Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

copeyhagen wrote: »
    pve elements, instances / dungeons, raids, rep stuff, pvp etc.

is there any group events at 80, kinda like dungeons?

there are dungeons, events and PVP.

How come on Rift, warhammer online and star wars MMO all had no end game content?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

copeyhagen wrote: »
    whats orr?!

but yeh, thats soemthing that would keep me busy at 80 :D

If you're like me, you'll have done all but one of the dungeons by the time your 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Magill wrote: »
    If you're like me, you'll have done all but one of the dungeons by the time your 80.

Thats kind of impressive tbh, some of the explorable paths are tricky with a good 80s geared grp, to have done them all by 80 is impressive.

24 dungeons and you done 23? Or do you mean the overall dungeons so 7/8(not inc the 3 paths and story mode of each) and if you just done story mode then you really cant count it as 'doing' then dungeon, story modes are just demos rly.

Also anyone here on blacktide i know theres alot of irish on it, they are in Tier1 wvw now with deso and vS, been on deso since start so been ups and downs but its nice to see blacktide in tier1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That shore content is out next weekend 16th -18th november

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Haven't finished the game yet (on level ~67 atm), but really looking forward to the Lost Shores updates.
    Also, for people who have hit the top in terms of level and gear, there's this:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

The Guild Wars 2 website has been up and down all day, just in case the link doesn't work.

• Advertisement

More information on Fractal Dungeons here, they sound really cool!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/leah-rivera-on-the-new-fractals-of-the-mist-dungeon/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TRYing to do the dungeon in the new content released,stuck in the marsh,keep getting blocked off my walls when returning the clefts :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Much as I hate to admit it, I must now eat my own words and admit I'm quite bored. I have only done 2 dungeons on story mode, the lack of a dungeon group finder is really bugging me. Standing around randomly waiting for a dungeon party to form is not something I want to do.

To top it off, I've been away all week, logged in this morning and the entire thing is lagging, and auction house seems broken.

Ok, I'm just a bit crabby this morning, going to take a break and see later on.....

PS - Gunnar's Hold seems quite dead, has everyone moved elsewhere while I was away?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kai_Dante

Is there still an Irish guild on Gunnar's Hold? I just started playing again and would be interested in joining if there is one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

think im going to get back into this today, anything new and exciting since release?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

are they going to have a load of events like the lost shores happening throughout the year? if so thats pretty cool

think im going to get back into this today, anything new and exciting since release?

there's a one time event tonight in lions arch I think as part of the lost shore content,have you done any of the new content in lost shore?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

New area is grand, a 80 area with no risen is a win for me. Also the new dungeon is great. Think there is 9 different minidungeons in it, Ive done 6 and all were very fun with some very good mechanics.

It scales up in tier everytime you complete a 'round'(3 minis done) from like tier1-tier6.

On tier3 at the moment.

New area is grand, a 80 area with no risen is a win for me. Also the new dungeon is great. Think there is 9 different minidungeons in it, Ive done 6 and all were very fun with some very good mechanics.

It scales up in tier everytime you complete a 'round'(3 minis done) from like tier1-tier6.

On tier3 at the moment.

how do you do the swamp bit?

got some nice loot from that main event tonight :D

Well, over the weekend I managed to play a good bit for the first time in ages, and I still thoroughly enjoyed it. My main Ranger is at level 70 now, but I still have so much of the world to explore, not to mention all the other classes, and to a lesser extent, races.
    I really enjoyed the new Lost Shores event, although I found the amount of bugs to be quite disappointing, I understand that this was the first major game release since GW2 launched, didn't mean it wasn't frustrating at times though. I liked the new map as well, found it quite challenging, even being leveled up to 80, my gear obviously didn't scale up, so I spent a lot of the time playing tactically, and dodging enemies as opposed to straight up engaging them, especially as I was showing my level 8 friend around the area. I played the final event from the second part (driving the Ancient Karka back to its nest), and it was quite entertaining, though with my laptops specs it made it impossible for me to do little more than res, throw down heals and auto attack. And I got some nice loot from the chest as well, despite dying before the Karka was defeated (anyone else who played it, that stream of karka hatchlings was insane, right?)
    On a related note, have many of ye been on the Guild Wars 2 forums? Especially for the absolutely massive sh!tstorm that followed the update last Thursday? Rangers were promised a pretty big overhaul, and that didn't happen. I'm starting to lose my faith in humanity a little bit from going on to those forums now, and the reactions some people have had to the weekend event are a little over the top, in my opinion anyway. What did ye all think of the event?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

done the first part, just past the lighthouse at lions arch, that was grand.

then took the boat to the island and managed to run to the event where the demolition crew were planting explosives. so so buggy. couldnt see the adds even though i had like 60fps still.

the large karka just appeared in front of me when their hp dropped to about 5%, got steam rolled over about 15 times. everyone was having same problem, tried it for about 2 hours, was too frustrated so just logged out.

Had good craic last night, nice to see some of the guild members from CI talking in chat. And learned a valuable lesson in that it's really really hard to hold a beach head against legions of undead and a ship the fires giant fish, especially when there's only two of you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sounds like my holiday to Ibiza.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

So what are peoples over all opinion a few weeks in?
    Worth playing at all? Still tempted to buy it but not sure...

Would love a free trial period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Still worth your money, although I've since gone back to dayZ.
    Not a patch on the original guildwars, but still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Seaneh wrote: »

I played from release and gave up a good few weeks back at around level 67.

I found WvW to be boring and figured I was only playing to get to level 80 and stop, so I may as well stop now. So i did. Havn't touched it since.

Seaneh wrote: »

Still playing it, still loving it, but as is the same with all games/movies/books you're going to have a varied opinion on it from other people. Pity you didn't ask about a trial last week, because there was one all last weekend! No mention of when/if there'll be another one.
    Something I've also realised about the game, and the same can be said for most online games, is that it'll always take a few months for things to settle down and become stable in regards to gear, gameplay modes and how the game works overall. So there's still a good few months left of tweaking I reckon before the game falls into a stable pattern.
    It is nice though that new content has been brought out for the game already.

i am quite close to 100% two zones. the only thing that i need to do are one or two skill points and the vista's.

I am really enjoying this game. Enjoying it soo much that my wife says im an addict lol.

On saturday i teamed up with a party who had 2-3 people who all knew eachother in a new zone i encountered in the snow. level 40-50 zone and we did over half of the zone together playing for a few hours. i really enjoyed it. the guys and girls were really nice and friendly. nice banter and nice area. it was the dredgehaunt cliff.

i like that zone. it has some cool hidden caves there and down below south of the zone, there is loads of events happening filled with dredge enemies!

a nice chap from the party showed me how to get to the vista down the south of the zone. it was challenging. took us maybe 20mins to get to the vista climbing up the little tower mixed with some tricky jumping puzzles!

Trying to get to level 80 by xmas.

i am now level 54 :)

I dont play much fifa nowadays. i mean i love my footy games as some uf know but this game is too good to put down. cant wait to get to level 80 and then get another character to level 80 :)

i can see myself playing this game for months on end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

i am quite close to 100% two zones. the only thing that i need to do are one or two skill points and the vista's.

I am really enjoying this game. Enjoying it soo much that my wife says im an addict lol.

On saturday i teamed up with a party who had 2-3 people who all knew eachother in a new zone i encountered in the snow. level 40-50 zone and we did over half of the zone together playing for a few hours. i really enjoyed it. the guys and girls were really nice and friendly. nice banter and nice area. it was the dredgehaunt cliff.

i like that zone. it has some cool hidden caves there and down below south of the zone, there is loads of events happening filled with dredge enemies!

a nice chap from the party showed me how to get to the vista down the south of the zone. it was challenging. took us maybe 20mins to get to the vista climbing up the little tower mixed with some tricky jumping puzzles!

Trying to get to level 80 by xmas.

i am now level 54 :)

I dont play much fifa nowadays. i mean i love my footy games as some uf know but this game is too good to put down. cant wait to get to level 80 and then get another character to level 80 :)

i can see myself playing this game for months on end.

First mmo then Jonney? Beware the addiction!

I'm recently level 80.. Have been playing some sPvP in randoms. Still trying to figure out how I want to play the warrior in PvP. It's great that sPvP allows you to try every combination you can think of. Haven't done much WvW but will once I figure out my prefered playstyle.

Don't think a glass cannon build really works unless playing in an optimised group. Feeling much too squishy at the moment whilst playing with randoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭_Puma_

So I found the game to be stagnating a bit the past few weeks(bar the Halloween and Lost shore stuff) Had completed the Personal story of my character up to the last mission, which I might add, the design decision to have the last mission as a story mode dungeon to be stupid. WvW had a become a non contest for our server and Fractals and AC dungeon runs had started to become boring.

On Friday evening I decided it was time to retire my trusty Level 80 Sylvari Ranger.

At this stage I would have given up the game until the new expansion is released but I noticed my Charr Necromancer that I created on launch day(Created the character for the Birthday gifts and a bit of sPvP). Decided to give it a go.

By Sunday Evening I was Level 20 and had dropped €20 into the gem store for extra storage :o

I found the playstyle of the Necromancer to be really different to my Ranger, and to my delight, far more entertaining! The fact that the initial zones arent as populated any more makes doing the Dynamic events far more of a challenge and not as Zerg like like they were at launch. Definitely feel like this was the way they were intended to be like. Also discovered Crafting (Tailor and Artificiar). Had done a small bit of leatherworking with my ranger but never had the gold to put into it. Am currently a level 100 Tailor and 25 Artificiar.

I do realise that the personal story's all converge
    after the battle of claw Island
    but my Charr's initial personal story quests are really well written, especially for GW1 players and the Charr starter area, lots of "I remember that from Guild wars" moments.

Add to that our new Server matchup is far more competitive I will also be jumping back into WvW, and I finally found a competitive sPvP build for my ranger.

It seems I will be playing GW2 for a while yet!

Thanks for putting spoiler tags up Puma, I'm at level 79 and haven't finished my storyline yet! And I agree with your post, a similar thing happened to me (although I never got completely bored with the game), a few weeks in I made a Norn Guardian, and the difference in play-style, new crafting disciplines,and different initial story line got me hooked in a completely different direction! I had to force myself to go back to my human ranger, and am looking forward to finishing the story with him, just so I can go and play a different profession, even though I still enjoy the Ranger as well.

Playboy wrote: »
    First mmo then Jonney? Beware the addiction!

I'm recently level 80.. Have been playing some sPvP in randoms. Still trying to figure out how I want to play the warrior in PvP. It's great that sPvP allows you to try every combination you can think of. Haven't done much WvW but will once I figure out my prefered playstyle.

Don't think a glass cannon build really works unless playing in an optimised group. Feeling much too squishy at the moment whilst playing with randoms.

Hehe na i played WOW before and hated it and played rift for 2 months and got bored. so far this is a breath of fresh air

So the Guild Wars 2 Sub Forum is being evaluated soon: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056734636&page=3
    Go throw down your support if you haven't already done so. I for one think it'd be quite handy, there are times before where people have asked questions here and they've been missed due to the sheer number of comments in this thread, and if I need to ask a question I feel a bit odd starting a new thread in a general forum just for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

delta36 wrote: »
    So the Guild Wars 2 Sub Forum is being evaluated soon: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056734636&page=3
    Go throw down your support if you haven't already done so. I for one think it'd be quite handy, there are times before where people have asked questions here and they've been missed due to the sheer number of comments in this thread, and if I need to ask a question I feel a bit odd starting a new thread in a general forum just for it.

Well I guess there are certainly more active players on here than with the SWTOR forum.

Advertisement