Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Are you looking in obscure Chinese texts or something???!?!

Nope. Half the recommended reading was checked out from the Boole already. All I got was a few pages here and there in Northern Irish history books. Is there some holy grail of Government of Ireland act info that I don't know about?! :eek: Tell me where it is! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Aaaagh! This history essay is killing my brain! The Government of Ireland act is a load of ****e. So ****e that there's hardly any information on it. :(

Ah I remember that. It's difficult alright.

Had no problem getting stuff for it. Wound up with around 50/60, my first college essay.

JJ Lee's (Think that's it, something like Politics in the Republic of Ireland since...) book is the one for you I reckon, helped me out a good chunk.

Nope. Half the recommended reading was checked out from the Boole already.

Nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Nope. Half the recommended reading was checked out from the Boole already. All I got was a few pages here and there in Northern Irish history books. Is there some holy grail of Government of Ireland act info that I don't know about?! :eek: Tell me where it is! :P

remind me to, and i'll send you my biblio tomorrow think it's on a usb stick somewhere.

remind me to, and i'll send you my biblio tomorrow think it's on a usb stick somewhere.

Cheers! :) I'm just going off in search of that J.J Lee book now. So, is anyone else going to the protest today or who has gone by the time they read this?

• Advertisement

Good luck with it quoteunquote!

Nah not going. I've a class at 3-5 and I get marks for attendence. The class is crap but meh, gotta go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I was really tempted to go but have 1-2 and 3-6 today,So no protesting for me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I forgot it was on til it woke me up :pac: My housemate went, she's sitting here in her fight the fees t-shirt blowing her fecking whistle and going "something-something-something-FIANNA FAIL!"

Yes, she's managed to forget the chant already

I went along and twas grand. Having some guy dressed up as Towelie from South Park standing up on the stage alongside the SU leaders was amazing. Not sure it did much to further the idea that we're responsible hard-working students though. :P The amount of vodka bottles and beer cans littering the streets on the way back was crazy!

I went along and twas grand. Having some guy dressed up as Towelie from South Park standing up on the stage alongside the SU leaders was amazing. Not sure it did much to further the idea that we're responsible hard-working students though. :P The amount of vodka bottles and beer cans littering the streets on the way back was crazy!

fairly certain he's a boardsie...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

parsley i believe..... :D

but back to the essay... journal articles are very good too. simple to get and if you find a good one, can totallty make your essay. dont worry too much about it. its the first one and they are very easy on ya!

Thanks for all the advice on the essay everyone! So, what are all of ye doing for Halloween?

Thanks for all the advice on the essay everyone! So, what are all of ye doing for Halloween?

:pac:MDMA...

its the first one and they are very easy on ya!

How ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

ive been trying to join the ucc forum with a week or two now and i keep resending the activation email but i still havent gotten it and i know that the email address is typed corrrectly!! wtf?

ive been trying to join the ucc forum with a week or two now and i keep resending the activation email but i still havent gotten it and i know that the email address is typed corrrectly!! wtf?

Get Out, you fUCCer.... :P

Same but I gave up on it. I prefer Boards anyways.

yeah me too but like still...oh well **** it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

How ya know?

from last year....:D

from last year....:D

No sh*t. I don't think they intentionally grade papers easy for 1st year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

feckin zsa zsa zu! I hate sex and the city

grrrrrrrufffh:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

I've been locked for the last two days... soberness is only a horrible day away! :o

I've been locked for the last two days... soberness is only a horrible day away! :o

i have 25 ciggarettes which i will swap for a beer

i have 25 ciggarettes which i will swap for a beer

Deal! Damn logistics might delay this exchange though...

**** logistics:D

**** logistics:D

Your logic is sound! Dya see what I did there?! God I need to get a life...and sober up.... :D

Your logic is sound! Dya see what I did there?! God I need to get a life...and sober up.... :D

do you know the difference between logic and logistics??

gorbys last night, ....got headbutted in the face ****ing dickhead scumbags...in fairness to security though they were cool about it...brought me outside, mopped me up and left me back in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

gorbys last night, ....got headbutted in the face ****ing dickhead scumbags...in fairness to security though they were cool about it...brought me outside, mopped me up and left me back in!

It's Gorbys. What the hell did you expect??? I noticed for freshers week that all of the events were in, what people who live in Cork know as, scumbag pubs.

Advertisement