Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Aodan83 wrote: »
    Do I have to choose one? Can I not have both?

Do ya really think you could take em both on? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

CommieBaz wrote: »
    Do ya really think either of them would take you on? :pac:

FYP :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

FYP :P

FIXED YOUR POST wooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Pfft Jessica Alba is overrated.

I'm more of an Anne Hathaway guy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Stephen Esquire

I WANT MY ORIENTATION STUFF! boohoohoohoohoo :D

• Advertisement

I GOT MINE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Enjoy Orientation, was fairly boring though :P I met nobody from my class that day

I'm still waiting for mine :mad:

They're really leaving it to the last day. Their website said you'll receive the information by the 28th. I thought they'd send it sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Think of what is involved in contacting all of the new incoming undergraduates and you'll understand why it's taking so long.

Same As wrote: »
    Think of what is involved in contacting all of the new incoming undergraduates and you'll understand why it's taking so long.

I understand it of course. It was the same for my brother when he went in 4 years ago.

I just can't wait :D

• Advertisement

Ok...I'm doing English, History and German (hopefully) as three of my modules, so should I pick Folklore or Celtic Civ for the fourth? Advice anyone? Preferably advice on which one gives me a small workload?

Oh no,It involves making decisions!I don't know what modules to pick:eek:#

Oh woah,It seems i've just found how much the fees are going to be for my course next year!

This year it comes to 1650

Next year somewhere in the region of 7415 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Ok...I'm doing English, History and German (hopefully) as three of my modules, so should I pick Folklore or Celtic Civ for the fourth? Advice anyone? Preferably advice on which one gives me a small workload?

Is Politics an option??

First Year Politics and First Year History are basically the same thing if you manipulate your essay titles a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Whatever you do, don't choose Celtic Civ. I've yet to hear a single person say anything positive about it!

Is Politics an option??

First Year Politics and First Year History are basically the same thing if you manipulate your essay titles a little!

Really? Tbh, I didn't even consider Politics. Thought it would be unbelievably boring. Hmmmm *strokes non-existant beard thoughtfully*

I was actually considering Celtic Civ cos I thought it might tie in with History. I hate deciding on things. :(

Really? Tbh, I didn't even consider Politics. Thought it would be unbelievably boring. Hmmmm *strokes non-existant beard thoughtfully*

I was actually considering Celtic Civ cos I thought it might tie in with History. I hate deciding on things. :(

Man if you think Politics is boring you're going to have some fun in History!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Politics is a handy subject to take on. It's a bit difficult in places (Imo, Political Theory was tough) but Irish Politics and International Politcs tie in with History. There's Continous Assessment throughout the year which helps ease the Summer exam workload.

Greek & Roman Civilisation is decent enough too if you're stuck for something to pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Politics and History are a good duo, its what I did, they contemplate each other nicely and if you find one interesting, you'll find the latter interesting.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna have a look through the book of modules and decide between Psychology and Politics I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Orizio wrote: »
    Politics and History are a good duo, its what I did, they complement each other nicely - if you find one interesting, you'll find the latter interesting.

FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

So all first years, looks like i'll be back repeating the year with you dudes and dudesses next month :(

grenache wrote: »
    So all first years, looks like i'll be back repeating the year with you dudes and dudesses next month :(

Quel age as-tu?

What course are you doing? (remember if you answer first year arts and have to repeat this course, then I will hold this fact over you everytime you post). ;)

I reckon i hold the record for the most first years attended ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

I reckon i hold the record for the most first years attended ever!!

how many??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Quel age as-tu?
    I hope for your sake you don't do French ;) J'ai vingt cinq ans. But i feel forty.

What course are you doing? (remember if you answer first year arts and have to repeat this course, then I will hold this fact over you everytime you post). ;)
    Erm, why? Lots of people repeat.

I think you know i'm doing Arts.

Not the end of the world dude.

I didn't actually. ;)

I didn't actually. ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61701431&postcount=36

Isn't the mod the all-seeing eye? :)

• Advertisement

UCC have changed the date of receiving the registration pack.

It is now the 1st of September :D. I was worried this morning because it wasn't in the post.

http://www.ucc.ie/en/ProspectiveStudents/Orientation/

Advertisement