Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

A friend of mine was talking about this at the weekend...just watch it. Made by a Sociology student in UCC apparently. :p

Dayycent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Anyone know whose bright idea it was to put the booklet about the Lisbon treaty booklet in the issues of The Express??? It was a rather disingenuous act at trying to politicise a rather innocuous publication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Anyone know whose bright idea it was to put the booklet about the Lisbon treaty booklet in the issues of The Express??? It was a rather disingenuous act at trying to politicise a rather innocuous publication.

Well if it enlightens people than surely its a worthwhile thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

have you seen the boole lol there everywhere down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The express is a pile of ****e anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Couldn't care less about it tbh; I was a hell of a lot more pissed off about that obnoxious full page ad of bull**** against embryonic stem cell research by some "family & life" group. :mad::mad:

Well if it enlightens people than surely its a worthwhile thing?

Then it should have been countered with a leaflet or booklet regarding the No vote campaign. Both sides are scaremongering. There should be at least an equal amount of scare scaremongering.

Couldn't care less about it tbh; I was a hell of a lot more pissed off about that obnoxious full page ad of bull**** against embryonic stem cell research by some "family & life" group. :mad::mad:

I noticed that too. What the hell. Idiots are running the express it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Yeah I was thinking that, I skipped over it.

Didn't see any Lisbon thing in mine, I think it slipped out.

Express has gotten too serious since last year imo. All there is in the first few pages is the Lisbon Treaty, recession etc, only bits and pieces of good stuff.

Then it should have been countered with a leaflet or booklet regarding the No vote campaign. Both sides are scaremongering. There should be at least an equal amount of scare scaremongering.

Was it a yes booklet or the Referendum Commission's booklet? Coz the latter is totally impartial while the former would be a tad unfair alright. In fairness, inside the Express they have a good mix of both arguments, Mark Khan's article in particular was excellent (even though I'm a Yes man!)
    I noticed that too. What the hell. Idiots are running the express it seems.

+1

I think it was the SU's job for advertising so a **** up on their part :mad:

+1

I think it was the SU's job for advertising so a **** up on their part :mad:

I assume it costs money to print those ads?

• Advertisement

Yup it does, but as evidenced by Coir, these groups seem to have limitless amounts of money. Obviously the SU valued money more than the truth :(

Yes of course. But a full page ad? That's even more expensive.

Maybe we should all chip in to pay for the same size of ad that simply says "**** off Coir"??

I smell a huge debate coming along!

Maybe we should all chip in to pay for the same size of ad that simply says "**** off Coir"??

I'd gladly donate to that, and a similar one for Youth Defence; they're bound to pop up at some point again.

However other than that the Express was pretty good this week. I got to see my name in print, which was exciting for me! :D (see the interview with The Idle Hour in the Ents section)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I'd gladly donate to that, and a similar one for Youth Defence; they're bound to pop up at some point again.

However other than that the Express was pretty good this week. I got to see my name in print, which was exciting for me! :D (see the interview with The Idle Hour in the Ents section)

Reminds me of that Alanis Morrisette song.... oh what's it called!!

LMAO:D

You're involved with Idle Hour?! My twin is the guitarist! :O

Also about the ad pissing off Coir/Youth Defense/Anti-choice groups I think a friend of mine is doing that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

The express was good this time :D i loved the ''Overheard in UCC'' piece in the bottom corner of the back pages.

''I can do a handstand better when I'm drunk''

Whoever said that is a legend. :D

I'm sick of this student crap, it's just a different way of saying poverty riddled bum.

I see there's gonna be another protest/demonstration on campus next Wednesday. Anyone going? I'm not!

• Advertisement

You're involved with Idle Hour?! My twin is the guitarist! :O

Nah I'm the one who did the interview.

So I interviewd your twin brother then?! Listened to their stuff and they are really talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I think the girl from that used to be a regular at the New Bar jam sessions, she's amazing

Nah I'm the one who did the interview.

So I interviewd your twin brother then?! Listened to their stuff and they are really talented.

Ah right cool...congrats with the interview tho twas really well done! Was talking to Daithi today from the paper and he was saying how you're doing interviews with up and coming bands, great idea :)
    Yeah he's the talented one with music, but I've got the brains so tis grand! :D
    I think the girl from that used to be a regular at the New Bar jam sessions, she's amazing

Yeah Aileens a pretty amazing singer! I liked the description of the band in the article, too rocky for blues and too blues-ey for rock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Something like this?
    :pac:

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Something like this?
    :pac:

I would actually contribute money to that. I completely understand how people can disagree with abortion and stem cell research and feel very strongly about it, but coir and especially bloody youth defense are ****ing **** wankfaces. Gave me nightmares as a nipper so they did, with their massive child's-eye-level placards of (extremely late term) terminations outside the fucking GPO in Dublin :mad: Downright liars and aggressive bastards at that-to make a gross generalisation of course, but hey, they started it.

I would actually contribute money to that. I completely understand how people can disagree with abortion and stem cell research and feel very strongly about it, but coir and especially bloody youth defense are ****ing **** wankfaces. Gave me nightmares as a nipper so they did, with their massive child's-eye-level placards of (extremely late term) terminations outside the fucking GPO in Dublin :mad: Downright liars and aggressive bastards at that-to make a gross generalisation of course, but hey, they started it.

can you re-write this minus the swear filter, i'd really like to know what the second curse is!?

sounds kind of like "shucking fit wankfaces" :P

sounds kind of like "shucking fit wankfaces" :P

classy buurd:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Aaaagh! This history essay is killing my brain! The Government of Ireland act is a load of ****e. So ****e that there's hardly any information on it. :(

• Advertisement

Aaaagh! This history essay is killing my brain! The Government of Ireland act is a load of ****e. So ****e that there's hardly any information on it. :(

Are you looking in obscure Chinese texts or something???!?!

Advertisement