Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ishmael wrote: »
    Not 100% sure, but they are forged in Zomorro's forge in Lions arch.

You need to buy some of the components from Miyani in Lions arch for skill points. You also need to be a level 400 weaponsmith or huntsman depending on which weapon you are forging. Level 400 armorsmith / leather worker for armor. You also apparently need lots of skill points to use the weapons. I don't know where you get the recipes.

The cool weapons might be legendarys or just cool skins that people have found and transmuted onto their weapons. If you use fine transmutation stones, you can change the appearance of your weapons / armor to keep good stats but look like another weapon.

How do you get new skins?
    still loving this game!

Me too!
    delta36 wrote: »
    This might give you some hints, odd that they posted this blog on the same day you asked the question.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/my-legend-grows-forging-your-first-legendary-weapon/

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

How to surpass the WvW queues

1st - Go to the Heart of the Mists

2nd - Make sure you are not in overflow.

3rd - Queue up for the desired bordeland and do not leave the Heart of the Mist.

4rth - If after a wait of 3-5mins u have not entered, requeue ( allways and only to the same borderland as before ).

after a short while you will get to enter the WvW instead the wait of several hours.

Enjoy the WvW

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

^ Or don't flock to the winning 'popular' servers and you will never have a Queue over 15mins long

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is this happening to anyone else?

when you sell an item at the trading post and you click on the pick up tab there's no coin there for collection,it use to show before how much I had to collect but since friday its not there anymore,bloody annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Is this happening to anyone else?

when you sell an item at the trading post and you click on the pick up tab there's no coin there for collection,it use to show before how much I had to collect but since friday its not there anymore,bloody annoying
    Was selling stuff on Sat & Sun and didn't see this, had the usual behaviour at TP.

• Advertisement

Lot of commentry about the game running out of steam etc etc. Been reading but not commented yet, but an interesting thing happened to me re WOW a few days back.

I've not been playing GW2 as keenly as a lot of posters on here, generally with work, travel etc, my play time is weekend, with possibly a few hours squeezed in one or two nights during the week.

As it stands, my Thief is currently lvl 67, and crafting is around 300 (jewelcrafting) and quite a bit lower for leathercrafting.

I'm still thoroughtly enjoying my leisurely pace, never short of things to do, and i've only explored a fraction of the world still. I get that once I hit 80 it might become boring, but I'll see then.

In terms of WOW (great PVE and all that), one of my old guildies asked me to come give MoP a blast last week. I downloaded the client, got the rez scroll, but just couldnt bring myself to hit 'play'. The thought of grinding, raiding and all that I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I quit WOW late last year due to the time requirement (plus I was travelling with work for the first 6 months of this year), and i'm not sure I can bring myself to get back onto the treadmill.

And maybe thats the thing that will make GW2 work for people. I don't need to be playing every day to progress. I can dip in and out of stuff at my pleasure. It works for me and I like it like that.

Yep, I might get frustrated later on with the lack of stuff to do, but I'm willing to take the risk.

Not wanting to sound preachy or anything, while MoP is all new and shiny, how long is it before people start complaining of nothing to do when the new content is burned through?. I do think GW2 needs some time to settle and grow - there's no denying the foundations are there for an extraordinary game, don't forget its only a month out at this stage..... I'm hopeful they'll do what is necessary to keep it alive for years to come.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ArthurG wrote: »
    In terms of WOW (great PVE and all that), one of my old guildies asked me to come give MoP a blast last week. I downloaded the client, got the rez scroll, but just couldnt bring myself to hit 'play'. The thought of grinding, raiding and all that I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I quit WOW late last year due to the time requirement (plus I was travelling with work for the first 6 months of this year), and i'm not sure I can bring myself to get back onto the treadmill.

Im reading and hearing this the past 8 years im playing wow on and off and it just makes me laugh.
    Its all about your frame of mind and this attitude above is just asking for burnout.
    Ive raided for years and not once did i feel like a chore,a grind or a threadmill.
    Its a simple concept,play when you want, join a guild that doesnt have strict rules about when you are available to play etc.
    Its your game,your subscription,play when you want and enjoy it, if you feel like you stated above then you have nobody to blame but yourself.
    Im sorry to be so blunt but if you cant be mature enough to decide for yourself when to play then whats the point?
    Im hoping to raid whenever i get my monk to max level or maybe one of my lvl 85 toons but i can guarantee you i will play when i want and not when some guild leader says.
    Ive always been able to have steady progress even if i raided only twice a month, to me wow has always been a longterm thing,ive never been in a rush to get anywhere fast and to me this is the key to why i still enjoy it.
    If you go with the attitude that you have to do this or do that then its inevitable you will feel as you state above.
    My advice is take a step back and remember its a game and just meant to be fun.

Yep its only a matter of time till all the whiners and crybabys on the GW2 forums/reddit go back to blizzard forums to whine about MoP.

That being said, the patch last night to gw2 seems to have feckjazzled some stuff, grdn and mesmer nerf which I dont really care about(I plan to roll them as alts, and mesers are a bit OP in pvp) is getting alot of rage.
    Its a shame they are nerfing classes before fixing alot of balance probs in the game first.
    That and the 'culling' in WvW now seems to make everyone invisible bar yourself lol, They better get a hotfix out fast for it, Id gladly take some downtime hell a whole day is fine by me if it fixs alot of stuff, the fact the servers have been up 24/7 since the first weekend is impressive but the 1 step forward 2 steps back patches have not.

Thats fair enough Cully, but you reference a very different approach to WoW than I ever had. I never found that I could casually approach raiding if I wanted to be successful with the friends I played with. To get anywhere, we had to spend hours trying again and again to beat various bosses, sometimes taking all night on just one. Perhaps we were just ****, but thats how it went.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it at the time, but my point is to achieve anything other than standard questing / randoms, you need to do that. I don't really want to do that any more. The point I'm trying to make is that I can feel like I'm achieving stuff at the moment without spending that time.

If you can drop casually into raiding whenever, and find it enjoyable, I'd say you're very lucky, but it never worked like that for me. Yeah maybe stuff from 5 years ago, but not the current stuff.

As I said, when I eventually hit 80 I might well decide its not worth hanging around any more and i'll go back to Wow with my tail between my legs, but thats at least 1 more week away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Dcully wrote: »
    Im reading and hearing this the past 8 years im playing wow on and off and it just makes me laugh.
    Its all about your frame of mind and this attitude above is just asking for burnout.
    Ive raided for years and not once did i feel like a chore,a grind or a threadmill.
    Its a simple concept,play when you want, join a guild that doesnt have strict rules about when you are available to play etc.
    Its your game,your subscription,play when you want and enjoy it, if you feel like you stated above then you have nobody to blame but yourself.
    Im sorry to be so blunt but if you cant be mature enough to decide for yourself when to play then whats the point?
    Im hoping to raid whenever i get my monk to max level or maybe one of my lvl 85 toons but i can guarantee you i will play when i want and not when some guild leader says.
    Ive always been able to have steady progress even if i raided only twice a month, to me wow has always been a longterm thing,ive never been in a rush to get anywhere fast and to me this is the key to why i still enjoy it.
    If you go with the attitude that you have to do this or do that then its inevitable you will feel as you state above.
    My advice is take a step back and remember its a game and just meant to be fun.

Depends entirely on what you want to achieve from a game and what you need to do to remain competitive. To be the best at WoW (to have the best gear) you have to sink a massive amount of time and energy into it. The end-game is designed for hardcore gamers... you can take a casual approach of course but it is unlikely you will get to the level required if you do.

GW2 imo is designed with the more casual gamer in mind. It doesnt seem to reward the hardcore gamers with extra abilities or superior gear beyond a certain point. I can achieve a high level by playing casually whereas that would be next to impossible to do in WoW. That's why I think the casual players will love and stick with GW2 and the hardcore gamers will go back to WoW to occupy them 24/7. Also the fact that it has no subscription means I will continue to play even when i don't have much time whereas with wow people would have cancelled the subscription as they couldn't justify it.

• Advertisement

You hit the nail on the head for me there.

Much as I hate to admit it, I'm becoming the dreaded casual gamer. Thats what your mid (cough) 30's will do to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

You hit the nail on the head for me there.

Much as I hate to admit it, I'm becoming the dreaded casual gamer. Thats what your mid (cough) 30's will do to ya.

Yup... just turned 33 and gaming has to take a backseat to everything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

And maybe thats the thing that will make GW2 work for people. I don't need to be playing every day to progress. I can dip in and out of stuff at my pleasure. It works for me and I like it like that.

Pretty much a crucial point for me personally, the fact that you don't need to play everyday, that I'm at the stage where my friends and I can just play together for a few hours at the weekend and make real progress, is one of the aspects I love about this game, and one of the aspects that made me love the original Guild Wars as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

How do you get new skins?

You just buy or locate a weapon that looks cool. Theres a few on the auction house if you look through the ones on sale, or sometimes the karma vendors will sell cool looking weapons. The weapon itself might be a piece of crap stats wise but you can just take your own weapon and mix the stats of your weapon with the appearance of the weapon with the desired appearance.

Ishmael wrote: »
    You just buy or locate a weapon that looks cool. Theres a few on the auction house if you look through the ones on sale, or sometimes the karma vendors will sell cool looking weapons. The weapon itself might be a piece of crap stats wise but you can just take your own weapon and mix the stats of your weapon with the appearance of the weapon with the desired appearance.

Just to point out you need a transmutation stone to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Still enjoying this game! :D

Dermighty wrote: »
    Still enjoying this game! :D

Me too, even with the lack of play time I've had!
    Also, this was posted yesterday, first major update for GW2: The Shadow of the Mad King, coming on the 22nd, promising new events, jumping puzzles, achievements, mini-dungeons and bosses.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

just restarted as a human ranger got sick of being an asurian thief

I recently got a warrior to 80, kitted it out in mostly exotics and my god lol. The class needs a nerf. its melee and ranged dps is insane. better melee then any other class, better ranged then eles or rangers and it has more tough.vit and armour. Such a fun class to play in wvw and runs.

Not sure if its the class but I aint lost a 1v1 in WvW yet, even killed a grdn and a mesmer in a 2v1 albeit I had to use my temp rally thing so I died in the end.

I reccomend warrs to everyone :D

(till they get nerfed :( )

I wonder will they have a special event for halloween?

• Advertisement

I wonder will they have a special event for halloween?

Look three posts above this.

delta36 wrote: »
    Look three posts above this.

Oh brilliant,tomorrow week

• Registered Users Posts: 5 worldalpha

After a few 1/2 hour bouts with the game, I'm still not quite getting into it.

worldalpha wrote: »
    After a few 1/2 hour bouts with the game, I'm still not quite getting into it.

To be fair 2 or 3 x 30 minute stints at any game, never mind one requiring a completely different approach to how you play it (dodge, dodge I tell you!) is a bit harsh.

Took me a few days to get to grips really, and the first dungeon I did was rather galling, but thats the curve.

Having said that I've been busy with work the last week or so, very little play time. Still haven't hit 80.... >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

deffo picking this up. is there loads of different realms like other mmo's?
    what realm are ze Irish playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

there is about 50 of us on gunners's hold atm (about 5-10 still currently active) DKR is a big guild with a mix of irish. they have moved to Blacktide server as they believe the wvw on our server is poo. imo our wvw has done quite well in the last few days holding a lot more in the mornings/afternoons than before.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Looking forward to diving back into this with the Halloween update. Have 2 chars at 40 and 1 at 23/24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Started playing two days ago after a small hiatus.

Checked my mail and there was a 40 gold in there! Don't ask me how or why though. Probably a gold seller sent it to me by mistake. I wasn't complaining though as I got all my level 80 gear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Anyone else see bots? Q7exSl.jpg:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

just olled on blacktide there, ranger. looks good, im level 5 or 6

Advertisement