Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

My char name "Vampiricpadraig"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Morrissey07

i've logged onto that mumble account. would someone be so kind as to help me figure out why i can't log in?? Epic fail and I realise you're all pumped about getting started, but I'd really appreciate some help! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Anyone else get kicked and getting errors 'please try again later' when trying to reconnect?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

yes I am too

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

i played for like 10 mins..then got dced...cant reconnect
    suprise suprise u gotta love betas
    ingame name is Arky btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

made my character "omphín" stuck at the skip to end loading screen. click on the skip to end but the screen remains black and music is playing. anyone else with same?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

I got in for a few minutes but the lag made it completely unplayable then I got dc'd. I also just got my invite email to the beta weekend at 19:20 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

ttcomet wrote: »
    I got in for a few minutes but the lag made it completely unplayable then I got dc'd. I also just got my invite email to the beta weekend at 19:20 :)
    Congrats! As for all the dc's. Well, the beta wasn't supposed to be on till 8, so maybe waiting till then will get you a smoother game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I am beginning to suspect they let a bunch of people log in early for an hour or so to clear past the initial starting area. It was a pretty big lagfest even with the few who were obviously checking forums at the time, I imagine at 8 it would have been insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

I'm sat here staring at the login screen listening to that incredible music, Jeremy Soule is quite the composer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Eventually got in but then froze at the end of the intro film, had to restart game and cant get in again ofc. Its 8pm now so hopefully people can start getting in or at least Queue, sick of erros after the diablo3 error37 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

I can't get back in, off to watch tv for a while and I will try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Got in for 45 mins turned settings to ultra got dced and now waiting to get in again lol

Also few of us on mumble if anyone else isnt come on for the craic :D

Logged in, chose Ring of Fire, got dc'd. Logged in again, made a character, watched intro movie, it then went to a blank screen with Click to Skip in the bottom corner, clicking that did nothing, and got dc'd again. That's where I am now, unable to log in.
    Forums also appear to be down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Cant even get once to the frigging login server - been trying for over 1 hour - getting royally cheesed off. I payed for the game already

morgana wrote: »
    Cant even get once to the frigging login server - been trying for over 1 hour - getting royally cheesed off. I payed for the game already

That said it is a beta, not the game launch. Still frustrating though. Twitter has tons of comments from people about log in issues, Arenanet saying they're working as fast as they can to fix problems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Got about an hour's play then got booted. Just back in now.

Yea I understand that, it's not my first MMO beta, but they had the numbers as it is prepurchase not just some codes given out left right and centre. ANd i have no problem with the game being still buggy, but not getting in for hours after having made time for it it highly frustrating to say the least.

Oh yeah, I completely understand this being frustrating. Haven't gotten to play at all myself yet. That said the music at the log in screen is pretty epic.

Gotten as far as the character select screen twice, then get dc'd, the rest of the time I'm getting nowhere.

Incidentally for when I do get on my character name is "Bad Moon Rising", should we create a seperate thread for people to dump their char names?

• Advertisement

delta36 wrote: »
    Gotten as far as the character select screen twice, then get dc'd, the rest of the time I'm getting nowhere.

Incidentally for when I do get on my character name is "Bad Moon Rising", should we create a seperate thread for people to dump their char names?

Doesn't seem to be a bad idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I got about an hour and half game play then DC'd. The Americans must be getting home from work.

Pfff still havent gotten in - this sucks. They knew the numbers should have been prepared better

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Played for about 20 minutes before I got disconnected. Really unoptimized for CPU's, hopefully they fix that up before release. Had issues with loads of people in the starting area along with the tutorial area. Combat seemed fine when it was not lagging and I liked the quest system more than a traditional MMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just logged off for the night. Since I got back in after 9 it's been perfect, no dc's.

Absolute steller of a game. Really enjoyed the first night. Yes there was logging in issues but that was to be expected.

Got to Lv 7 on my Charr Necro. Lot's of fun! Some quests are difficult but that is to be expected.

Night everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Played for another couple of hours until the servers went down and the framerates picked up a bit. Games pretty good, still need to try the PvP.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Servers are down again =[

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Anyone here streaming that's going to be part of the Irish Guild? Would love to see what's up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Played a good 6 hours straight and got to level 10 as ranger, loving it so far. room for lots of improvement but it's light years ahead of wow when that was released, very solid game though.

Advertisement