Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murdered beggar sent cash for family's education

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

but you'll disregard it because it's just "leftie media" even though it was the guards who released that information.

And the guards knew this how??I mean they didnt notice her begging on o'connel bridge day after day but they're suddenly experts on her financial and family affairs now?
    The spokesman just said that to try and make her sound like less of a parasite and to get people with info to come forward,thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Degsy wrote: »
    And the guards knew this how??.

Because they investigated the matter when identifying her.

It might have been quicker if they asked a walking ethnicity detector such as yourself. Perhaps when you explain how you identify her as a Roma, somebody will pass it on to Templemore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

handzy wrote: »
    My dads partner is romanian, she hates roma gypsys although romas come from bosnia aswel not just romania.
    i dont like the way they carry on or their trickery but does anyone remember the disappearance of the roma girl who lived in donabate? Those woman are still human. Its sad that just because we live in a big city like dublin we shrug murder off as to be expected. Its sad that as a woman i cant walk my dog at nite without being fearfull. Why does it matter what race, religeon, or class she was? ? She was another woman killed in our city. She was easy prey, no one would care because of what she was. Tell me something , if her murderer was caught and it turned out he or indeed she had killed irish homeless, would you care then?

She didn't deserve what happened to her and without trying to be insensitive people will feel a different level of compassion to a victim based on what kind of life they *think* the victim lived. (Maybe) Unfortunately for her others from her homeland/area have tarnished the names of all romanians begging in Ireland as most seem to do it professionaly.
    My concern in this issue (considering they are trying to find her killer) is how immigration/the gardai are not getting a kick up the ass for not realising a person was in the country illegally when they were begging publicly on the streets of Dublin for months. How they can claim they were unaware of her is surely a sign of incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

handzy wrote: »
    My dads partner is romanian, she hates roma gypsys although romas come from bosnia aswel not just romania.
    The Romanians hate the romas worse than how we hate the kn**kers.

Nodin wrote: »
    It might have been quicker if they asked a walking ethnicity detector such as yourself. Perhaps when you explain how you identify her as a Roma, somebody will pass it on to Templemore.

Do you really not know how to recognise a roma?
    I'll give you a clue...Butt-ugly women,long skirts,headscarves,from Romania and begging,sometimes with kids,sometimes not..usually defended by a minority of irish people who dont know thier arse from a hole in the ground.
    Ring any bells?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

I'll give you a clue...Butt-ugly women,long skirts,headscarves,from Romania and begging,sometimes with kids,sometimes not..usually defended by a minority of irish people who dont know thier arse from a hole in the ground.
    Ring any bells?

The majority of Roma are not from Romania. You are some expert alright Degsy! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    The majority of Roma are not from Romania. You are some expert alright Degsy! :p

Seriously why are you so sure she is not Roma? There are a few indications but I don't get certainty one side or the other

The majority of Roma are not from Romania. :p

The ones that come here are..the ones in greece for example usually come from bulgaria.
    But yes,the majority of roma here are from romania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Kipperhell wrote: »
    Seriously why are you so sure she is not Roma? There are a few indications but I don't get certainty one side or the other

I'm not certain at all. In fact I don't think its relevant what ethic grouping she came from.

Degsy is 100% sure though. He can recognise Romas becase they look like they come from Romania.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Kipperhell wrote: »

there's no indications at all except

a) she's from Romania.

I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader as to why some people are so determined for her to be Roma so they can vilify her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

But yes,the majority of roma here are from romania.

actually, no, they're from the mostly from accession states and travel under passports from these states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

I'm not certain at all. In fact I don't think its relevant what ethic grouping she came from.

Degsy is 100% sure though. He can recognise Romas becase they look like they come from Romania.

So if she came from a culture where knife carrying , for example, it would not be relevant? Degsy may be certain based on little evidence but there is at least indications due to her activities and country of origin.

How her children could be happy with her sleeping rough and begging so they could continue studies is a little odd. There is a possibility that it is not true. I would say a likelihood.

Roma are recognisable to an extent by appearance as are Irish people there is nothing wrong with using it as a guide along with activities. There certainly a good probability she is Roma why so aggressively deny it?

Being PC is not meant to ignore the facts or probabilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'll give you a clue...Butt-ugly women

So only Roma women are "butt ugly"? All of them? Fascinating.

Don't appear that bad to me.
    http://www.mlahanas.de/Greece/History/images/RomaAetolia.jpg
    ,long skirts,headscarves,

....no head scarves...trousers....
    http://balkanproject.org/roma/Photos/PHOTOS_Large/Priluzje_Roma_fest_1_~11~CUT.jpg

from Romania
    As the picture suggests, these are from Greece.
    http://www.mlahanas.de/Greece/History/images/RomaAetolia.jpg
    These are from Kosovo
    http://balkanproject.org/roma/Photos/PHOTOS_Large/Priluzje_Roma_fest_1_~11~CUT.jpg

How do you tell somebody is from Romania by looking at them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement