Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else see bots? Q7exSl.jpg:(

how do you there bots?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

how do you there bots?

They run around in large groups, Most of the time without armour(Due to it breaking), Repeating the same series of events all day every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

games looks pretty good so far.

played for a hour or two eysterday, have my norn ranger to level 11.
    really liking the nearby events, keeps the game interesting.

world v world im slowly learning whats going on, great to see the level scaling in wvw.

overall im pretty impressed with the game

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

the Halloween lark starts later today with a patch me thinks, think its small events and fluff stuff for while then a 'massive' patch as one of the devs called it first week of nov.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wont get it over here till midnight I think :(

• Advertisement

What do ye make of the new content :-D?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

What do ye make of the new content :-D?

Collected quite a bit of Raw Candy Corn yesterday, but not sure what to do with it :confused:

ArthurG wrote: »
    Collected quite a bit of Raw Candy Corn yesterday, but not sure what to do with it :confused:

Same here,tbh I haven't noticed much that different :confused: I'm down in the bloodtide coast

For Daily quest you now get one jar of karma, for monthly you get 10 jars.
    Each jar gives 4,500 karma, if you use karma boosts be it food, guild banners guild 24hr boosts etc you can get close to 7,000 karma for each jar.

The jars are account bound, so what you wana be doing with them candy canes is eating em, you need to eat 150 for the monthly ach dont take long to get em if you just go around mining em.

I just did act 1 of the shadow king and it wouldn't finish it for me all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I just did act 1 of the shadow king and it wouldn't finish it for me all
    Ok looking for a definitive answer on this, as I cant find any concrete evidence one way or the other, if I buy Guild Wars 2 here, would I be able to join a US server, as the person ill be playing with is in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Meesared wrote: »
    Ok looking for a definitive answer on this, as I cant find any concrete evidence one way or the other, if I buy Guild Wars 2 here, would I be able to join a US server, as the person ill be playing with is in the US

Yes there's no restrictions on servers. You can even transfer between U/S and EU servers if needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Cool! Good to know! Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Clock Tower is a pile of ****e.

haha its ace, so hard the first time, got it after like 35mins trying. then got it first go on two alts :D

free exotic slippers, was really well done tbh. Its funny reddit/forums are like 5 threads of rage about it, then 5 threads praising it.

mmo players are a funny bunch

Got a PUG for the Mad King thing over the weekend, and it about 5 or 6 times. Bit of a mixed bag of drops, but did get a nice Body that I sold for 3 gold. That plus the other random stuff brought me upto about 4 gold worth of drops. More than I've ever made, had nearly 10g, and got a bit giddy with excitment, so celebrated by buying mats to get my jewelcrafting to 400.

Nice thing was I spent abour 2g gold on mats, but the 3 rare earrings I crafted to get to 400 sell for nearly 1g each, so made another nice profit :)

how do i get into the mad kings labrinth.

my warrior found the gates in the human starting area so ehs logged in at the portal inside, but my ranger is in wayfarer foothills and can only find seperate portals to the games, the pumpkin one and lunatic assylum or whatever its called... no portal to the labrinth?

thanks. still sooooooooooo much about this game i havent figured out yet.

I'm not sure about the labyrinth, but the final part is just in Lion's Arch (at the arch).

Its a pretty easy fight, when adds pop kill em, then just spank the MK.

Try not to get too close to the edge, as he fears from time to time, and you can run over the edge. Same goes for any jumping abilities of course (I'm looking at you, Leaping Death Blossom of plunging death.....).

By the way the reward chest is right at the bottom of the dungeon, so don't exit when you get the basic reward for killing the boss, work down to the ground floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Omphin wrote: »
    TheDoc, just go back to failing at WoW. I'm sick of reading ur opinions

Your free to block me by all means, its a forum, so opinions are going to be posted. No need for the hostility.

Or are you and your mates still crying over being rejected from our " fail guild" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

TheDoc wrote: »

Or are you and your mates still crying over being rejected from our " fail guild" ;)

Jesus.... I didn't realise we were in the playground.

• Advertisement

Playboy wrote: »

Stop it now or someone'll have an eye out and that will be the end of it then.

Playboy wrote: »

He started it!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

He started it!

**** ur quick, i only posted that comment a month ago. As for your guilds rejection of a merger with my own several years back. ( 2 wow guilds with a large irish presence) it has very little to do with what i think of substitutes who sit on the sideline never picked to play who then throw all their toys from their pram at the hint of other people joining the team. It ok buddy I understand why you didn't support it. And thats not even the reason why i asked for you to quit ur moaning about GW2, i just find you an irritating wow fanboi. You moaned the same or more about SWTOR only after ur guild quit it, b4 that it was the opposite, you were "loving it"

had great craic this week playing 90% of my time in the kings labrinth. rolled a human warrior and he went from level 2-9 just by playing one run of the labrinth a day. has a ridiculous amount of level 26 items and the mad kings slippers as well. same with my hunter, my account bank is full of stuff.

couple of questions. in boss fights, is there aggro on whichever player has the most threat, like wow?

do all classes just heal themselves, as in, is there a healer class?

is selling stuff on trade a waste, as most stuff sells for coppers anyway?

why does the game let me learn 10 abilities but only give me access to a few on the bars

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Deep sea dragon?

Wiki Link

Omphin wrote: »
    **** ur quick, i only posted that comment a month ago. As for your guilds rejection of a merger with my own several years back. ( 2 wow guilds with a large irish presence) it has very little to do with what i think of substitutes who sit on the sideline never picked to play who then throw all their toys from their pram at the hint of other people joining the team. It ok buddy I understand why you didn't support it.
    Not sure the meaning of this at all, bit confusing. But I was supportive of the venture along with Witless, but in terms of raiding, I agreed with my GL that applications should be vetted like any other recruit. I was actually relatively supportive of the venture :)
    And thats not even the reason why i asked for you to quit ur moaning about GW2, i just find you an irritating wow fanboi. You moaned the same or more about SWTOR only after ur guild quit it, b4 that it was the opposite, you were "loving it"
    If I'm honest I'm just having a pop at the old wow guild, I dont actually have anything against you, just a large portion of your guild who decided to be threatening in my direction.

I'm actually not a fanboi in the slightest, across the various threads of GW2 and SWTOR I outlined my reasons of dissapointment, regret and why I stopped playing.

I had stopped playing SWTOR relatively early, while the lads I mostly game with, carried on, and cleared raiding content. And I think my SWTOR problems were justified, and there is a certain number of millions of people that would agree. I remember making a relatively large post, along with Dustaz on the issues we felt the game needed to address or it would fail, and we were pretty spot on.

As for GW2, I've on many occasions stated the ONLY reason for my dislike of the game, but mostly just not playing it,was to do with my mis interpretation of the game, as I was not aware it was purely PVP based.

There is a wildly misunderstanding of the term fanboi on your part. I don't immediatly disregard a game , put my fingers in my ears and shout "WoW, WoW, WoW", I've pretty much tried every single MMO that has come out since, and just because I feel none have stood up to Warcraft ( and its a feeling shared by the general MMO population really) I don't see how that is fanboi'ism, other then me sticking with the game I feel is best and most enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭_Puma_

As for GW2, I've on many occasions stated the ONLY reason for my dislike of the game, but mostly just not playing it,was to do with my mis interpretation of the game, as I was not aware it was purely PVP based.

There is a wildly misunderstanding of the term fanboi on your part. I don't immediatly disregard a game , put my fingers in my ears and shout "WoW, WoW, WoW", I've pretty much tried every single MMO that has come out since, and just because I feel none have stood up to Warcraft ( and its a feeling shared by the general MMO population really) I don't see how that is fanboi'ism, other then me sticking with the game I feel is best and most enjoyable.

Talk about derailing a thread.

You seem to totally disregard the fact that your opinion that it is totaly PvP is flawed. As was explained before, the content of this game is spread through out the games zones and not just end level zones. Your perception that because there is no "end game" PvE like in WoW (in fact I would call the Dungeon Explorable modes the end game PvE but anyway) that it is a PvP game is just wrong.

As for the general MMO population comment I will leave you this link. Very good points made about WoW will never be replaced for long term WoW players but more and more new players will be turning to GW2 and games like it. You get the feeling that MMO's have turned a corner with GW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

You get the feeling that MMO's have turned a corner with GW2

Turned a corner then hit a brick wall as it got round,the brick wall being max level, i got bored silly within days of maxing out.
    Theres only so much mindless zergfest wvw i can tolerate,as for world exploration not my cup of tea at all.
    I totally loved leveling up in GW2 it was fantastic but thats as much as i got out of the game.
    Not every game is for everybody, people need to understand this.

Advertisement