Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Said in the Echo last night that Argos will be taking on 700 temp staff for christmas... just thought everyone should know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I intensely dislike the civil engineering building. It smells like a hospital and the seats are brutal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I was forced to do a roleplay or how proteins are inserted into the membranes during our class in the civ eng building today....i was the ribosome....the building only holds bad and embarrassing memories for me now!! Also the fact that my friend who is in the lecture before ours was watchin me do it just makes it all the worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

This is going to come across as the stupidest question anyone doing a thessis has ever asked, but, this double spacing thing, is it double spaces between words or between lines or between both?

So is it this...
    fglkfdjgdklgjkofdkjldfgjfdjklfjdkljglkfjglkdfjklgjfgkljfdgkjfdgklfdjgkfdjgfdkg

jgdkjfkljgklfjgklfdjklgfdjgklfjgkfljgfklgjfgklfdjgfklgjfdklgfjgklfjgfklgjfgkljfgklfjgklfdjgf

fgjklfjdjgklfgjdklgjfdklgjfdklgjdfklgjfdkgljfklgjfdklgjfklgjfkgjfgkljfkgljfgkljfgkljfklgfjgk

or double spaces between words...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Orizio wrote: »
    This is going to come across as the stupidest question anyone doing a thessis has ever asked, but, this double spacing thing, is it double spaces between words or between lines or between both?

So is it this...

or double spaces between words...?

Between lines.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Double spacing is a trick used to make something seem twice as long as it actually is.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Double spacing is a trick used to make something seem twice as long as it actually is.

Doesn't work for me, because all my assignments require word count to be printed on the cover page!

Don't think so. Lecturers like to use it so it makes corrections and some cases, reading easier.

And yes, word counts are asked all the time from me. (Hist. Dept.)

...how long is this taught thesis thing supposed to be again? No more then 20k, or more then 20k?

And this page numbering thing, can I just write, in pencil, the page number at the bottom of the page? Or those it have to be printed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭deisedude

...how long is this taught thesis thing supposed to be again? No more then 20k, or more then 20k?

And this page numbering thing, can I just write, in pencil, the page number at the bottom of the page? Or those it have to be printed?

It would look fair amateurish to write it in pencil

• Advertisement

deisedude wrote: »
    It would look fair amateurish to write it in pencil

Yeah, but as far as I can tell OpenOffice doesn't do numbering at the bottom right in the middle as UCC specify. Irratating pedantic ****e really.

Also, where do I bring this 'thesis' to. The West Wing somewhere...? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Yeah, but as far as I can tell OpenOffice doesn't do numbering at the bottom right in the middle as UCC specify. Irratating pedantic ****e really.

Open Office does do page numbers, you have to add a footer and then there should be one of those floating menu things when you are in the footer where one of the options is to add page numbers. But, yeah, I have a deep hatred for open office after trying to write a couple of reports with it at this stage. I find Office 2007 is just as messy, in some regrads as well.

Rebel Girl, any idea as to when UCC are playing Sigerson/Fitz games?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Rebel Girl, any idea as to when UCC are playing Sigerson/Fitz games?

No idea at the moment, I do know that the camogie Senior B are playing tomorrow in the Mardyke at 4, if thats ant good :D

Fcuking miserable day today with the weather. Bast*rd leaves too!

Fcuking miserable day today with the weather. Bast*rd leaves too!

an absolute load of them by the library as well, cutbacks in the maintenance I'd say with the amount down there, pretty dangerous as well!

No idea at the moment, I do know that the camogie Senior B are playing tomorrow in the Mardyke at 4, if thats ant good :D

Oh holy **** Camogie Senior B?!? And you are only telling me now?!?

Oh holy **** Camogie Senior B?!? And you are only telling me now?!?

:D:D

Yeah, kinda forgot to tell ya about their match in Tralee the other night as well, whoops :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

So, what's everyone up to for halloween? I'm off to a fancy dress gig tonight :D, but have to study for a test on Monday morning tomorrow :(.

Applying for jobs now, so many closing dates coming up:( On the lash tomorrow wherever the wind takes me:D

Just thought i'd mention for one of my classes every group was given a fiver and told turn it into as much profit as possible in a week with the money going to charity. So my shameless plug is for my groups keepy uppy competition on Monday between 2 and 6 in the amphitheatre! €1 for one attempt, €2 for 3 attempts. Come check it out:o

• Advertisement

Eh, since when did the library close at 12.45 on a Saturday??

Maybe its because of Halloween?

Maybe its because of Halloween?

Yeah, just checked next week's times and it was only this Saturday

Thats a relief, if they were the hours for every saturday, it would be pretty crap!

Any UCC folk travel to Dublin for protests today?

Turned out to be just a rumour!!

Eh rumours that el presidente got arrested.....not trying to stir the pot but its just what i heard.....could be 100% wrong.

His email says otherwise

deisedude wrote: »
    His email says otherwise

Thats good to hear!

That's a horrible rumour to spread.

• Advertisement

That's a horrible rumour to spread.

Id say there was a bit of malice in it alright.

Advertisement