Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

I was generally an asshole this week with the flyer people, just ignoring them or grunting some gibberish as they made the attempt to give me one. One who those people was probably your housemate Crosswalk.

She didn't mention anything about it anyway! She could be secretly plotting to track you down and flyer you to death though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Just managed the two and a sh!t keyfob thing. Quite good although the real test is election week!

I managed last year! I nearly didn't though, some girl was about to hand me one for Keith O'Brien then she asked if I was going to vote for him and I said "Eh, probably not..." so I didn't get a flyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Supposedly last year 97% of people failed the Java module of CS, I can't understand how the lecturer can still be teaching if this is true?

I'm actually already not looking forward to second year due to the fact the module( Java ) that everyone supposedly failed( except a few ) is linked with so many other modules during the year. Does any one know if this is true for last years computer Science 2nd years?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Supposedly last year 97% of people failed the Java module of CS, I can't understand how the lecturer can still be teaching if this is true?

I'm actually already not looking forward to second year due to the fact the module( Java ) that everyone supposedly failed( except a few ) is linked with so many other modules during the year. Does any one know if this is true for last years computer Science 2nd years?

The only advice I can give you regarding java is this:

Look up past exam papers and learn off the java code answers to these questions.

God I hated java :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

There was one flyer that I wish I got though which my friend got. It was vouchers for by a pint get one free in Freds and the Francisican Well.

My friend got a few sheets worth of those vouchers. Friday night ended up being quite splendid as a result! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ricky91t wrote: »

I've heard that 2nd year computer science is horrible. I know a good few people who did CS and they all said 2nd year was by far their toughest year.

The upside to all this is that if you get past this year you basically have your degree sewn up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Jaysus. I got an email there from my main lecturer requesting that I go to his office and explain my absence last week >< I was sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

2000th post! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

So I'm supposed to be dropping off this thesis thing tomorrow, where exactly does one drop in this minor masters? e.g. which room/building?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Upstairs in The West Wing? There's a place there for Thesis submissions so I'd imagine it would be there.

• Advertisement

Ask in Perrot Avenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Jay P wrote: »
    Upstairs in The West Wing? There's a place there for Thesis submissions so I'd imagine it would be there.

Cheers, that was the first place I was going to drop into. Any idea as to when they close?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

eeek, I have an interview for my work placement tomorrow and I am kind of dreading it. It is going to be more of a technical interview than a personality based interview so I'm now trying to scrape together bits and pieces of electronics from the past two years. Being on Boards now really isn't helping me study...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

After two years of not going to lectures, a couple of exams, and almost as many repeats. Its tough settling back in :o

What the hell course are you doing!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Quick question. None of my subjects are showing up on blackboard and i'm just wondering if this is possibly because I haven't paid my capitation fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭deisedude

Byron85 wrote: »
    Quick question. None of my subjects are showing up on blackboard and i'm just wondering if this is possibly because I haven't paid my capitation fee?

Yes, they don't appear until after you have paid

What the hell course are you doing!?

BIS. Im in first year though. I spent two years at first year commerce and french :P :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Strange feeling at the moment, sitting on the top floor of the library listening to a vinyl I bought while using my netbook :p

Nice mixture of old and new I think!

Redisle wrote: »
    Strange feeling at the moment, sitting on the top floor of the library listening to a vinyl I bought while using my netbook :p

Nice mixture of old and new I think!

The top floor of the Boole has a vinyl player? :eek:

• Advertisement

BIS. Im in first year though. I spent two years at first year commerce and french :P :(

You're not making things any easier for yourself there!! Best of luck though!

The top floor of the Boole has a vinyl player? :eek:

Yup. 2 cubicles with vinyl players in the same place as the large tv's etc.

Apparently the library has a huge vinyl catalog too, but they have to obtained at the desk of q+3 rather than manually browsed.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Redisle wrote: »
    Yup. 2 cubicles with vinyl players in the same place as the large tv's etc.

Apparently the library has a huge vinyl catalog too, but they have to obtained at the desk of q+3 rather than manually browsed.

Large tv's?? Where abouts on Q+3 is that? Never saw it, but then again, I've never gone exploring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Large tv's?? Where abouts on Q+3 is that? Never saw it, but then again, I've never gone exploring!

Head down towards the back door of the what i like to call the laptop study room(i.e the large study area in new extension part). There is a section there with quite large screens for watching vids etc and at the front is two vinyl players.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Head down towards the back door of the what i like to call the laptop study room(i.e the large study area in new extension part). There is a section there with quite large screens for watching vids etc and at the front is two vinyl players.

Must do that tomorrow if I'm in the library!

PaulieC wrote: »
    You're not making things any easier for yourself there!! Best of luck though!

I know people in every stage of the course i.e 2nd, 3rd 4th and a masters, so i think im prepared.... i hope :P

I know people in every stage of the course i.e 2nd, 3rd 4th and a masters, so i think im prepared.... i hope :P

Yeah stockpile their projects & notes to reference - first years grand, second year's a bítch due to java and managemet accounting, then 3rd year you've placemet so everything feels really rushed and the years over before you know it.

I'm not trying to scare you off or anything but it's a tough course so get all the help you can get!!

That dosen't make sense!

Easiest way to get there is to take the main stairs to the top floor then take the door to your left as your standing on top of the stairs. Go immediately left once inside and straight down to the back. Then look right! There's also some shelves there with dvd's and blu rays. Some of the cubicles have blu ray players, dvd players etc, some have computers hooked up to ~26" screens.

Are those cubicles usually really busy or dead?

Not mant seem to know about them

• Advertisement

Alright, I have my experience sorted for next year :D. It'll be nice to have something to do during the summer for once.

Advertisement