Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

lafors wrote: »
    OK, so 7 mins of streaming via 3G used up just under 3mb.
    Thats a lot!

I ran up something similar.

Grand job if I'm somewhere with free wifi, but wont be using it on 3g thats for sure, especially on my data pln : /

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I posted a link to the last fm app on the previous (previous) page...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Baza210 wrote: »
    Nobody listens :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Handcent seems to have disappeared from the market today (posts all over the place about it). Anyone have a direct link?

Also, love that gmote app.. now I can hook the laptop to the telly and control the playback from the other side of the room :D

I know there's no VLC player yet, but anything that would play most of the common video formats in the interim?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Handcent seems to have disappeared from the market today (posts all over the place about it). Anyone have a direct link?

Also, love that gmote app.. now I can hook the laptop to the telly and control the playback from the other side of the room :D

I know there's no VLC player yet, but anything that would play most of the common video formats in the interim?
    There is a program called yxflash but it's pretty buggy and can stutter from time to time.

Coreplayer (VLC for phones) is being worked on but as of yet it's unreleased.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Really ? Awesome.......toddles off to download gmote...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Gmote also streams your music to your phone over wi-fi (although this is still beta)

Handcent I stopped using

It wouldnt allow me create a new message, as in select a contact so I had to go back to htc messaging

Weird..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Handcent I stopped using

It wouldnt allow me create a new message, as in select a contact so I had to go back to htc messaging

Weird..

My Handcent went loopy after i installed 2.2 so i stopped using it and went back to the stock SMS app. I installed an update for Handcent a couple of days ago and it's fine now. I've had 2 more updates since,including one a few minutes ago.

lord lucan wrote: »
    My Handcent went loopy after i installed 2.2 so i stopped using it and went back to the stock SMS app. I installed an update for Handcent a couple of days ago and it's fine now. I've had 2 more updates since,including one a few minutes ago.

Its working now all of a sudden

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

lord lucan wrote: »

Mine went a bit crazy when I got 2.2 as well. Delivery reports seem to work differently now as in it sends me a message instead of just a tick beside the message. Using chompsms for the time being.

Gonna give gmote a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭grumpygit

As its World cup time how about World DroidCup to keep track of all fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

grumpygit wrote: »
    As its World cup time how about World DroidCup to keep track of all fixtures

ta-daa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Anyone using Chomp SMS on 2.2? Mine is acting weird!! Showing wrong or previous message preview for messages in inbox!!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

anyone know when the android update is out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

My most recent ego boost, i thought my head would explode.

"Hey man, you got an iphone?"

"Yeah, whats that?"

It the new HTC desire".

"What can it do?" (Condescending tone)

Start gmote, turn on laptop..... wait for reaction.

"Holy ****!!!....ugh... how????? OMG!!!"

Go cry little apple kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭igor420

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    My most recent ego boost, i thought my head would explode.

"Hey man, you got an iphone?"

"Yeah, whats that?"

It the new HTC desire".

"What can it do?" (Condescending tone)

Start gmote, turn on laptop..... wait for reaction.

"Holy ****!!!....ugh... how????? OMG!!!"

Go cry little apple kid.

I got the HTC desire a few days ago.
    It is a great phone and i am well impressed with it.
    I had the iphone for 2 years with the appstore, installous/app tracker/appcake. So i had access to any app i wanted for free.

I have to say i am let down big time with the android app store.
    The top games are solitaire, connect 4 etc.

I know the iphone apps have had a good few years head start on the android one and we dont have access to the paid apps. I just feel massively let down by the choice of games.

igor420 wrote: »
    I got the HTC desire a few days ago.
    It is a great phone and i am well impressed with it.
    I had the iphone for 2 years with the appstore, installous/app tracker/appcake. So i had access to any app i wanted for free.

I have to say i am let down big time with the android app store.
    The top games are solitaire, connect 4 etc.

I know the iphone apps have had a good few years head start on the android one and we dont have access to the paid apps. I just feel massively let down by the choice of games.

Give it time.

Im going to get the new iphone when its out, ill use my dads upgrade to get it on the cheap. ;)

Then ill decide which one i will keep.

I can see myself keeping the android as it has more to give than the iphone. So much potential that i hope wont be wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭igor420

Give it time.

Im going to get the new iphone when its out, ill use my dads upgrade to get it on the cheap. ;)

Then ill decide which one i will keep.

I can see myself keeping the android as it has more to give than the iphone. So much potential that i hope wont be wasted.

I agree completely, it has so much potential. Plus i hear that there are more apps getting submitted to the the android app store than the apple one.

Just felt let down when i opened up the android app store.

I played alot of games on my iphone. 70% were useless but 30% were gold. Seems like 99% of the games on the android market are useless.

I took a peak at the Paid games on the net and it dose not look much better.

Time will definitely bring quality games to android. I just miss angy birds, peggle, doodle jump, gta etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Well rumour has it a Play Station emulator for android is on its way. Will that keep you happy ?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭long_b

Baza210 wrote: »

Crashed my Nexus running Froyo - uninstalled.

That was on the train though ... anyway ...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Just installed that gmote app, and it is fantastic.

5starpool wrote: »
    Just installed that gmote app, and it is fantastic.

Hearing alot bout it, whats it all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hearing alot bout it, whats it all about?

You install a server on your pc and Gmote on your Android device. When they hook up, you can use the device to control the mouse and use the keyboard. You can also browse and control music on your PC.

Brilliant app :)

johnp wrote: »
    You install a server on your pc and Gmote on your Android device. When they hook up, you can use the device to control the mouse and use the keyboard. You can also browse and control music on your PC.

Brilliant app :)

Brill!!

Had the logitech version on my ipod so this sounds the same, tis a brilliant little thing

installing that minute i get home.

Anyone come across a VLC remote for android?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Gmote is v cool :-)
    Streaming music from PC to play on the phone is a nice touch

I can play music through the phone.

Can anyone get videos to stream to the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I can play music through the phone.

Can anyone get videos to stream to the phone?

Got it to play mp4 file no problem. Won't play wmv, mpeg, avi, mkv or flv at the moment. They'll probably fix that though as it develops.

It really is amazingly quick and responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

gmote +1

i succumb to the hype here, it's a sweet little app. . .oh how it will aid my laziness :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

limpdd wrote: »
    Gmote is v cool :-)
    Streaming music from PC to play on the phone is a nice touch

How do you do that?
    I can only use it as a remote to play music on the PC?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement