Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Hi Guys,

Whats the best alarm clock app? I need one that allows snooze for more than 3 times and has multiple snooze timing options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Hi Guys,

Whats the best alarm clock app? I need one that allows snooze for more than 3 times and has multiple snooze timing options.

Doubletwist works for me. Also has option to keep clock displayed all night.

RangeR wrote: »
    Doubletwist works for me. Also has option to keep clock displayed all night.

Sound ill give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Hi Guys,

Maybe just set the alarm for a later time :)

Never works I get up grouchy :P

• Advertisement

Spot on. I have two or three alarms set. All within 30 minutes of each other. I can be sloppy in the morning so even if I dismiss the first alarm, I know that there will be two more within 30 minutes. Each one of those alarms can be snoozed more than 3 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Hi Guys,

+1 on DoubleTwist, their Music player is brilliant as well, the premium version allows you to download your podcasts also.

RangeR wrote: »
    Spot on. I have two or three alarms set. All within 30 minutes of each other. I can be sloppy in the morning so even if I dismiss the first alarm, I know that there will be two more within 30 minutes. Each one of those alarms can be snoozed more than 3 times.

Im In that routine years trust me im the worst sleeper ever I used to work nights because of my awful pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

hi folks. yesterday i downloaded kickass torrents and utorrent.

However when i download music the only music player that will play the music is vlc, which im not too keen on for music.

Any decent reccomendations for music players? paid or free.

Or any clue how to get my music from utorrent to my music apps.

I have the stock S4 music app and the free version of mx player.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

rogieop wrote: »
    hi folks. yesterday i downloaded kickass torrents and utorrent.

However when i download music the only music player that will play the music is vlc, which im not too keen on for music.

Any decent reccomendations for music players? paid or free.

Or any clue how to get my music from utorrent to my music apps.

I have the stock S4 music app and the free version of mx player.

To get the music to appear in your stick player, you will need to move the downloaded file fRom downloads to music, in the file explorer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    To get the music to appear in your stick player, you will need to move the downloaded file fRom downloads to music, in the file explorer.

file explorer? :o

edit, never mind. just downloaded one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Huh, is anyone getting errors trying to install something from Play store around now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Huh, is anyone getting errors trying to install something from Play store around now?

Me to...

Someone tripped over a cable in Google! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, getting "error processing purchase"! :(

looks like she's back for me, now I can post
    AntTek Explorer Ex (File Manager with root) is a nice looking one, I was using Solid Explorer and ES File Explorer for a while, the AntTek one has nice visuals!

Any recommended apps for cinema listings (not Cineworld etc)? Entertainment.ie one is hideous (basically a stretched port of their iPhone app).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Basq wrote: »
    Any recommended apps for cinema listings (not Cineworld etc)? Entertainment.ie one is hideous.

m.entertainment.ie? This is an obvious case (to me) where an app adds no value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Flixster?
    It does more than cinema times but that is all I use it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

Basq wrote: »
    Any recommended apps for cinema listings (not Cineworld etc)? Entertainment.ie one is hideous (basically a stretched port of their iPhone app).

I find IMDb super for cinema listings ,or anything to do with films.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads..

.. fecking local cinema aren't showing the movie I wanna see!

Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Can anyone else search on the play app? Doesn't seem to be working for me, no search results come up

Can anyone else search on the play app? Doesn't seem to be working for me, no search results come up
    Working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

All good here too. Just double checked to be safe.

*ontopic*

Fantastic Lock-Screen mod, based on Moto X features.
    Dynamic Notifications

Easy to change the look, has a bit of gesture control etc and very responsive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Sonic All Stars Racing.

A fun adaptation of the console versions.
    Graphics aren't the best, but the fun, fan paced racing makes up for that. If anyone else plays this, PM me to add me on Google. I need people to race with.

None of my friends seems to actually purchase apps???

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Any recommendations for fun pass n play games for tablet use?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Any recommendations for fun pass n play games for tablet use?

Worms 2 Armageddon is fun. Controls take a bit of getting used to though.

OMG I can't believe it. It's been out on PS3 for years. Came to iPad last year and finally, two days ago, it comes to Android.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you all.... Mushroom Wars. It's "free".

Fun to play in single player mode. Absolutely addictive in online multiplayer. It upsets me, though. They have gone with the IAP and PayToWin model. You cannot progress in the single player mode, passed level 12 without purchasing "acorns". Top tier of acorns is €80. This is fookin ridiculous. Many PayToWin games have these stacked tiers, which makes me believe that there are a small handful of companies contracted to write/port these games.

Anyway, Multiplayer doesn't seem to be hampered in this way. Great fun. Been playing it since last night, blowing the competition out of the water. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I downloaded this game recently and found it pretty good. Can be finished without in-app purchases which is always a bonus!

Stickman Donwhill

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.djinnworks.StickmanDownhill

Another game I was playing lately and again can be finished without in-app purchases

Bunny Skater

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dq.zombieskater.main

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I have been playing this, Motoheroz

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.redlynx.motoheroz

There are in app purchases but I am still playing away without getting stopped just yet. I have a feeling that i will only be able to go so far before getting stopped. I will uninstall when that happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement