Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you hate about boards?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

stovelid wrote: »
    People saying fail, or using lolcats.

People butting into feedback threads to pontificate about forums they don't frequent.

People using the phrase coke and hookers.

Any discussion about being a moderator or mod duties in an arch, shop-talk way. Especially with other mods on-thread.

People saying Teh instead of The.

People with computer specs in their signatures.

RIP-merchants.

People who say I for one.......overlords.

People who even think about saying I for one.....overlords.

People who say I for one....overlords in a fashion to ironically comment on those who say I for one....overlords.

Hoary old boards 'characters' that only have to fart on-thread to induce a blizzard of thanks and +1s.

Culchies moaning about Dublin-centric threads.
    I... think I love you

Eh...he hates that and all.
    FFS ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

I hate people who say PI is thataway ----> when clearly it's in the complete opposite direction.
    Learn to give directions, idiots. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

The stupid people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I hate that some idiots take jokes too far, in certain threads.

It's fine to have a black sense of humour, but I fail to see how rape is in any way funny or something to joke about.
    :mad::mad::mad:

whats that about black people?!

I hate when a post has lines of 'thanks' underneath it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

I hate all the downright racist anti- Brit crap that so often pops up on boards. AH in particular is bad for this I think.

The smallest, most insignificant things (in one case, this country being referred to as the "Irish Republic" in the British media) lead to moral and patriotic outrage in some people, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Why?

*Awaits thanks* :):):):)

Why?

*Awaits thanks* :):):):)

It's lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Nice try noob.

You have to be an established poster to pull that kind of crap

I hate when people talk about scumbags saying they would or nearly did something, but generally they keep their mouth shut and head done and piss their pants

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    Nice try noob.

You have to be an established poster to pull that kind of crap

Ive noticed that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

If you ever make a comment about something related to sex, like in the casual sex thread in tLL, you will probably get a pm from some guy making a sleazy comment. Yes, I have had casual sex. No, I do not want to have casual sex with you. Nice try though. Not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Bring back blonde lady in strait-jacket with tanned legs!!!!

Shes been released back into the wild society for good behaviour, she'll be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

a very good discussion on rant and rave about the mispronunciation of gaelic first names closed by a mod like somebody stopping a game, taking the ball, peculiar and unusual behaviour by a mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

those who are over sensitive and start saying "you should have been banned for your last post"...and people who don't agree that Mary Harney is better than Chuck Norris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

I hate all the downright racist anti- Brit crap that so often pops up on boards. AH in particular is bad for this I think.

The smallest, most insignificant things (in one case, this country being referred to as the "Irish Republic" in the British media) lead to moral and patriotic outrage in some people, it seems.

you may have some of the destructive folk who would associate themselves with recent murder of police in armagh....feeling out boards users and potentially attempting recruitment through pm etcetera

for a minority commitment to making touble in N.I. armchair generals like sending young guys into danger/prison - arms length freedom fighting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Hippy liberal types that try and defend the indefensible which is really annoying. After that it's the ones go crazy patriotic (as has already been said), racist etc. They're equally as bad, two extremes of boards that infuriate me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

mikemac wrote: »
    I hate threads " I was wondering down O'Connell St to Henry St looking for a certain shop"
    "Hey there, I know Limerick and can help you"
    " No you bogger, I was in town" Town being Dublin obviously on boards....
    "Well, excuse me
    +1 on that. Some people seem to think boards is a Dublin only forum. That kinda question would be fine in the Dublin section but in AH or somewhere else its not really appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Unfortunately far too many Irish people still have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to anything British. Think of it as a post-colonial hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

I hate the (occasional) cronyism that occurs, i.e. people replying to certain posters & ignoring other folks' contributions.

Elitist cretins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Fvcking cat pictures and "rofl" and other such unhilarious w*nkology.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Babooshka wrote: »
    Fvcking cat pictures and "rofl" and other such unhilarious w*nkology.

ROFL isn't supposed to be hilarious. It's a reaction to the hilarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

The abreviation 'TBH' and the way posters use it on every post they make, when it doesn't make any bit of sense!

The way boadsies judge other boardsies purely on how many posts they have, giving them more respect if they have more! Some posters have more of a life outside of Boards to not post 30 comments a day!

The way i scan over the thread title to see the preview pop up and it goes away just before i'm finished reading it! :mad:

The way people 'Thank' posts just because loads of other people thanked it just to be included in the fun, probably not even reading the post!

And +1 on the Dublin thing, I'm sorry but this site is not purely for Dublin stop trying to own it just because most of ye are smug about where ye are living!

Sorry if that offended anyone!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The way people 'Thank' posts just because loads of other people thanked it just to be included in the fun, probably not even reading the post!
    How do you know that's happened? Are you watching us all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I'm sure its be said but I hate this word. "Wimmins"

It may have been funny the first couple of times but it makes me want to reach into cyberspace and pull the spinal cord out of the poster who used it. Its really annoying when female posters use so they can appear to be one of the lads, shocking really.

How do you know that's happened? Are you watching us all?

Yes, i'm like Santa watching you all at once, or Jesus i can't remember which fictional character it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

I hate how theres no arse symbol.. unless....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Smart Bug wrote: »
    I hate the (occasional) cronyism that occurs, i.e. people replying to certain posters & ignoring other folks' contributions.

Elitist cretins.

While this is true sometimes, it's human nature that people will gravitate to people that they have interacted with before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Smart Bug wrote: »

Elitist cretins.

occasional?...there is a wolf pack. Im like a lone wolf, in a wolf pack by myself...would you like to join my wolf pack?

• Advertisement

occasional?...there is a wolf pack. Im like a lone wolf, in a wolf pack by myself...would you like to join my wolf pack?

No, i only respect what people with over 1000 posts say! I don't even respect what i say! :(

Talk to me when you reach 1000!

Advertisement