Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

UnionOfV wrote: »
    http://www.ucc.ie/en/sit/laptop/

All you need to know is there :)

To be honest most of the laptops you can get a discount on are pretty crap and with a bit of online searching and keeping and eye on the bargain alerts forum here you'd get a much better laptop for a better price. Dont know a huge amount about computers but when i checked out the ones available through UCC there was much better quality available elsewhere .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Hah! i got a 404 on one of the suppliers sites! All of those laptops do seem pretty rubbish. I'm looking at better ones online right now that work out alot cheaper. Cheers for the link anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

If you think you want an Apple laptop then there'll be Apple student reps on campus during the week (and they were around most weeks if last year is anything to go by.) The only things that'd draw me to one is A) I've never had a Mac, and nerd completism is starting to get to me B) I'd only use it for web browsing and watching videos and most importantly C) You can get a free iPod Touch with them.

I also checked out the Dell offers. Their website doesn't work, but if you ring them they'll make an offer to you directly. It might be worth giving them a call if they have anything you want.

All in all, I don't think that SIT website has been updated in two years.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Just worked out my timetable, and because of maths modules I've picked, I might have a practical at 6pm on Monday, if not I'll have it off, and I have Tuesday off, so three day college week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

How long does it take to have a thesis binded?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

So... did anyone else sign up for that Philosophy of Science module? It looks really interesting I have to say...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

So... did anyone else sign up for that Philosophy of Science module? It looks really interesting I have to say...

Yeah I signed up for it, looks really interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Just signed up for it there now. Hopefully i'll get a place in the module!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

On the registration form where it says to put down what course you're doing I put down "First Arts". Will that be ok? The example given for it was "Law 2, BCom 4". I'm kind of confused... I doubt it will make much difference though?

(gawwd, I iz such a Fresher n00b lololol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

On the registration form where it says to put down what course you're doing I put down "First Arts". Will that be ok? The example given for it was "Law 2, BCom 4". I'm kind of confused... I doubt it will make much difference though?

(gawwd, I iz such a Fresher n00b lololol)

Yeah that should be fine. I just put down Arts Year 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Orizio wrote: »
    How long does it take to have a thesis binded?

Takes about 2 days, a day if you get somewhere early I think... The next two weeks are the busiest times for them, so I'd advise to try book in somewhere asap!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Not doing it, but I did start smiling when I saw who was co-ordinating it :D

Takes about 2 days, a day if you get somewhere early I think... The next two weeks are the busiest times for them, so I'd advise to try book in somewhere asap!

'Book in'...? Am I expected to call some establishment and book a time...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Philosophy of Science module looks interesting, but being final year and all, I should probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

'Book in'...? Am I expected to call some establishment and book a time...?

I'm not sure if they have that system everywhere, but I think everyone in my MA class put their name down on a list in the past 2 weeks to get theirs printed next week. I've my name down for that place next to Soho.

So, I have a 20k word thesis due in 12 days time and I have written a tenth of it, or almost. Anyone want to give me odds that I'll get it done in time? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭flynny51

So, I have a 20k word thesis due in 12 days time and I have written a tenth of it, or almost. Anyone want to give me odds that I'll get it done in time? :D

Thank god i'm not the only one. Double spacing ftw.

flynny51 wrote: »
    Double spacing ftw.

For the win...? Why the excitement for double spacing? Am I missing something? Can I do less work then I have to?!? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Assuming the double spacing makes the paper seem more 'full' than it actually is.

Assuming the double spacing makes the paper seem more 'full' than it actually is.

Oh. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

This was the funny I was talking about today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs

At the Red House...
    Where black people and white people buy furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭deisedude

Buceph wrote: »
    This was the funny I was talking about today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs

At the Red House...
    Where black people and white people buy furniture.

Oh dear God, the awkward hugs were my favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Alright, managed to get through the whole week without getting any kind of a flyer. That must be some kind of achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

Alright, managed to get through the whole week without getting any kind of a flyer. That must be some kind of achievement.

It really is. My housemate was flyering for Freakscene and so there's about 100 flyers on the table in front of me. Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with them? Papier mache Cthulhu? :p

Crosswalk wrote: »
    It really is. My housemate was flyering for Freakscene and so there's about 100 flyers on the table in front of me. Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with them? Papier mache Cthulhu? :p

Well if you run out of bogroll:D

Just managed the two and a sh!t keyfob thing. Quite good although the real test is election week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

There was one flyer that I wish I got though which my friend got. It was vouchers for by a pint get one free in Freds and the Francisican Well. But, I was generally an asshole this week with the flyer people, just ignoring them or grunting some gibberish as they made the attempt to give me one. One who those people was probably your housemate Crosswalk.

There was one flyer that I wish I got though which my friend got. It was vouchers for by a pint get one free in Freds and the Francisican Well. But, I was generally an asshole this week with the flyer people, just ignoring them or grunting some gibberish as they made the attempt to give me one. One who those people was probably your housemate Crosswalk.

"Hey Crosswalk, some bearded bastard grunted at me today and wouldn't take my flyer!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i wish i got the franciscan well ones too. i just got a oad of ones for **** nightclubs and bank accounts :(

• Advertisement

Anyone get the oxygen website goodiebag the other day? Loads of free chocolate and biscuits and voucher for bottle of bulmers pear in the bailey or the wash.

Advertisement