Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murdered beggar sent cash for family's education

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

stovelid wrote: »
    They're here to work your arse?

Even the women?

Well, he seems to have some pain in it over something.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

994 wrote: »
    How do you know it was an Irish person who murdered her?

i just hope it was someone from north dublin, because a southsider will probably get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

genericguy wrote: »
    i just hope it was someone from north dublin, because a southsider will probably get away with it.

In a word: why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

walshb wrote: »
    Work my arse!

Ewwwwww...no thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

Taltos wrote: »
    Just had to post this today. Feeling totally disgusted with what this country has become. Thinking it is time to leave this sorry excuse for a nuthouse.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/murdered-beggar-sent-cash-for-familys-education-1867612.html

Whats the problem?

She came over here with the sole intention of begging from Irish people and scrounging,good riddance.

I dont feel sympathy for these Roma Gypsies at all,which she clearly was btw.

Hopefully more Irish people wil start dealing with them the Italian way.They need to get the message they arent wanted here and if that means a few killings then so be it.Little ****ers always regret asking me for money,il gladly give it to Irish people begging but I would rather give the Roma a boot up the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 beni

The Feckerz who killed will go to hell:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

C'mon, work my arse, Jim Royle? No?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

walshb wrote: »
    C'mon, work my arse, Jim Royle? No?

you want JIM ROYLE to work your arse?!?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Goose81 wrote: »
    They need to get the message they arent wanted here and if that means a few killings then so be it.

wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Just a troll (or worse)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Goosestep81 might be a better name?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Whats the problem?

She came over here with the sole intention of begging from Irish people and scrounging,good riddance.

Hopefully more Irish people wil start dealing with them the Italian way.They need to get the message they arent wanted here and if that means a few killings then so be it.Little ****ers always regret asking me for money,il gladly give it to Irish people begging but I would rather give the Roma a boot up the hole.

banned.
    For aaaaaaages.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

banned.
    For aaaaaaages.
    Ye bet me to it. Stupid internet connection cutting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Surely you need a work visa to come to Ireland from Romania?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

dr.bollocko has the coolest mod credentials on boards.

afterhours
    rock and metal
    the thunderdome

dr.bollocko has the coolest mod credentials on boards.

afterhours
    rock and metal
    the thunderdome

That's completely off topic and not relevant to this thread.
    So is this.
    /flexes muscles.
    Oooooohhh yeahhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

That's completely off topic and not relevant to this thread.
    So is this.
    /flexes muscles.
    Oooooohhh yeahhhhh.

Were you kissing guns at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭donkey balls

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Surely you need a work visa to come to Ireland from Romania?

they can come over on a holiday without a visa but to work in ireland they must have a skill that were short off then there employer must make an application to the dept of trade&enterprize for a work permit.

dresden8 wrote: »
    Were you kissing guns at the time?

Lips are a sign of weakness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

they can come over on a holiday without a visa but to work in ireland they must have a skill that were short off then there employer must make an application to the dept of trade&enterprize for a work permit.

That's what I thought. Surely along with putting out a reward to help convict her killer the gardai/immigration should get a public kick up the ass for not copping someone who was begging (surely illegally) for months on the streets of Dublin. I'm sure a single garda most have passed her in all this time and yet they claim she hadn't come to their attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

No one deserves to die because they are begging to make a few quid,but the romas take it too far ffs.Today sitting at a red light a young roma girl walked up to my window and handed me a photocopy card and walked off.
    On the card was a picture of a young child in a hospital bed with tubes and wires everywhere.On the flip side of the card,it wrote, Jesus help,if you have any pity in your heart you will give as much money as you can to halp this poor child dying of cancer...blah blah blah.As i finished reading the roma girl came back and said, i take money now:eek:.This is ignorance at its worst.If i (as an irish person)did this id get jail and my pic in every national paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

> Stabbings common place
    > Attacks on people in Dublin now a common occurance (or Salthill)
    > Drugs freely available
    > Govt led by thieving B******'s
    > Rates on the way up
    > Water charges / property taxes being tabled
    > Illegal check-points in the North
    > Filth on the streets - including those illegal posters
    > Dumped cars in my area & attempted break-ins of neighbours
    > Healthcare down the toilet
    > Ineptitude of the Govt / civil service to do anything about the rake of things wrong
    > Criminals being released early & being given too short sentences
    > Dole for nothing - believe the dole is a great idea - but why are the govt not doing more - ie get these guys to work on public improvement schemes 3 days a week; 1 day spent on CV/Interview skils and 1 day for whatever (I was prev unemployed for 9 mts - so thank gawd for FAS).

OP, I contend that you're the problem. You read tabloids, believe them and tell others about the lies. Are you nuts or just naive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

cruiser178 wrote: »
    No one deserves to die because they are begging to make a few quid,but the romas take it too far ffs.Today sitting at a red light a young roma girl walked up to my window and handed me a photocopy card and walked off.
    On the card was a picture of a young child in a hospital bed with tubes and wires everywhere.On the flip side of the card,it wrote, Jesus help,if you have any pity in your heart you will give as much money as you can to halp this poor child dying of cancer...blah blah blah.As i finished reading the roma girl came back and said, i take money now:eek:.This is ignorance at its worst.If i (as an irish person)did this id get jail and my pic in every national paper.

:eek:What??? You didnt give any money to help that poor unfortunate child dying in hospital???

You my friend will burn in Hell for all of eternity!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

pebbles21 wrote: »
    :eek:What??? You didnt give any money to help that poor unfortunate child dying in hospital???

You my friend will burn in Hell for all of eternity!!
    With the few coppers i had in my pocket,i'll take that chance:)

cruiser178 wrote: »

Really bloody irritates me when people fall for their little scams. There's a lad outside Tesco in Drumcondra between the entrance and the car park (so lots of people have to walk by him - women and old people from the local estate mostly) and I see him cycling down the road with his backpack on, going 'to work' I guess you could call it. Just sits there all day, and he's obviously making something from it because he's been there for months.

On topic, YEAH RIGHT that woman looked for a job. Unless the objective was to rob the place blind.

If anyone went to Romania, or any other country for that matter looking for work and couldn't find any - they'd bloody go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

compare:
    "but we feel there are still people with information who have not come forward yet. She had to be eating, sleeping and shopping somewhere. We are looking for all that information."

with

"In the months before her death, Ms Bratis had been seen begging in Dublin city centre, mainly on O'Connell Street and O'Connell Bridge. Gardai say she had not come to their attention prior to her murder.

so yer wan was beggin on the capitals main street and hadn't come to the Gardais attention yet they're tut tutting that joe soap never noticed where she was shopping? Bleedin clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Umm...

The woman sent Irish cash she scrounged off people home for her family's education.

No, she was sending Euros.

she was initially working and had accommodation, only resorted to begging when she could no longer support herself and was living rough.

At least she was trying to do something positive witht eh money recieved, unlike all those fine upstanding irish junkies at cash points around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

you know this how?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

My spider sense tells me she was murdered by another roma...whats the betting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    If anyone went to Romania, or any other country for that matter looking for work and couldn't find any - they'd bloody go home.

Of course they is no such thing a homeless Irish person abroad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement