Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Haru wrote: »
    Definitely won't be enough considering that some lecturers are putting all their stuff on the blackboard and asking students to print it. Hope they'll take the print fees into consideration this year.
    When it comes to technology, all my lecturers are dinosaurs! They never use Blackboard, you have to go to the lectures and take down all your own notes.
    The only things I'll have to print this year are lab reports and exam papers.

Do you sign up for that at registration? Or was this some kind of under the table type deal? ;)
    how how how???!!!

ooooh yes purlease :)

You had to sign up for it between July 1st and August 14th. There was a notice about it on the UCC site here

Sorry it's too late to do it now. If I knew people hadn't known about it, I would have started a thread here about it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

typical UCC organisation!

useless altogether, was on erasmus last year in France and im still waiting to see how i did for the year. no results or meetings or anything and apparently 21st is our start date too yet we cant register or pick modules!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

Same here actually, I've no idea about modules for next year, starting date, timetables, regestration, and fees.

I had to repeat one exam, and as the results are'nt out til next Tuesday, I've to sit and wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Nova_era wrote: »
    Same here actually, I've no idea about modules for next year, starting date, timetables, regestration, and fees.

Ditto,

And don't even bother ringing..... woman i was talking to is lucky it was over a telephone line..:mad:

after having the summer off themselves you'd think they could get organised to mark some exams and relay the results back to the students in a reasonable amount of time before the start of college. so ill be picking my modules whatever the choice may be with a few days to spare before i actually begin and these are my fourth year majoring and minoring modules, how can they expect you to make an informed decision in a matter of days?!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Haru

tmc86 wrote: »
    typical UCC organisation!

useless altogether, was on erasmus last year in France and im still waiting to see how i did for the year. no results or meetings or anything and apparently 21st is our start date too yet we cant register or pick modules!

Lolz. I'm not really surprised. Don't know where you were in France but french universities are kinda slow when the summer comes (and this year was a total mess because of the students' strikes). Exams usually end up around july and the deliberating committee meets later (around the end of july). Considering french universities are closed in August, UCC might just have recieved your results at the beginning of September.

A french friend of mine went on erasmus in Limerick for her master, the year went alright, but in September, her french uni called her, saying she needed to pass an exam in Spanish to get her diploma.:D

Maybe you should ring UCC if you don't have news soon, though. Hope you had fun as well in France ! ;)

i know its the french uni's fault as well as they had our results about 2 weeks after our exams but they couldnt give them to us (makes no sense) instead they said they would forward them to the international office which would need to be contacted by UCC. French beaureaucray not helping the situation either! UCC should know by now August in France is like the land before time, then they had the cheek to ask us to send our results to them!! if thats the case i aced all my exams :D

also i had an awesome year abroad!! but it is nice to be back.......for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 base individual

How do I find out what date im finished for the year? havent registered yet.

LOL, when you get your exam timetable....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭deisedude

Well you wont know when you are finished until the exam timetable goes up and that wont be for a few months, February or March i think they go up

• Advertisement

Just checked the e-mail i only ever use when signing up for stuff and i've 19,804 new e-mails!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭deisedude

Just checked the e-mail i only ever use when signing up for stuff and i've 19,804 new e-mails!!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

WTH?!

Almost 20,000 emails? What do you be signing up for?!

WHAT THE F*CK?!

Weeeeeelllll

Boards
    Bebo
    Other random stuff i'm sure, havn't checked it in a few years thought it'd be de-activated by now tbh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Haru

:eek: +1

Maybe you should check more often, just in case you get an important email one of those days...

(And what did you do to get so many emails ? Signed up for every single UCC society ?) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

thats insanely impressive have you not checked it in the last decade?

thats insanely impressive have you not checked it in the last decade?

Couple of years i 'spose.

Like 3 years of boards and bebo notification e-mails is a **** load of emails.:o

Couple of years i 'spose.

Like 3 years of boards and bebo notification e-mails is a **** load of emails.:o

oh wow ya i get an insane amount a bebo ones thankfully yesterday i spent the day making sure every possible notification is now turned off!!

Weeeeeelllll

Boards
    Bebo
    Other random stuff i'm sure, havn't checked it in a few years thought it'd be de-activated by now tbh!!

Still, impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Does anyone know if u have to pay the registration fee if you have already been accepted for the grant?

Just wondering as it seems UCC only wants me to pay the capition fee this year and last year I had to pay the whole lot, but that was before I was accepted for the grant.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if u have to pay the registration fee if you have already been accepted for the grant?

Just wondering as it seems UCC only wants me to pay the capition fee this year and last year I had to pay the whole lot, but that was before I was accepted for the grant.

You don't have to pay a registration fee if you've a grant. You just need to pay the capitation fee (150)

Yeah, of course, you didn't have a grant, so you had to pay the full amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

just over a week to go till we return...

can i get a woop woop?? :D

Yippeeeeeee. :D *

(* Statement eligible to be recanted around the time of Summer exams if I'm panicking!)

just over a week to go till we return...

can i get a woop woop?? :D

woop woop!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Ughh, Im blah about going back this year for several reasons. Also have work placement to sort from October. Im sure the new IT building will make me happy though.

I'm still awaiting the result of my one and only repeat, which is due out tomorrow. Last time the results were up a day early, so hopefully I can get them today.

I failed the original exam by 5 marks.. 5 MARKS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

I'm still awaiting the result of my one and only repeat, which is due out tomorrow. Last time the results were up a day early, so hopefully I can get them today.

Unlucky. Good luck with the repeat results. Did ye not have any compensation in the summer exams? Failing by 5 is a bit harsh like!!

Ah balls.

Aodan83 wrote: »
    Unlucky. Good luck with the repeat results. Did ye not have any compensation in the summer exams? Failing by 5 is a bit harsh like!!

I probably could have contested it but I was away at the time, so I was destined to chew my nails off for the rest of the summer. I put a lot of work into the repeat and the exam was great so I really don't see how I could possible fail it. Don't wanna jinx it though, so the sooner I know the better!

My logic though is that for the summer exam I did NOTHING for this particular exam, and missed out by 5 marks. Surely with all the work I put into the Autumn exam, I can make up those marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

I probably could have contested it but I was away at the time, so I was destined to chew my nails off for the rest of the summer. I put a lot of work into the repeat and the exam was great so I really don't see how I could possible fail it. Don't wanna jinx it though, so the sooner I know the better!

My logic though is that for the summer exam I did NOTHING for this particular exam, and missed out by 5 marks. Surely with all the work I put into the Autumn exam, I can make up those marks.

exactly! you will be fine... worrying is for the weak! ha! :D

on a side note, anyone have any idea when the timetables are going back up?

Advertisement