need to buy any books as I have got some on chemistry,physics,biology etc,glad to hear it went well too!!!!
    oh yeah I got the timetable also I wonder when we get our photo ID's/student cards

• Advertisement

I'll have to come sneak in the back of the class this year :D

I got a place!

I got a place!
    Congrats !!!!!

Thats great , well done :)

Got a letter from UCD in the post with a enrolment / reciept for the course fee during the week. Do we pay this on our first day or send it in the post??
    Yeah wonder when we get our cards , prob when we just start:D How exciting:rolleyes::cool:

Got a letter from UCD in the post with a enrolment / reciept for the course fee during the week. Do we pay this on our first day or send it in the post??
    Yeah wonder when we get our cards , prob when we just start:D How exciting:rolleyes::cool:
    I think we have to pay before our start date(can pay half now and half after xmas),I think I will drop in to ucd in person before then and pay,it would be better for you to pay by postal order,Yeah we will probably get our cards in the first week or so,I wonder if all our lectures are in the science hub and I wonder if we get a tour around the campus its rather big!I wonder lots I'm excited too :PI'm going buy a UCD hoodie top also and jog around every where with it:D:D

Have you got class times yet? I'll be up there everyday anyway so we should meet up and have a chat

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doly

Hi,
    Last year we could collect our cards once we had receipt of payment of Access fees and were encouraged to do so sooner rather than later as the cards were needed for library tour and other things. The queues should hopefully be a lot shorter from 14th and the card issuing place is open until 25th. Good luck. I really enjoyed last year and can't wait to start course on Monday.

Cool,you can give us a guided tour and greet us with gifts:)

Have you got class times yet? I'll be up there everyday anyway so we should meet up and have a chat

That's a great idea

We should have a get together for all the mature students, something informal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Nice one! How was the interview?

Is it too soon to try sell you my books from last year? :D

Ooh good idea!!

My advice on books for the course - don't get the physics or chemistry book on the list (although Shea might have changed the chemistry book). Get Shea Mullally's Chemistry Now book and any leaving certificate book for the others, oh except Biology as it goes into more detail than L.C. books.

Oh don't meet with him people. He's an uber nerd. :) Ah if there's anyone who will help you out it's Chet. I would meet yas all but I've gone over to the dark side - Trinity. :pac:

Take full advantage of the Maths Support Centre too if you need it.

Advertisement