Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Crosswalk wrote: »
    If you have a lecturer who is just plain terrible and the majority of the class think so is there actually anything you can do about it? I've just stopped going to lectures and started reading the recommended books for the hour I should be listening to him fumble over his lecture notes so I'm not too bothered about it but I was just interested to know if there actually is a procedure you can go through?

History Department?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

History Department?

Yup. It's an optional module that sounded great until the lecturer ruined it. :( I'm just glad it's mainly cultural history so it's not too difficult to just learn myself.

Yup. It's an optional module that sounded great until the lecturer ruined it. :( I'm just glad it's mainly cultural history so it's not too difficult to just learn myself.

Initials?

Initials?

He hasn't actually told us his name yet! Although judging from the Book of Modules it's HM. :)

He hasn't actually told us his name yet! Although judging from the Book of Modules it's HM. :)

Aha I have him I'm sure. Strange accent aye?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 titi

hi everybody!!

I'm an international student in NUI maynooth and our international society is organizing a trip to Cork at the end of the month. I was just wondering if you guys could tell me how is the nightlife over there? do you know any good student pubs/clubs??? how is the dubstep scene in Cork ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

titi wrote: »
    hi everybody!!

I'm an international student in NUI maynooth and our international society is organizing a trip to Cork at the end of the month. I was just wondering if you guys could tell me how is the nightlife over there? do you know any good student pubs/clubs??? how is the dubstep scene in Cork ? :)

You'll probably get conflicting reports on what the best club in Cork is. As a general rule though, stay away from Mangans!

At a guess, I'd say Liquid Lounge would be most like what you're looking for: http://www.liquidlounge.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

titi wrote: »
    hi everybody!!

There's a few dubstep gigs a month. Usually in the Pavillion or Cyprus Avenue.

Aha I have him I'm sure. Strange accent aye?

That's the one. He lectured in one of our core modules today and people were walking out of the lecture hall about 20 minutes into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 titi

thx guys :)

• Advertisement

That's the one. He lectured in one of our core modules today and people were walking out of the lecture hall about 20 minutes into it.

Shame. As regards to your question I don't think there's anything you can do about it. Only way is to give a bad review when that evaluation sheet is passed around at the end of term. Think you'll just have to grin and bear it for now which you shouldn't have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Any repersentative of Civil Engineering wanna tell me why there are so many of ye using the computers in the Electrical Engineering building?

UCC Express, personally is getting poorer and poorer, and finding so many holes in the paper, articles-wise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

UCC Express, personally is getting poorer and poorer, and finding so many holes in the paper, articles-wise.

Yes it's getting a bit ridiculous.

newspaper_headline_2_soggy_holes_20100330_2065487289.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Anybody know whats happening with the Mardyke. Are the changing rooms permanently moved to the back or are the current ones being renovated. It looked like they were plastering off the the doorways of current ones today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Does anyone know anything about the UCC boxing club. Saw The Fighter recently, and im feeling a little inspired :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cillerz

Does anyone know anything about the UCC boxing club. Saw The Fighter recently, and im feeling a little inspired :P

The UCC boxing club is a fine ole thing. Trainings on Monday from 6 to half 7 and Wednesdays at 5 to half 6. Great for the fitness- they really push you. No sparring until atleast four weeks trainer told me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

Anyone on this from the handball club? Was wondering about joining but it seems like theres no training at the moment according to the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone have a list of the winners from the societies guild stars awards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

deisedude wrote: »
    Anyone have a list of the winners from the societies guild stars awards?

I'd like to know aswell.

Have a look at the campaign video for Richard Sheehy running for Ents.
    Quality
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1888477937360&comments

Btw, can you embed facebook videos on forums?

• Advertisement

Well done to the UCC footballers on beating UUJ to win the Sigerson. Our first Sigerson win in 16 years!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I watched most of the game, and tbh I thought they'd end up regretting those dreadful wides kicked - were lucky not to. Great win considering their captain Adrian Greaney broke his leg yesterday and couldn't play - big motivational factor!

I watched most of the game, and tbh I thought they'd end up regretting those dreadful wides kicked - were lucky not to. Great win considering their captain Adrian Greaney broke his leg yesterday and couldn't play - big motivational factor!

I think Johnny Buckley was supposed to be injured too and thats why he only came on as a sub. Poor game to be fair but we are the champions so who cares!:D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I think Johnny Buckley was supposed to be injured too and thats why he only came on as a sub. Poor game to be fair but we are the champions so who cares!:D

Buckley was injured in the semi but was fit enough to come on in the final, he was the vice captain iirc

Do people care less about the SU elections this year? Absolutely no discussion here about it

Do people care less about the SU elections this year? Absolutely no discussion here about it

Agreed. There's been little talk and did campaigns only start today? I know nothing of the elections and their manifestos. Won't be voting in that but will vote in the referenda.

Agreed. There's been little talk and did campaigns only start today? I know nothing of the elections and their manifestos. Won't be voting in that but will vote in the referenda.

As far as i know they have enforced a spending limit this year on elections and they were only allowed start flyering from today due to these new rules.

Actual % of people voting is very small anyway - same crap from them, different year - promising the "moon", but at the end not getting it!

As far as i know they have enforced a spending limit this year on elections and they were only allowed start flyering from today due to these new rules.

That would explain. It may hit the turnout vote though. I remember the last few years the candidates would come into lecture halls and make their pitches, that helped influence people. That being said, I avoided them this time outside of the library.
    Actual % of people voting is very small anyway - same crap from them, different year - promising the "moon", but at the end not getting it!

And you voted in the general election this year right? ;)

• Advertisement

And you voted in the general election this year right? ;)

I was referring to UCC elections! :p

Advertisement