Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murdered beggar sent cash for family's education

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Taltos wrote: »
    Thinking it is time to leave this sorry excuse for a nuthouse.

OP, Did you not want to "remove" all beggars from Dublin's streets in an earlier thread about improving Dublin city?

Just seems weird that seem to find it admirable that she was sending money home that she begged for.

"Sorry excuse of a nuthouse"? Sorry excuse at sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

That's horrible, the poor woman. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Nodin wrote: »
    Funny, because the woman you claim was a Roma was sending money back to her children to keep them in school.....

Says who?

Some rag.

But then the press release says

"
    Ms Bratis was the mother of two grown-up children in their 20s who are still living in their native Romania."

Sending them to school,eh?

Over to you...hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

What knowledge I have or haven't really isn't the issue. You said

...thus I want to know what criteria you use when making that judgement.

Funny, because the woman you claim was a Roma was sending money back to her children to keep them in school.....

Maybe she was sending them to THIEF SCHOOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Degsy wrote: »
    "
    Ms Bratis was the mother of two grown-up children in their 20s who are still living in their native Romania."

Sending them to school,eh?

Maybe her kids are challenged and are still in the Romanian version of senior infants? :p

When my dad was in second class, there was an eighteen year old in his class. Didn't have the same special needs help they do now.

And speaking of "grown-up children in their 20s" ... My parents still give me money for my education! :(

• Advertisement

And speaking of "grown-up children in their 20s" ... My parents still give me money for my education! :(

Are they begging in romania to fund you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Says who?

Some rag.

Poisoning the well already?
    Ms Bratis was the mother of two grown-up children in their 20s who are still living in their native Romania.".

So its college then.....
    Over to you...hahaha

Hahaha.

You forgot
    she looked like a roma

In what way does she 'look like a Roma'? What criteria are you applying?

Poisoning the well already?

So its college then.....

Hahaha.

You forgot

Give it a rest..you're cracking me up.

Are they begging in romania to fund you?

No, no! Begging in West Cork! ;)

I guess the collection plate my dad hands round the church on Sundays is a more respectful, subtle version of begging?! :pac:

Give it a rest..you're cracking me up.

Yes, I'm a bag of laughs.

Now, what criteria do you apply when deciding - based on visual evidence - who is or is not a Roma.

• Advertisement

No, no! Begging in West Cork! ;)

I guess the collection plate my dad hands round the church on Sundays is a more respectful, subtle version of begging?! :pac:

Thats more akin to the selling of indulgences.;)

Now, what criteria do you apply when deciding - based on visual evidence - who is or is not a Roma.

When people keep mentioning "Roma" in this thread ... all I'm getting is Roma pasta sauce :pac:

*sigh*

Whats with all the questions?
    Do you fancy yourself as Magnus Magnuson or something?

Whats with all the questions?

You made a statement, and I'm trying to discover the reasoning behind it. Fairly straightforward really.

Now, if you'd share of your wisdom.....

Degsy, just admit that you can't answer the question. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

walshb wrote: »
    Romanian unable to find work resorts to begging?

Oh, so they are coming here to work, and begging is the last option?

I get it now. I thought it was the first and only option, I do apologise:rolleyes:

Are you thinking of Romanias or Roma? As most romanians here aren't roma and they do come here to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

No matter what immigrant population she belongs to the likelihood is she was killed by somebody from her own community. Studies show immigrant populations are more likely to be the victims of violent crimes which are mostly carried out within their own community. This is standard for all communities including Irish ones.

Now I don't know how people know one way or the other if she is Roma or not but if she is both begging and from Romania it is not wild speculation to assume she is. It may not be PC but insisting she is or isn't seems a little OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Any reason why she was down in that part of the park? It's a bit musty.. and if you've ever been there, crawling with rats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭tarbuck

Sexy weatherbeaten skin, fetching headscarve and nicely trimmed moustache is the usual giveaway (both male and female).

RIP to the professional begger anyway. They are a total nuisance but they don't deserve death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Would Roma wear the the type of religious medal that woman was found wearing?

Does their belief system cover Christian beliefs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Dont be so depressed I recently saw a documentary on the hospitals in Baghdad in Iraq on channel 4 and in comparison Ireland is a paradise. The Americans have stolen all the money so there is no anaesthesia. They were operating on a young boy of 6 or 7 without anaesthetic and he was screaming. The nutty Muslims outside were killing doctors for treating both Sunni and Shia patients and every couple of hours a bomb would go off killing civilians in scores. It was sobering stuff. Made me appreciate Ireland even with all its problems.

Found a link for it
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/arts/television/20jens.html?_r=1
    They murdered the filmmakers father for making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Yep..because he dindt ASK anybody for anything,he was doing a bit of scrounging for ciggies NOT begging for money and he certainly wasnt holding up a baby,trying to distract my at an ATM or pickpocketing.
    As i said in t hat thread,he didnt look like a down and out so its probably safe to assume he'd contributed to the country for many years.
    What,exactly to roma contribute,except bringing thier children up to be thieves?

this woman had to resort to begging to put her children through college. If she was Roma, as you claim, and applying your logic, her kids would be in Ireland theiving.

Amalgam wrote: »
    Would Roma wear the the type of religious medal that woman was found wearing?

Does their belief system cover Christian beliefs?

the Roma community are almost entirely Catholic.

Amalgam wrote: »
    Any reason why she was down in that part of the park? It's a bit musty.. and if you've ever been there, crawling with rats!

she was living rough, and until the facts come out all that can be assumed is that she was there to sleep.

this woman had to resort to begging to put her children through college

No she didnt,thats a lie perpetrated by the leftie media who want to in some way glorify the existence of somebody who was basicly useless.

Its amazing the rubbish people will believe if it suits thier point of view.

First Mr Nodin and Co insisted it was to send her kids to school,then i pointed out that they were in their 20's and you now make the claim that she was trying to put them through college...i mean,c'mon.lets keep it believable here.

No she didnt,thats a lie perpetrated by the leftie media who want to in some way glorify the existence of somebody who was basicly useless.

First Mr Nodin and Co insisted it was to send her kids to school,then i pointed out that they were in their 20's and you now make the claim that she was trying to put them through college...i mean,c'mon.lets keep it believable here.

No, the 'leftie media' clearly said college--->
    THE Romanian woman found brutally murdered in the Phoenix Park was raising money to help put her two children through college at home, gardai have revealed.

From the link in the OP

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/murdered-beggar-sent-cash-for-familys-education-1867612.html

the original article if you bothered to read it made the claim that she was sending money to her kids to put them through college.

but you'll disregard it because it's just "leftie media" even though it was the guards who released that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 handzy

My dads partner is romanian, she hates roma gypsys although romas come from bosnia aswel not just romania.
    i dont like the way they carry on or their trickery but does anyone remember the disappearance of the roma girl who lived in donabate? Those woman are still human. Its sad that just because we live in a big city like dublin we shrug murder off as to be expected. Its sad that as a woman i cant walk my dog at nite without being fearfull. Why does it matter what race, religeon, or class she was? ? She was another woman killed in our city. She was easy prey, no one would care because of what she was. Tell me something , if her murderer was caught and it turned out he or indeed she had killed irish homeless, would you care then?

No she didnt,thats a lie perpetrated by the leftie media .

The Irish Independent is a left wing paper? Fascinating.
    who want to in some way glorify the existence of somebody who was basicly useless..

...somebody who was willing to beg for money in a foriegn country in order to support her family when the work rant out is "basicly (sic) useless". Lovely.
    First Mr Nodin and Co insisted it was to send her kids to school,.

Nope, papers.

You still haven't explained how you visually identified her as a Roma.

You wouldn't just be saying that with no basis whatsoever, would you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

The Irish Indpendant is part of the 'Lefty media'??? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement