Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork/Kerry All-Ireland Football Final

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Did anyone think the Cussens switch was strange? When he came on I fully expected him to go in at full forward as it was obvious at this stage that Cork needed a goal. To put him out around midfield made no sense to me. Cork were already getting enough possession at this stage, it was just that Kerry were stifling them from 50 yards out. Surely the right option was to put Cussens in around the square and pump high ball in from 50 yards?

I know its never that simple, but I just thought it was strange where he came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Cork by more then 5 points
    in all fairness, they could have put 10 men inside and they still wouldnt have won, Kerry were not going to be beaten the last day IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Kerry by less then 5 points
    Lads im only back now from all the celebrations :D

Had a great night sat night drinking till 5am up sun at 11am in to town great atmosphere around.

Into Croker for second half of Minor yet again Mayo collapse when pressure comes on.:rolleyes:

Cork had a savage start in fairness but Kerry quickly got to grips and were unlucky not to be up more at halftime.

Second half Kerry were very mean with the Ball while Cork were the opposite, Kicking everything badly and blindly.

Massive performance from T Walsh 2 from each foot :eek:

Seamus Scanlon impressed as well

Nervous last 10 mins when it could have gone either way.

Unbelievable to run on to pitch after final whistle and no protest, so easy.

Paul Galvin lifted up beside me and roared his heart out, what a moment ill never forget. Love him or loathe you have to admire him for his work ethic.

Great speech by Darren apparrent to see what it means to player and fans on the pitch after the match. Everyone was so ecstatic. Great times, i'll never forget.

Down to Killarney Mon evening for a MASSIVE reception for the champions. :)

Drinking with the lads till 5 in the morning all having the time of their life

To the Cork lads here hard luck no shane in losing to the Team of the Decade

Liver a bit shook but flying to Munich in the Morning fot the Beerfest

What recession? :D;):p:):eek::P:P:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Cork by less then 5 points
    in all fairness, they could have put 10 men inside and they still wouldnt have won, Kerry were not going to be beaten the last day IMO.

no need to be a bad winner homerjay. in fairness, cussen changed the munster final in 08 so he may or may not have done something. nothing was happening inside for the last 12 minutes, i thought it was poor of counihan to just let it be really. at least cussen would have been something new and different to deal with, although the kerry backs were awesome, it was evenually made far too easy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Kerry by less then 5 points
    corcaigh07 wrote: »
    no need to be a bad winner homerjay. in fairness, cussen changed the munster final in 08 so he may or may not have done something. nothing was happening inside for the last 12 minutes, i thought it was poor of counihan to just let it be really. at least cussen would have been something new and different to deal with, although the kerry backs were awesome, it was evenually made far too easy for them.
    Im not sure what you mean by him being a bad winner.
    He's simply making the point that Kerry were so determined, it didn't matter what Cork were going to do, Kerry would have adapted. It was just our mindset on the day.

Thats what I picked up from it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Im not sure what you mean by him being a bad winner.
    He's simply making the point that Kerry were so determined, it didn't matter what Cork were going to do, Kerry would have adapted. It was just our mindset on the day.

Thats what I picked up from it anyway.

I agree witht that ya know. Kerry have this mindset in there head that there going win no matter how good or bad the opposition are. Wish our footballers could do same

It's striking though the difference in the mindset between or hurlers and footballers. Maybe not in recent times but within my life time the amount of times the Cork footballers have threw away games (most these to kerry) and the amount of times the hurlers look beaten and come back to win.

As my dad has said Cork have went to Croke park with 15 great footballers (1974-95 and 2009 spring mind) and won nothing but have had 15 poor hurlers and won the all-ireland (1986-90-99 in my time).

They talk about tradition but in GAA and it seems to be there more and more then ever. Only talking from few of top my head but recently Cork cant beat Kerry in croker. Clare cant beat Cork in Munster Final,day (hurling) Westmenth cant beat Meath.

I think in the mindset the game was won at half time on Sunday.Dont know but going down through the years I have seen Cork miss so many chances to put away teams but they cant. Also opposite of Kerry. They get a chance and they take it. Kilkenny are the same also down the years they also won all-irelands when they looked in serious trouble even this year.

But both Kerry and Kilkenny know how put teams away at present.

Im starting to think will Cork ever win a football all-ireland at this stage.

Sunday is going do lot of harm in the mindset of the players. 10 semi finals since 1993 and 4 all-ireland defeats its been costly supporting the team I love with so much heartbreak.

But we will keep ther faith

Advertisement