Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for first years

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭gnl

Bank Of Ireland free flights, anyone?
    Berlin, here I come.

Are there a load of T & Cs?

BOI rang me to tell me they were upgrading my account to third level and I kinda fobbed it off as BS when they mentioned free flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

gnl wrote: »
    Are there a load of T & Cs?

BOI rang me to tell me they were upgrading my account to third level and I kinda fobbed it off as BS when they mentioned free flights.

I didn't bother applying for them last year. . . when I went onto the site it asked to give your top three preferences for destinations. And I think they wanted a period of time you wanted for each, and all the periods had to be different or something.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

You don't get to pick exactly where you go and when, you give them a list of 3 cities and a 1 or 2 week period during which you'd like to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

andrew wrote: »
    You don't get to pick exactly where you go and when, you give them a list of 3 cities and a 1 or 2 week period during which you'd like to go.

I joined today - there was a guy dressed as a pilot outside, so I pretty much had to - and the woman said you have to use the account 5 times in October and November. Then you get your voucher for the flights with all the taxes and extras paid, with the voucher being valid until March 2011 IIRC.

Even if there are strings attached, its better than getting a free student card. A whole 12 euro saved there... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Ah yeah but think of the long term savings you're making using your card for discounts!!

Sure sign up for both banks...get all the freebies you can this week...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wonder will BoI give me any free stuff since I already have an account with them. What other banks/offers are there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

amacachi wrote: »
    Wonder will BoI give me any free stuff since I already have an account with them. What other banks/offers are there?

i already had an account with them but your one there told me to just make another account at the desk and that's what i did. I now have 2 accounts running simultaneously and can avail of the free flights if i do the transactions. HAPPY DAYS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 QuoiFaireX

Any1 know if the free flights only apply to over 18s??
    I think i read somewhere that thats the case but asked one of the intense/stalkerish b.o.i guys in the arts building today about it and he assured me i could apply. Hmmm sure...

Advertisement