Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

Ive been in there a heap though, never had any trouble until last night...it is a ****hole though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

It's Gorbys. What the hell did you expect??? I noticed for freshers week that all of the events were in, what people who live in Cork know as, scumbag pubs.

Come on now Bryan I thought I had got through to you about that. You said that the Thirsty was a scumbag pub before we went there; did you see any scumbags?

There's no "scumbag" pubs, with the exception of a few "local" bars, for example the Pinecroft in Grange. So rough is it, that locals are allowed bring in their dogs and drink cans bought from the offie next door.

Another honorable mention must go to the Fob and Gill in Mayfield, known affectionatly to locals as the Rob and Kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

gorbys last night, ....got headbutted in the face ****ing dickhead scumbags...in fairness to security though they were cool about it...brought me outside, mopped me up and left me back in!

Fucc, that sucks. :(

Gorby's usually isn't that bad is it? Like I've never seen much trouble any time I've been there. Though I'm usually there on Wednesday nights for Freakscene, only been there once or twice on a Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Silly L is Silly when drunk......... awkward doesn't even begin to cover it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Silly L is Silly when drunk......... awkward doesn't even begin to cover it!!

Ah go on, you have to tell us what happened now:p I was pushed over Wednesday night when drunk and now my hand looks septic:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

No sh*t. I don't think they intentionally grade papers easy for 1st year!

jeez, aggressive much?:D

well, i would imagine they are graded easier than 2nd/3rd/4th year.

plus, a tutor said it to us before in passing not to worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

jeez, aggressive much?:D

well, i would imagine they are graded easier than 2nd/3rd/4th year.

plus, a tutor said it to us before in passing not to worry too much.

:) Wasn't being agressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

So when is the UCC forum beers? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

grenache wrote: »
    So when is the UCC forum beers? :)

+1. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

+1. :cool:

Agreed....bags not organizing it!

Also, do NOT have it in Gorby's.:pac:

• Advertisement

UCC forum beers, in the old bar, sometime this week?

I say the old bar cos it's the cheapest bar in the city, and we're in a recession don't forget!

Unlike many others, I don't have a grant to pay for nights out in Gorbys.

I had a drink with Dan Boyle and Deirdre De Burca in the old bar this evening. :P

They get rid of fees at the weekend, and a few days later they're drinking in student bars. :P

Nova_era wrote: »
    I had a drink with Dan Boyle and Deirdre De Burca in the old bar this evening. :P

They get rid of fees at the weekend, and a few days later they're drinking in student bars. :P

Creme De Menthe no doubt

Dan Boyle was skulling a pint of Bavaria actually, and Deirdre was on the old Kylemore water

Dan Boyle was skulling a pint of Bavaria actually, and Deirdre was on the old Kylemore water

Jaysus times must be tough for the politicians if Dan Boyle is knocking back the Bav:D

deisedude wrote: »
    Jaysus times must be tough for the politicians if Dan Boyle is knocking back the Bav:D

What's the carbon foot print of a pint of Bav eh? tut..tut..tut

Reminds me of a quote from my esteemed father,

was down in a field doing a spot of fencing during the summer when himself tears down the hill on the quad in an apparently foul mood...

Me: Whats up with you

Dad: Horse-flies... cunts... they're worse than the Green Party

Me: Wets self.

Jaysus times must be tough for the politicians if Dan Boyle is knocking back the Bav

He claimed not to be aware of the different brands when asked what he was drinking; "Well eh, a pint of lager. I don't mind, whatever is on offer".

In fairness though, while not a Green Party fan, I've a lot of respect and time for Dan Boyle.

Reminds me of a quote from my esteemed father,

was down in a field doing a spot of fencing during the summer when himself tears down the hill on the quad in an apparently foul mood...

Me: Whats up with you

Dad: Horse-flies... cunts... they're worse than the Green Party

Me: Wets self.

Sounds exactly like my dad tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I'd be up for the Old Bar for the boards beers. Never been to Gorbys. Sounds like a pile of ****e anyway :)

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    I'd be up for the Old Bar for the boards beers. Never been to Gorbys. Sounds like a pile of ****e anyway :)

it is...

horrible place.

it is...

horrible place.

Have you had your hair sniffed recently?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

UCC forum beers, in the old bar, sometime this week?

I say the old bar cos it's the cheapest bar in the city, and we're in a recession don't forget!

Unlike many others, I don't have a grant to pay for nights out in Gorbys.

hell to the yeah! does the old bar do the same pitcher deals as new bar?

i say day beers in the bróg..... can you say 2.90 pints???

i say day beers in the bróg..... can you say 2.90 pints???

the pitchers in the new bar wouldn't be far above that price though, and we wouldn't have to deal with the epic manky stickiness of the brog in daytime (may get some decent pints as well :P) do you know people buy FOOD and COFFEE there during the day??

The new bar does pitcher deals?!?! About bloody time they copped on and introduced some drink deals; do they have any others?

The old bar doesn't do pitchers, but it doesn't need to. It's muuuuchhhh better - friendly staff, pool table, dartboard, good layout, 3 euro bottles, 3 euro shots, 3 euro pints, and €2.75 pints of Fosters; isn't it like a euro more in the new bar?

Going to the new bar is a losing game, I repeat: A LOSING GAME. :)

Have you had your hair sniffed recently?:D

no. because i havent gone there.

its a simple, yet effective plan.

WTF is up with the most regular posters in the forum all being in on a thursday night??

Like im sick and have drank all my money.... what's yeer excuse?

The new bar does pitcher deals?!?! About bloody time they copped on and introduced some drink deals; do they have any others?

The old bar doesn't do pitchers, but it doesn't need to. It's muuuuchhhh better - friendly staff, pool table, dartboard, good layout, 3 euro bottles, 3 euro shots, 3 euro pints, and €2.75 pints of Fosters; isn't it like a euro more in the new bar?

Going to the new bar is a losing game, I repeat: A LOSING GAME. :)

9 euro pitcher of fosters, 9.50 of miller, tenner everything else. Assuming the pitchers are standard size, that's for circa three pints Also a fiver for vodka red bull, but ick.

Personally I've always just preferred the vibe and layout of the new bar, it's more open and sociable imo. Though I haven't seen the pimped out Old Bar in fairness

• Advertisement

9 euro pitcher of fosters, 9.50 of miller, tenner everything else. Assuming the pitchers are standard size, that's for circa three pints Also a fiver for vodka red bull, but ick.

Personally I've always just preferred the vibe and layout of the new bar, it's more open and sociable imo. Though I haven't seen the pimped out Old Bar in fairness

I used drink in the new bar last year, it had much more of a "bar" vibe, and the old bar was more of a room with seats and kegs. This year though the old bar is just too cheap to turn down, and they've really done well to pimp it up a bit; definely a nicer place to hang out and have a drink. I popped into the new bar in the first week to see if they had reduced their prices accordingly, but having seen those "Fosters - €3.60" signs, I soon left.

Advertisement