Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork/Kerry All-Ireland Football Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Will the fear of losing two finals in a row be a big factor for kerry?
    Anybody know if this ever happened to kerry before?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Kerry by less then 5 points
    BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Will the fear of losing two finals in a row be a big factor for kerry?
    Anybody know if this ever happened to kerry before?
    In answer to you're first question... No Kerry are never fearful when playing in Croke Park.

As for netwhizzkid being Cocky Orizo... read the last 50 posts from Corkmen/women and you'll see what cocky is. Delighted here in Kerry as Cork are setting themselves up for a big fall.

Ciarraí Abú

p.s Still don't have tickets. pm with all your spares :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭dhorgan3

Draw
    A cute hoor are u ddc?? :) I see there has been no posts on the kerry discussion thread in a while....its that cute hoorism that gets ye across the line when it matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

Cork by more then 5 points
    Well well well, jeez Cork people are ultra confident for Sunday, are ye forgetting the last 4 times ye played us in Croker lads??? Never seen people so angry as Corkonians leaving Croker those days, ye really do hate us don't ye, the words bitter and jealous spring to mind. However, I do myself fancy Cork, think Kerry's best chance is to get a couple of early scores and raise the old Croke Park doubts in ye're heads again. Got a funny feeling many of the cork posters will be giving this thread a wide berth on Sunday evening,

Ciarrai Abu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

powerfade wrote: »
    Well well well, jeez Cork people are ultra confident for Sunday, are ye forgetting the last 4 times ye played us in Croker lads??? Never seen people so angry as Corkonians leaving Croker those days, ye really do hate us don't ye, the words bitter and jealous spring to mind. However, I do myself fancy Cork, think Kerry's best chance is to get a couple of early scores and raise the old Croke Park doubts in ye're heads again. Got a funny feeling many of the cork posters will be giving this thread a wide berth on Sunday evening,

Ciarrai Abu

Ooooh I like it.C'mon Orizio,where are you???:D:D:D

As a person rooting for Cork neutral,it will be interesting to see if Kerry fans avoid this thread if they were to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

blackbelt wrote: »

As a person rooting for Cork neutral,it will be interesting to see if Kerry fans avoid this thread if they were to lose.

Meh, not that bothered. Cork will probably get hammered again, just like the Kerry lads NWK, DDC, that newbie chap etc say. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm suprised your going for Cork BB, a quick look over at Reservoir Dubs suggests a most incredible and deep loathing for all things Cork.

Orizio wrote: »
    I'm suprised your going for Cork BB, a quick look over at Reservoir Dubs suggests a most incredible and deep loathing for all things Cork.

I usually avoid reading ReservoirDubs forum on intercounty football and the Dublin team as I think they basically repeat each other over and over again.For me,Res Dubs is better on Dublin match days but I primarily use it for the club scene.

As for going for Cork,it isn't the fact that I have a particular grá for either team but I would rather see a team who played the better football,won their province (beating Kerry already) win Sam.I got a lot of respect for Cork after they bullied Tyrone out of the championship and beat them at their own game of swarming all over them and taking it to them.They also outclassed Kerry back in June with a great display of open and direct football.Conor Counihan certainly has Cork well prepared for each team by employing a tactically style of football that opposition just can't seem to handle.Donegal thought the option of dropping back would confuse Cork but it was the worst deployed tactic I have ever seen in Croke Park.My only worry for Cork is the diagonal ball into the Kerry forwards.I believe this to be something Cork haven't picked up on.

This Kerry team have been producing awful performances most of this championship and I think it would be a terrible reflection on the state of intercounty football standards if Kerry were to win Sam playing the way they have during the summer.It would be a terrible reflection on Dublin,Meath and Cork especially.

Since July they have been there for the taking.Longford and Sligo showed how bad Kerry were when they made them struggle.Antrim wasn't a comfortable ride either.The Dublin game has been the one performance where Kerry have looked like their old selves but some Dublin players just threw in the towel while others who didn't give up just panicked.That is hardly a measure of how good Kerry are when they aren't in a competitive match.I believe Kerry were terrible again and played to the same style of the Sligo game when they came up against Meath.Again they were there to be beaten by a team who had any realistic hope of winning Sam yet Meath managed to conjure up a worse performance.

I just hope that this won't be the case if Kerry win and that both teams play some good,competitive football.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

Draw
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ciarrai Abu

my dear man what you talking about we have more far more success in both codes combined then ye. its not just football in cork.

As for bitter who called ye fans shower of animals again?

o an read those posts again you find kerry fews kerry fans sayiong they have nothing else do but turn up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

They talk of Dublin in the glens of Antrim and around the lakes of Killarney, however Cork are in for the biggest shock of their lives come this Sunday. I am quitely confident but also a realist, Kerry to win with a massive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Draw

Ciarrai Abu

ya will be too busy celebrating
    probably be back on tuesday.....evening

mike mc carthy to be destroyed on sun,imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Marty Duffy has been appointed as ref- what a clown- bad decision imo.

Marty Duffy has been appointed as ref- what a clown- bad decision imo.

I don't think he is the best referee around but his appointment is fair enough.I am just wondering what he did to rile the likes of Cork and Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Heard that Tommy is in for Donnacha, only change from Meath game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

For those of you that think that Kerry people are arrogant I put this little tune together ahead of the semi-finals.
    Pity sometimes things don't quite work out:D

Into Autumn and into battle
    Tyrone and Mickey Harte will get a rattle
    Jack O’ Connor it will be an honour
    To welcome home our favourite winning sons

Written off, by one Joe Brolly
    Sure we all know that he is off his trolley
    And then of course, there is Liam Hayes
    Kerry's going to leave him in a daze

This is a great Kerry team
    From Finuge and all the way to Sneem
    We may not be going for 5 in a row
    But 5 from 10 and team of the decade in tow

What is Cork? Something for bottles
    If we needed too, to them we would have throttled
    But we choose the back door route
    For Longford, Sligo and Antrim we were too cute

Then to Croker and not a hope
    We told the expectant Dublin dope
    The ball thrown in and it was over
    The Gooch, a goal, a true Kerry rover

So then the royals we owed them one
    Back in 2001 they left us numb
    With pride and passion throughout the field
    Another convincing victory we sealed

And so September and the red hand
    Those Ulster boys are in for an awful land
    Sam Maguire your coming home
    Tyrone only had you on a loan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Snow White and the 7 dwarfs were involved in a serious car crash. The ambulance arrived to find bodies all over the place, with no sign of life. Then they hear a voice saying "CORK are going to win the All Ireland". Chief fire officer says, "Quick, over there. Dopey must still be alive". :)

Darragh Ó Sé's house was robbed last nite, 5 all ireland senior medals, 9 munster championships and four All Stars Awards were taken. Nicholas Murphy's house was robbed as well. They took a couple of saucepans and a copy of Johnny Logans CD "Whats another year"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Draw
    It is with great anticipation that I look forward to reading over these posts on Monday as Sam enters Mallow train station and heads for Cork !! Rebels to bring Sam home, with a bit of a swagger I might add, just to rub it into Darragh on the day he finally calls it a day after being out fought in Croker.

Ah jaysus, the Rebels can't take a bit of banter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Draw
    cant beat the you tube kerry animal link its fkn brilliant

Kerry team announced tonight
    Thursday, 17 September 2009

(1) Diarmuid Murphy (Dingle)
    (2) Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)
    (3) Tommy Griffin (Dingle)
    (4) Tom O’Sullivan (Rathmore)
    (5) Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)
    (6) Mike McCarthy (Kilcummin)
    (7) Killian Young (Renard)
    (8) Darragh Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)
    (9) Seamus Scanlon (Currow)
    10) Paul Galvin (Finuge)
    (11) Declan O’Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada)
    (12) Tadhg Kennelly (Listowel Emmett’s)
    (13) Colm Cooper (Dr. Crokes)
    (14) Tommy Walsh (Kerins O'Rahilly)
    (15) Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) (Captain)

Would have prefered Donnacha Walsh for Balance, but I'll take it.

Ciarraí Abú

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

Draw

Lol, in fairness i think most neutrals arent really neutral. Id say most would like to see Cork get their hands on it. Would be nice to be able to add another team finally to the recent winners list. Had to recheck what i voted for here and its Cork by less than 5. Really think this match has the makings of a cracker. Too often tho you expect a great final and it lets down but the hurlers lived up to the hype so hope the footballers will also.

Oh wait...does this clash with Man U v City? Could someone keep me updated on the final cos i probably wont see it ;)

Joke of course lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Im neutral (Wicklow)

Cork to win.

Bigger,stronger, and they have beaten better teams on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Im going to be cocky for once. I am superconfidient that Cork will hammer Kerry on sunday by at least 5 points. Cork are the formed team, Kerry will go home empty handed and history will be created come sunday. The previous meetings will be long forgotten and most of all we wont be dancing around the xmas tree this year in Cork instead we will be dancing around Sam Maguire. The wait is over, the time is now. The Kingdom will come and the Kingdom will go.

There's been a missing person in Cork for 19 odd years. But today come sunday the 20th that missing person will be found live and well, sam maguire is coming home back to Leeside. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Draw
    Cork by 3 i reckon. As a neutral all i want is a great game.

But just think Cork have that bit more this year..i can see them leading by 2 pts into injury time. Kerry going for goal messing up and Cork sweep down the other end to knock over the clinching point to make it a 3 pt game!! Kick out and final whistle goes!

I may put a bet on that now after that moment of inspiration!! :)

Whats red and white and goes beep beep beep??

The Cork victory bus reversing into the garage on Sunday evening.

The most langerish I head today was, We're Red, We're White, We're F@cking dynamite. *spontaneously vomits*

Tommy Walsh will let Alan Quirke seeing stars and busy retrieving balls from the Cork net on Sunday and wait and see.

• Advertisement

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Whats red and white and goes beep beep beep??

The Cork victory bus reversing into the garage on Sunday evening.

The most langerish I head today was, We're Red, We're White, We're F@cking dynamite. *spontaneously vomits*

Tommy Walsh will let Alan Quirke seeing stars and busy retrieving balls from the Cork net on Sunday and wait and see.

I can see Tommy Walsh messing up like last year and being taken off!! :D

Advertisement