Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Newhand wrote: »
    Can any recommend a good launcher? All I want is the wallpapers to scroll again as I flip through my home screens. So doesn't need to be very intensive.

I used to use nova last year but I found it was blocking my GPS for some reason.

Hard to choose because there are so many of them! I'm sticking with stock on my HTC One at the moment, but the 3rd party launcher that I used for the longest was Atom. have a look at it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dlto.atom.launcher&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Newhand

Cheers, will give that one a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I'm looking for a launcher that keeps the app icon and widget icons on the same level.
    I have the standard grid of icons and any icon that's a widget is much higher than the normal icons.
    Using Nova at the moment, but Apex is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Can anyone recommend an ad-blocker that doesn't require root? Or does one even exist?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

dulpit wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an ad-blocker that doesn't require root? Or does one even exist?

I think ad block plus can be used without root but you have to go into chrome setting and change the DNS routing numbers IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Newhand wrote: »
    Can any recommend a good launcher? All I want is the wallpapers to scroll again as I flip through my home screens. So doesn't need to be very intensive.

I used to use nova last year but I found it was blocking my GPS for some reason.

You could try this...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lwp.superluminar.swallpaper

Rather than installing a launcher this will use an existing image on your phone and spread it across your home screens. It's very customisable and worked well with my last phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I am looking for a movie player that is free and i can install on my sons tablet. I just want it to play each file I have ( various formats ) one after another in the folder they are in. I have mx player on my user account but it wont let me put it on his one for some reason :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

daytob wrote: »
    I am looking for a movie player that is free and i can install on my sons tablet. I just want it to play each file I have ( various formats ) one after another in the folder they are in. I have mx player on my user account but it wont let me put it on his one for some reason :mad:

Should be no reason you can't install it, it's the player I'd have recommended

Have you tried VLC?

yep tried it and cant find a way to play each file one after another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Try Mobo Player, not sure if it has the option to play one file after another (playlist function?) or not as I never needed that function myself - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clov4r.android.nil

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

daytob wrote: »

Can't you just extract the apk of mx player and send copy to your son's tablet. Might not work, but worth a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

dulpit wrote: »
    yeah i'd like a good one that doesn't require root.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Should be no reason you can't install it, it's the player I'd have recommended

Mx doesn't seem to have a streaming option though. (or am I wrong?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Try Dice player. I find it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

the young fella is mad about dinosaurs . any recommendations for games /apps ? his favorite is carnivores: dinosaur hunter

Sorted it, bs player which I thought I had installed and it didnt work but working now. thanks for all the help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just realised the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 has an IR blaster. Anyone got any app recommendations to let my tab act as a remote control?
    Scratch that. Turns out it's not on the european version. :mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Is there a World Cup Wallchart type app?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I just recently added all the games to my google calendar, not quiet what your looking for but similar! http://www.worldcupbrazilcalendar.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Android Police have an article on World Cup apps for those looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

I used to have Fotmob Pro but I found it had annoying bugs like the inability to turn off push notifications....the bleeding things kept coming in. Changed to OneFootball/TheFootball App and I am much happier these days. :)
    Been using this app since Xmas and I have never come across the bugs you speak of. To turn off notifications I the select a league tab once you untick the notification bell you turn off the notifications for that league. If you have a favourite time selected you also need to remove them. Just disabling push notifications in the settings is not enough.

Fair enough....it's not the first time I've talked a load of bollocks....I'll give it another look especially as it did cost me a few quid! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I am using this one. Seems great so far Jalvasco World Cup 2014 app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jalvasco.football.worldcup

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

Not an app but some may be interested in this:

How to add the World Cup 2014 schedule to Google Calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭corkie

Flipps HD (Formerly iMediaShare HD) - Amazon Free App of the day!

Supported players:
    ✦ Internet-connected TVs by Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, LG & Philips
    ✦ XBox 360, Apple TV

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

irishbuzz wrote: »
    Not an app but some may be interested in this:

How to add the World Cup 2014 schedule to Google Calendar

Thanks for that, should come in handy.

I use Cal as my calendar app, I have the full schedule on my Google Calendar now, and have my Cal app syncd with my gouge ID, but for some reason it hasn't puked that schedule in... Any idea why that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks for that, should come in handy.

I use Cal as my calendar app, I have the full schedule on my Google Calendar now, and have my Cal app syncd with my gouge ID, but for some reason it hasn't puked that schedule in... Any idea why that is?

You might need to go into Cal and see if there is a setting for different "calendars" e.g. work etc. Some apps require you to tick a box for the calendars they display. The World Cup schedule is likely to be a separate calendar.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

BenThere wrote: »
    You might need to go into Cal and see if there is a setting for different "calendars" e.g. work etc. Some apps require you to tick a box for the calendars they display. The World Cup schedule is likely to be a separate calendar.

Ben

Yep cheers, that worked a treat.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Looking for a file xfer app for an unrooted Nexus 10, came across OTG Disk Explorer Lite, its free and limited to 30mb files, paid version €2.24 is not limited by file size, but...using the free version with my S3 its not limited by filesize.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement