Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I'm trying to make sense
    We don't care that you don't like Guild Wars 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

We don't care that you don't like Guild Wars 2.

What's this "we" business? Are you president of some organisation I haven't heard of? You really need to edit yourself and stop being such a brat, act your age old timer!
    Adult rule 1: Argue the point don't argue for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

Easy there mate you'll have a hernia.
    IMO this game is actually a step down from the original.

This to means you have to wait for quests to begin.
    "Events" are just another way of packaging quests, nothing new there. This is now no different to rift, rift had it's events too but they got boring fast. All quests boil down to kill mobs, get item or insert correct dialogue, this is no different.

Umm no, dynamic events are the spice added to the pot during questing. Quests are not timed, they are automatically triggered when you enter the zone of the quests and are available immediately and progress is saved until you complete it. Dynamic events happen at certain times according to specific circumstances, whether its timed or after a player triggers it with dialogue etc. They are like extras fun events that happen all the time.
    Almost nothing is mandatory in the game which adds to the freedom to play how you want to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Xeyn wrote: »
    Umm no, dynamic events are the spice added to the pot during questing. Quests are not timed, they are automatically triggered when you enter the zone of the quests and are available immediately and progress is saved until you complete it. Dynamic events happen at certain times according to specific circumstances, whether its timed or after a player triggers it with dialogue etc. They are like extras fun events that happen all the time.
    Almost nothing is mandatory in the game which adds to the freedom to play how you want to play.

Well done, point well made.

shootermacg - ive said before GW2 is not everyones cup of tea. I think there are a number of gamers out there who liked gw1 but arent enamoured by gw2. Having said that I think the developers have marketed this as a completely separate game, with the lore essentially being the only factor that links the two. But have a go when it comes out - you have nothing to lose really! There will be plenty of people who play the game when it comes out and then decide its not for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

What's this "we" business? Are you president of some organisation I haven't heard of? You really need to edit yourself and stop being such a brat, act your age old timer!
    Adult rule 1: Argue the point don't argue for the sake of it.

Alright Shootermacg, I really don't want to get into a shouting match with you. Sorry, it's the stress. I'm drinking beer on my holidays at the beach watching the naked tits go by. Peace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Woah! Explosions!

Calm down! :D We all need a drink! Who is paying because im broke! :P

I had great fun this weekend in Guild Wars! :D I seen somebody whispered me as i was shoving a flag into a Norns head as i was killing everything in WvWvW asking about a Boards.ie guild!

The boards guild will still be happening I just didn't do anything for it in the Beta.

Also my next point I am more than happy to make the guild and run it and i know at least 10 people who will keep it running but I am wondering if there is anyone out there who would like to take the role instead of me?

If some people are not sure what i am yapping about check the massive post i made a few pages back. I will be in a guild called Dark Reavers but there will be a second guild called Boards.ie and i will run it if you guys would like me to or anyone who feels like they would like the chance then they can do it :D

My mumble is still free for everyone to use :D

Hope you guys are as excited as I am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Hey missed this last beta unfortunately but in a way its good as theres still so much i have to see and try at launch.
    Anyway havent been keping track of all the news and am wondering if the launcher weve been using is gonna be simply updated with the proper client for the actual launch or if we all have to completely redownload the client?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

VinLieger wrote: »
    Hey missed this last beta unfortunately but in a way its good as theres still so much i have to see and try at launch.
    Anyway havent been keping track of all the news and am wondering if the launcher weve been using is gonna be simply updated with the proper client for the actual launch or if we all have to completely redownload the client?

IIRC, It's the same client.

Thats right. You can patch to live on the current launcher. If usage cap is not an issue i hear people saying a clean install is recommended but i reckon it shouldnt be a problem using the current launcher.

• Advertisement

Thats right. You can patch to live on the current launcher. If usage cap is not an issue i hear people saying a clean install is recommended but i reckon it shouldnt be a problem using the current launcher.

Yeah thats why i was asking, also my original setup has the launcher with the dat and tmp files on the desktop as i didnt really read the instructions :P, so wouldnt mind cleaning it up with a reinstall

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

only a month to go lads

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

only a month to go lads

Unless your pre-purchased, then it's less than a month!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Unless your pre-purchased, then it's less than a month!

oh ya! I haven't pre purchased yet :(

At this point unless you want the hero's band its probably not worth it. 3 day head start? Its nice but is it worth the extra money?
    Ive pre purchased but i doubt ill be doing much during the head start besides reserving names.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Seems Towellee reckons the pve is crap.

Who was it called GW2 a masterpiece :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

At this point unless you want the hero's band its probably not worth it. 3 day head start? Its nice but is it worth the extra money?
    Ive pre purchased but i doubt ill be doing much during the head start besides reserving names.

You obviously have no idea how to play modern MMO's.. You pay the extra to get the headstart, so you can beat everyone else to end game.. and quit... proclaiming the game a shocking failure...

;)

Welease wrote: »
    You obviously have no idea how to play modern MMO's.. You pay the extra to get the headstart, so you can beat everyone else to end game.. and quit... proclaiming the game a shocking failure...

;)

Hehe. Sadly there will probably be loads of people who do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Dcully wrote: »

To be honest I have to strongly disagree with this. I found the PVE to be really enjoyable and it gets better the more you play it.

Best bet is to play the game yourself at launch at see what you think there are so many people shouting about this game ( Myself included I love it ).

But everyone should make up there own mind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ive played the last beta and lived it myself
    MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Dcully wrote: »

To be honest I have to strongly disagree with this. I found the PVE to be really enjoyable and it gets better the more you play it.

Best bet is to play the game yourself at launch at see what you think there are so many people shouting about this game ( Myself included I love it ).

But everyone should make up there own mind.

• Advertisement

played a bit of all the bwe's though not a great amount. really really liked it and cant wait for the end of the month.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Going to pre-order this today. Looking at dlcompare, the cheapest it's available is from World of CD Keys (€41.99). Anyone bought anything from them before? It's quite a bit cheaper then G2Play, which is where i usually get games from.

http://www.dlcompare.com/games/guild-wars-2-digital-download-276

Okay so the website has been updated witha very handy clock for those of us who will be part of the head start
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/

Saturday 25th at 2 in the afternoon put it in your diaries

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Stress test tomorrow from 8pm to midnight GMT (I'm pretty sure that's the correct time)

From post on Facebook:
    We will be conducting a stress test on Thursday, August 2 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

Unlike previous stress tests, we will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed. Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch. By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game! ~RB2

Note the whole "not representative of the state of the game at launch". They're probably trying to stop all those people who were on the forums during BWE asking for a refund because the game wasn't running very well for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Kiith wrote: »
    Going to pre-order this today. Looking at dlcompare, the cheapest it's available is from World of CD Keys (€41.99). Anyone bought anything from them before? It's quite a bit cheaper then G2Play, which is where i usually get games from.

http://www.dlcompare.com/games/guild-wars-2-digital-download-276

Pre ordered from Amazon (basic version) for 44 euro. Free delivery. I won't get it for day 1 but as I'm away over that weekend not too bothered.

I want a digital edition though, as i definitely plan on playing the headstart.

Ordered it from the official site this morning. Roll on August 25th!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 quinch

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/xij3o/bwe3_difficulty/

Greetings Heroes of Tyria,

We wanted to give you all an update on the Difficulty of BWE3, as it has been the topic of many conversations recently.

First of all, it is important to understand that the game is still in Beta and that we continue to balance on a daily basis. This said, and as usual, your feedback has proven invaluable. Following the weekend we drilled into our Event metrics, and discovered that the difficulty had indeed changed between BWE3 vs. BWE2. We moved ahead with a check on our core systems to find out if any global change/bug had incurred a generic adjustment to the balance of the game. Quickly we found this to be the case, and the issue has now been corrected.

We also wanted to take the time to mention, that we feel the overall pacing of the game is exactly where we want it. Specifically that we do not want the player to be in a constant state of overly challenging gameplay, and therefore the difficulty is now reflective of the balance found in BWE2, without a change in overall pacing.

Finally, we continue to balance both our creatures and our professions. Your feedback, once again has proven invaluable to us, and we ask that you continue to let us know what you think about the game, and keep posting your suggestions as we get ever closer to the release of Guild Wars 2.

See you in Tyria!

ChrisW

• Registered Users Posts: 16 quinch

It has also been conformed we will be playing headstart from 8am on August 25th.

Stress test tonight ( Thursday 2nd) from 9pm - 1am

quinch wrote: »
    It has also been conformed we will be playing headstart from 8am on August 25th.

Stress test tonight ( Thursday 2nd) from 9pm - 1am

Some conflicting information about this, yes the time difference on the announced headstart calculates to 8 on saturday but the timer on their website is saying its gonna be 12 o clock

• Advertisement

Would i be able to play in the stress test tonight, after only pre-purchasing it today?

Advertisement