Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Not into games much but dumb ways to die is pretty fun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Was looking at some keyboards but they all cost money, is there no way at all to get them for free so I can try them out? I don't mind paying a few quid for something but it's a waste if I don't like it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

jozi wrote: »
    Was looking at some keyboards but they all cost money, is there no way at all to get them for free so I can try them out? I don't mind paying a few quid for something but it's a waste if I don't like it at all!

Try SwiftKey. It has a free trial version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I didn't like it at all. I use Swype but I wanted to try out 8Pen and Minuum but both cost money, which I don't want to pay for something I might not like to use after a few days.

8pen has a game though which I might try out to familiarize myself with the layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is anyone else having problems with Themer? I have the app and they e-mailed me a beta code but I still can't get it working. It seems like the app can't connect because I couldn't sign up for a code using the app when I first got it, I had to do it through the website and now it won't accept my code. I uninstalled and re-installed the app, cleared the data and still no go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I installed PalmSol windows8 launcher which looks quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Lardy wrote: »
    Try the Aviate launcher. You need an invite code to activate it as it's in a closed beta. I have 3 codes left at the moment, but going fast. Check out the thread about it. :)

Hi Lardy,

Would you mind if I asked for one of you codes please?! :o

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Is the Therm beta closed? Can't get it to send the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Keno wrote: »
    Is the Therm beta closed? Can't get it to send the email.

You can request a code on their site http://themerapp.com/ but I was having the same problem and now that I have a code it won't work, posted about it a few posts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MrBizzles

Im addicted to Fun Ways To Die, passes time when traveling or sitting doing nothing. Great fun!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭batistuta9

anyone know a launcher that allows you to order apps in your own order
    installed apex there but it doesn't seem to let you do it

and a good weather widget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

batistuta9 wrote: »

and a good weather widget

As I remember, Nova Launcher does this, but I haven't used it in a few months since getting the HTC One.

batistuta9 wrote: »

Yea you can do this with Nova. I use it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Amazon's free app of the day is Tiny Thief. Short but fantastic game (fun for kids and adults too).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EAIMGDW/ref=mas_faad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Mr E wrote: »
    Amazon's free app of the day is Tiny Thief. Short but fantastic game (fun for kids and adults too).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EAIMGDW/ref=mas_faad

I bought that full price when it came out, great game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭batistuta9

jgbyr wrote: »
    Yea you can do this with Nova. I use it all the time.

you sure?

you can't on the free version & the even in the paid version you can't really do it, going by the forums, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Swiftkey is sale again with 50% off for today only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

toby2111 wrote: »
    ... Not sure on the legality of it...

It's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

So what "could" happen to those of us who use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

nothing mate...Its just another file hosting site (albeit a bit better according to the reviews) that will be shutdown eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

The forum mods will call around to your door & cut your liathróidi off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nice twist so you don't get a ban. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A ban is easier.... :)

I had to remove a lot of posts talking about certain things, can we try not discuss dodgy apps etc please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Bloody hell, thanks a lot Davy.

Could someone be kind enough to pm me the APK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Bloody hell, thanks a lot Davy.

Could someone be kind enough to pm me the APK?

Here ya go!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

Thanks to whoever posted the TV and movies app for android, now deleted from the thread.

Since Blinkbox no longer accepts non UK based visa cards, I needed something for movies. And since wtso.tv shutdown I needed something, to watch the latest simpsons.

The fore mentioned app works great in bluestacks, so can connect my laptop to my TV to watch movies again.

Regards
    John

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

corkie wrote: »
    The fore mentioned app works great in bluestacks, so can connect my laptop to my TV to watch movies again.

My crappy laptop wouldn't run that Bluestacks,said something about graphics card.Is there any other way to run android apps on a laptop?
    And is there anyway to put that fore mentoned app (and other apps) onto an Xbox360 so I could use it on that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

My crappy laptop wouldn't run that Bluestacks,said something about graphics card.Is there any other way to run android apps on a laptop?
    And is there anyway to put that fore mentoned app (and other apps) onto an Xbox360 so I could use it on that?

http://www.genymotion.com/
    Haven't tried but you might run into the same problem with your graphics card.

Try searching google for "android emulator"

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement