Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murdered beggar sent cash for family's education

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

How do you know it was an Irish person who murdered her?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Ha that article is like something you would read in the Sun newspaper!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I never said it was an Irish person - not did I imply this.
    Merely stated that this type of behaviour in our country along with the rest of what is going on is making me think twice. Lets see

> Stabbings common place
    > Attacks on people in Dublin now a common occurance (or Salthill)
    > Drugs freely available
    > Govt led by thieving B******'s
    > Rates on the way up
    > Water charges / property taxes being tabled
    > Illegal check-points in the North
    > Filth on the streets - including those illegal posters
    > Dumped cars in my area & attempted break-ins of neighbours
    > Healthcare down the toilet
    > Ineptitude of the Govt / civil service to do anything about the rake of things wrong
    > Criminals being released early & being given too short sentences
    > Dole for nothing - believe the dole is a great idea - but why are the govt not doing more - ie get these guys to work on public improvement schemes 3 days a week; 1 day spent on CV/Interview skils and 1 day for whatever (I was prev unemployed for 9 mts - so thank gawd for FAS).

Could go on. Anyway - back to your original question - no I have no idea if the murderer is Irish - but that is hardly the point- it happened in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

^^^^ARGH!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Off to the ranting and raving forum with this id say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Ah he doesn't need to go off to ranting and raving, sure none of this happens in any other tax free, excellent health care providing, clean, violence free etc etc county in the world. Sure I thought everyone knew that. Once he leaves Ireland he'll be free of all his troubles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

This would be more suited to After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's all the same to me, I'd have to read this tat either way. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,268 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Raising money for her smack addiction more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Taltos wrote: »
    Just had to post this today. Feeling totally disgusted with what this country has become. Thinking it is time to leave this sorry excuse for a nuthouse.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/murdered-beggar-sent-cash-for-familys-education-1867612.html

This Place will solve all of your problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

> Stabbings common place Relatively speaking it's still better than most places.
    > Attacks on people in Dublin now a common occurance (or Salthill) Attacks in big cities are common place everywhere it's one of the dangers of living in a big city.
    > Drugs freely available Where? Where are all these drugs? I can't get them and when they are available their over priced and ****e.
    > Rates on the way up
    That's our own fault.
    > Illegal check-points in the North Nothing to do with us, that's a different country.

And why leave the country, why is leaving the country the immediate response of Irish people it's like we just don't care about this nation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Romanian unable to find work resorts to begging?

Oh, so they are coming here to work, and begging is the last option?

I get it now. I thought it was the first and only option, I do apologise:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

> Stabbings common place
    > Drugs freely available
    > Rates on the way up
    > Ineptitude of the Govt / civil service to do anything about the rake of things wrong
    > Dole for nothing - believe the dole is a great idea - but why are the govt not doing more - ie get these guys to work on public improvement schemes 3 days a week; 1 day spent on CV/Interview skils and 1 day for whatever (I was prev unemployed for 9 mts - so thank gawd for FAS).

Reminds me of the 80's, except it was mostly smack then, not coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Because people aren't murdered in other countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I hope you don't read the papers in whatever country you're going to, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Merely stated that this type of behaviour in our country along with the rest of what is going on is making me think twice. Lets see

Not this country!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Umm...

The woman sent Irish cash she scrounged off people home for her family's education.

I feel bad she was murdered, but why the need to glorify the woman and make her out to be a Mother Teresa type figure? - Lots of other murdered people don't get the same treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

> Stabbings common place
    > Drugs freely available
    > Rates on the way up

Could go on. Anyway - back to your original question - no I have no idea if the murderer is Irish - but that is hardly the point- it happened in Ireland.

It never went away you know.

The only difference is that people have stopped talking about how much their house is worth. This sh1t was always there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

dresden8 wrote: »
    It never went away you know.

Only Michael McDowell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

So where is this glorious utopia you're moving to op?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

orestes wrote: »
    So where is this glorious utopia you're moving to op?

Romania ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The woman sent Irish cash she scrounged off people home for her family's education.

If other people choose to give their own cash to beggars, it's not your business what they spend it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Romania ;)

Heh heh:pac: Will you start begging over there immediately, like most Romanians do when they do when get over here? Or will you try for a job first?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

stovelid wrote: »
    If other people choose to give their own cash to beggars, it's not your business what they spend it on.

Too right. I make a conscious decision to give money to beggars knowing that the money might be spent on something that I don't like. However, to hear this woman put the money she received from begging to such good use makes me glad that I take the "chance" of giving money to beggars.

Umm...

I feel bad she was murdered, but why the need to glorify the woman and make her out to be a Mother Teresa type figure? - Lots of other murdered people don't get the same treatment.

Compared to that stabbing in bray, shes barely got a look in. In Sindoworld, its the middle class that count.

Nodin wrote: »
    Compared to that stabbing in bray, shes barely got a look in. In Sindoworld, its the middle class that count.

That's unfair.

If a mentally ill guy from Darndale had stabbed his ex and her new fella, the grief would have been the same.

Perhaps.

stovelid wrote: »
    That's unfair.

If a mentally ill guy from Darndale had stabbed his ex and her new fella, the grief would have been the same.

Perhaps.

...especially if his ex and her new fella had been from that street in Bray, somewhere in Greystones, Howth, Foxrock......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

She failed to get a job in Ireland.
    Fair enough, there are hundreds of thousands unemployed.

But she choose to stay here begging then go back home? :confused:
    And even if she couldn't manage to support herself properly she made enough money to make it worthwhile to send it home.

There is money in begging after all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

> Stabbings common place
    > Drugs freely available
    > Rates on the way up

This is like a checklist for the 1980's. I agree it was a terrible crime but stop reading the Indo, it's a total rag these days. Judging from the thread title, it seems infectious as well, I mean what the hell do her family back home have to do with the fact she was murdered?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

mikemac wrote: »

There is money in begging after all!

Isn't that what they are here for. Work my arse!

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Isn't that what they are here for. Work my arse!

They're here to work your arse?

Even the women?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement