Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

No more than 30 minutes of snow yesterday, thawed fairly quick, footpaths a bit slippy in places but we seem to have been relatively sheltered from the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

How has UCC and Cork City been affected by the recent weather? I've been away from the county for this week.
    What could be more important than attending one's classes at this fine University?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Parsley wrote: »
    To the wankstain that stole my good hoodie and jacket from my locker in the kane while i was in labs: if i find you, i will beat you to a pulp with my bare hands. :mad::mad::mad:
    CCTV footage maybe? There might be a camera near the locker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

grenache wrote: »
    What could be more important than attending one's classes at this fine University?!!

Sampling the finest the HSE has to offer.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Whoo 10am lecture cancelled 2moro! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

The lecturer never showed up to my 11.00 one. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Crosswalk wrote: »
    The lecturer never showed up to my 11.00 one. :(

Tracy Skillington? She sent an email last night saying the lecture was cancelled. Luckily I saw it this morning!

Could be 2nd year History Byron. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Damn first years stealing our venue for our class party :mad:

Anyone else get an email this morning from "<snip>"? Seems to be another one of those wierd emails that we got last year, just going on about how corrupt the staff of UCC are and then something about being out in a phychiatric unit and being given brian damaging drugs.

This was sent to me personally, I hope I wasn't the only one who it was sent to. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

you're not the only one, it went out to lots of people again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I got it also. Havent read through it yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I got it as well.

Delighted because I didn't get the last crazy one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

I got it too.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Got it as well

At least i'm not tghe only one. There seems to be a load more people after getting it this time compared to the last time just from talking to people in my class.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

So CIT is closing at 1 toaday, whats the craic with UCC are we staying open? A woman working in the shop on campus, seemed to be waiting for an announcement to say we are closing...

I'm waiting for an announcement as well. I have a Maths test at 3, and city buses aren't going up my way at the moment.

I'd walk in if I have to, but haven't a clue what the footpaths/Roads are like from Mayfield to UCC.

Got it, didn't read over it. What an idiot.

Cian92 wrote: »
    So CIT is closing at 1 toaday, whats the craic with UCC are we staying open? A woman working in the shop on campus, seemed to be waiting for an announcement to say we are closing...

We got an email cancelling all our course lectures

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 UCC Philosoph

The semester is coming to an end and so the Philosoph are heading to the Freemasons Lodge on Tuckey Street this Friday December 10th. The action kicks off at 19.30 but we are meeting at the Student Center at 18.45 to stroll down if you wish to join us. Otherwise meet us at the Lodge.

There will be tea and coffee on arrival followed by an address by former Supreme Court Justice and current President of the Law Reform Commission Catherine McGuiness. Mrs McGuinness is going to chair the meeting and be on the judging panel for the subsequent competitive debate. The motion That This House Would Allow Citizens erase some or all of their memories assuming it were possible and there were no ill effects will be debated by the top eight debaters in UCC for the title "Mace Bearer" (The Society owns an ancient mace which is awarded to the winners).

Heading to An Spailpin Fanach afterwards! Hope you can join us!

Looks like the UCC website got a revamp, looking well. :D

Larkin91 wrote: »

About time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

It sure looks nice... And just flicking through it quickly, it doesn't seem quite as cryptic and maze-like as before...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Anyway, I'm probably going to go back to uni to do a new course for 2011/12 - however I should really repeat honours Maths in the leaving next June. Anyone know when a mature student must apply to do the leaving cert and how they go about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Larkin91 wrote: »

I remember the day it was released and one of my lecturers(for CS) went through it ripping it apart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Piece about <snip> in todays examiner just to let ye know.

Piece about Padraig Hogan in todays examiner just to let ye know.

Must only be a small piece, can't find it on the net

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I have an unneeded bus ticket from Cork to Galway with Citylink leaving at 11am on the 22nd if anyone wants it. I bought it for a euro so will happily let it go for free. I'd imagine it'd do for any of the stops along the way, though I've only ever taken the bus point-to-point. But you could probably just use it to get to Mallow if you wanted!

If it's of any use to anyone, PM me and I'll forward the booking confirmation. I just hate buying €1 tickets and then not using them because it ultimately deprives someone else of a cheap ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

Does anyone know how to cite a quotation from a book that was taken from a website rather than the actual book? I don't have the History departmental handbook to hand and Google brought up nothing. :(

Advertisement