Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork/Kerry All-Ireland Football Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Draw
    Time to start counting the hours now. After the game against Tyrone, I was able to call it. After the Kerry Meath, I was not so sure. Now I haven't a clue. Is that doubt seeping into my mind. I don't know.

The only thing I do know is that Sam will be passing through Mallow station on Monday night. But which way will it go!!!

Unless of course its a draw!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Colm R wrote: »
    Time to start counting the hours now. After the game against Tyrone, I was able to call it. After the Kerry Meath, I was not so sure. Now I haven't a clue. Is that doubt seeping into my mind. I don't know.

The only thing I do know is that Sam will be passing through Mallow station on Monday night. But which way will it go!!!

Unless of course its a draw!

They can take a detour and pass through to Cork via Ballydesmond with Sam and pop into Tom O Sullivan's house for a cup of tae and some cáisce.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 woolyhead

Kerry by less then 5 points
    Kerry are being written off, tis great altogether, i love all the hype about Cork, and there foolish enough to believe it when we build them up. I said to one Cork man that if there was a team to be picked from the Kerry and Cork panels there wouldnt be one Kerry player on it, he replied, "sure your right there boy, but that dangly auld ginger lad corner forward might make the bench", Cork to win by 15 pints, just like Dublin did, or no what happened there again..................................

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Cork by more then 5 points
    Nalced_irl wrote: »
    Oh wait...does this clash with Man U v City? Could someone keep me updated on the final cos i probably wont see it ;)

Joke of course lol

1.30 kick off, will be the reason ill be heading up late to croke park. have me flights booked for that game, but all ireland final takes center stage over everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

woolyhead wrote: »
    Kerry are being written off, tis great altogether, i love all the hype about Cork, and there foolish enough to believe it when we build them up. I said to one Cork man that if there was a team to be picked from the Kerry and Cork panels there wouldnt be one Kerry player on it, he replied, "sure your right there boy, but that dangly auld ginger lad corner forward might make the bench", Cork to win by 15 pints, just like Dublin did, or no what happened there again..................................

I don't think anybody is saying Cork are going to destroy Kerry this Sunday.Stakes are too high for Kerry to lose in that fashion but Kerry were comprehensively beaten by Cork this year and Cork beat the team Kerry never could...Tyrone.

So there is reason to be optimistic from a Cork point of view.The performances and form point more in favour of Cork and both teams won the league to futher highlight that on paper it will be real close.

I just think this is a different Cork team to what Kerry are used to with the likes of O Connor and Kerrigan while Cussen and Masters haven't really featured and Cork seem to have a plan A and a plan B.I don't see Kerry coming up with anything different other than the long,high balls into Walsh.I bet they'll play a diagonal style.Hand passing style of ball to each other won't get Kerry anywhere.Cork are well drilled when it comes to tackling too and Tyrone couldn't cope with this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Kerry -5 points at 5/1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

there just as many saying that Kerry will win as Cork people let me assure you.

Even on papers Kerry are being tipped 2:1

As for that Cork bolke I think he trying stir you up. Its working

Yera twud take alot more to rise a Kerry man then a disillusioned Cork man. Nearly every paper iv read they go along with a Cork win, even our own Paudie O'Se is tipping a Cork win in the Indo, and with good reason too. Cork are invincible now at this stage. They have still to beat Kerry in Croke Park, but sure that means nothing.

Yera twud take alot more to rise a Kerry man then a disillusioned Cork man. Nearly every paper iv read they go along with a Cork win, even our own Paudie O'Se is tipping a Cork win in the Indo, and with good reason too. Cork are invincible now at this stage. They have still to beat Kerry in Croke Park, but sure that means nothing.

I just did;)

seen plenty more Kerry people get wound up down years. As I have every other county including Cork

I just did;)

seen plenty more Kerry people get wound up down years. As I have every other county including Cork
    ah sure not atall, we are a very simple crowd down here, we wudnt even know our way around dublin and we still look both ways crossing the auld one way streets. what way is croke park again?

• Advertisement

In_tuition wrote: »
    Kerry -5 points at 5/1 :)

Massive price that.

As everybody else is saying Kerry have nothing else but to turn up. That is great price.

ah sure not atall, we are a very simple crowd down here, we wudnt even know our way around dublin and we still look both ways crossing the auld one way streets. what way is croke park again?

lol fair play to ya

bookies never lie, Cork 10/11 favs, cant see them being beat now

galvin and leary to both get sent off 100/1

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭rebs23

Sure us poor old Cork fellas, we don't stand a chance really against the mighty kingdom, sure we'll probably crack at the first sight of Croke Park like we always do and you know yourself, really our fellas will try and fulfill the fixture and try and give ye a game of it.
    Haven't ye been training behind closed doors in Killarney the last few weeks with Jack O coming up with another cute hoor plan to sort those Corkies out.

Sure with your 36 AI's you could do with a few more to make up for all the bad land in Kerry and the awful tourist season you've just had, feck it will we bother travelling at all.

Yerra, yerra yerra you know yourself, ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Naturally Rebs, there is no point in the Cork fans travelling, but should the players actually bother to turn up?

Seems like a waste of the Cork County Board's money and effort sending Pearse and co up, money better spent on a well-deserved trip to Old Trafford for Frank methinks. :)

rebs23 wrote: »
    Sure us poor old Cork fellas, we don't stand a chance really against the mighty kingdom, sure we'll probably crack at the first sight of Croke Park like we always do and you know yourself, really our fellas will try and fulfill the fixture and try and give ye a game of it.
    Haven't ye been training behind closed doors in Killarney the last few weeks with Jack O coming up with another cute hoor plan to sort those Corkies out.

Sure with your 36 AI's you could do with a few more to make up for all the bad land in Kerry and the awful tourist season you've just had, feck it will we bother travelling at all.

Yerra, yerra yerra you know yourself, ;)
    ah lads go away up there at yere dead ease and have an auld flask of barrys tay and a few ham sandwiches around the kildare side of things. Lord God u wouldnt know, we might even give ye a game of football, the doors were shut in training because they are training so bad, no wonder they do be a mental home next to fitzgerald stadium sure

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Rebel Fan

Cork by less then 5 points
    WHERE WE SPORTED AND PLAYED, NEATH EACH GREEN LEAFY SHADE, ON THE BANKS OF MY OWN LOVELY LEE

WHERE WE SPORTED AND PLAYED, NEATH EACH GREEN LEAFY SHADE, ON THE BANKS OF MY OWN LOVELY LEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

OH TO, OH TO BE, OH TO BE A REBEL!!!!!!!!!!!

CALLING ALL GENUINE CORK FANS TO THE METRO PUB ON SUNDAY, JONTY AND CO WILL BE THERE WITH THE BAGPIPES AND DRUMS, THE PERFECT PRE MATCH ATMOSPHERE!!!

ANYONE LOOKING TICKETS YOU'LL GET THEM THERE, IN 07 THERE WAS A GOOD MIX OF GENUINE CORK AND KERRY FANS THERE AND WE ALL LEFT WITH EVERYBODY SORTED, OPPOSING FANS SORTING EACH OTHER OUT, THAT'S THE SPIRIT OF THE GAA!!!!!

MY SISTER IS IN DUBLIN TODAY, TOUTS ARE ASKING 1000EURO FOR 2 STAND TICKETS, GIVE EM NOTHIN!!!!!!

UP THE REBELS!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Draw
    Rebel Fan wrote: »

MY SISTER IS IN DUBLIN TODAY, TOUTS ARE ASKING 1000EURO FOR 2 STAND TICKETS, GIVE EM NOTHIN!!!!!!

Give em Nothing is dead right. Tickets will come up lads. Be patient and take your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

ANYONE LOOKING TICKETS YOU'LL GET THEM THERE, IN 07 THERE WAS A GOOD MIX OF GENUINE CORK AND KERRY FANS THERE

Any chance of one for people going to the minor game?

Where are the team hotels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Interesting- RTE preview has tipped the draw- I have it backed at 15/2 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Interesting- RTE preview has tipped the draw- I have it backed at 15/2 myself.

No chance. Kerry to win this every day of the week my friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

The presenter of Morning Ireland on Radio 1 got it right this morning. He was asking the question whether anybody really believed Kerry people going on with the auld talking up Cork and writing themselves off? Methinks most people are on to the not half as cute as they think Kerry Hoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dubdude1982

RTE.ie doin a backstage online special...

RTÉ Sport
    RTÉ Gives GAA Fans Worldwide Backstage Access to the
    All Ireland Football Championship Finals
    RTÉ Sport are giving GAA fans around the world a unique opportunity to go Backstage at this weekend’s All Ireland Football Championship Finals, exclusively on RTÉ.ie

Wherever fans are in the world on Sunday 20 September, they will be able to watch Micheál Ó Muircheartaigh’s commentary on the game as part of RTÉ’s Backstage All-Ireland cross media initiative.

For the first time ever Irish people and Irish communities worldwide will have an opportunity not only to listen but to watch and share the excitement of the man who for so many people all over the globe is the voice of RTÉ Radio’s GAA commentary.

Fans will also be able to join The Sunday Game Live team in studio for their pre and post-match analysis, as well as having the chance to watch the ceremonies beforehand and the victory celebrations afterwards.

Backstage All-Ireland will also bring you RTÉ Radio One’s The Championship programme with Brian Carty live from Croke Park. Brian will be joined by a host of special guests, as they look back at the events of the day with the key players, both winners and losers.

From Alaska to Adelaide, from Barnsley to Buffalo, people can log on to www.rte.ie/gaa and wherever you are, you’re in Croke Park.

RTÉ is asking those with relatives or friends abroad to let them know that this coverage is available and to invite them to watch and listen in to the biggest event in Ireland’s sporting calendar.

Backstage All–Ireland will be streamed live exclusively on RTÉ.ie from 12.45pm to 7.00pm

ardmacha wrote: »
    Any chance of one for people going to the minor game?

Where are the team hotels?

Cork are in the Burlington and Kerry are in Citywest, go to the metro, if there's tickets there you'll get them. Just tell the kerry boys you love Spillane!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rebeldog

could any1 tell me the chances of getting a ticket above b4 the match?? i spose ill be paying more than face value but just wondering wha ppl think?? i preferably would want a terrace ticket but dnt mind where i am really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭lukin

Draw
    Rebel Fan wrote: »
    Cork are in the Burlington and Kerry are in Citywest, go to the metro, if there's tickets there you'll get them. Just tell the kerry boys you love Spillane!!!!!!!!!!!1

I got two for the Burlo in Cummins Sports in Cork on Wednesday. Someone else asked me to get them; 80 yo-yo's each.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Draw
    Apolagies if I'm off topic, but I've been told by the better half that we just got tickets in the Davin stand for the game Sunday.

Just curious if anyone can tell me if it'll mostly be Cork or Kerry supporters in that stand?
    Thanks in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

dos29 wrote: »
    Apolagies if I'm off topic, but I've been told by the better half that we just got tickets in the Davin stand for the game Sunday.

Just curious if anyone can tell me if it'll mostly be Cork or Kerry supporters in that stand?
    Thanks in advance...

Probably 50-50 dos. You might have more Cork/Kerry people close to you, depending where you got your tickets, but it'll prob be a bit of both.

The Hill is prob the only place where Cork will have a huge majority of fans.

^^^^^^Rebel Fan
    Are you sure Kerry are in City West, I thought they were in the D4 (Jurys Hotel) in Ballsbridge????

• Advertisement

careca wrote: »
    Probably 50-50 dos. You might have more Cork/Kerry people close to you, depending where you got your tickets, but it'll prob be a bit of both.

The Hill is prob the only place where Cork will have a huge majority of fans.

^^^^^^Rebel Fan
    Are you sure Kerry are in City West, I thought they were in the D4 (Jurys Hotel) in Ballsbridge????

Was looking on a Kerry mesage board last week and they all seemed to think they were staying there

Advertisement