Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you hate about boards?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Latchy wrote: »
    At the moement I am hating the way when i log in , I am still only getting yesterdays posts ( unless I log into the forums in question to keep track ) but I am guessing it's the same for everybody right?

Is that just the new posts thingey or the front page?

My User CP, Subscribed threads, is working.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

brummytom wrote: »
    I think I speak for every male on this board when I say it was missed massively

Titters!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Same this end.
    You're over here as well aren't you?

Probably just racism :p
    I am Yeah but your English and I'm Irish :p
    K-9 wrote: »
    Is that just the new posts thingey or the front page?

My User CP, Subscribed threads, is working.
    It's the new posts thingy but I only ( now )saw Gordons message about getting it back to normal by tomorrow .

I swear I didn't see it today .....I swear ....Honestly ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

True :P

Yeah, if I go to my profile and look at posts I've made, the last one it shows is from yesterday at 01:08 :/

It's the new posts thingy but I only ( now )saw Gordons message about getting it back to normal by tomorrow .

I swear I didn't see it today .....I swear ....Honestly ...

It is great when you are bored. Lists all the new posts on all threads.

Amazing the amount of regular posters who don't know this.

• Advertisement

True :p
    ;)
    Yeah, if I go to my profile and look at posts I've made, the last one it shows is from yesterday at 01:08 :/
    Mine shows yesterday at 13.50 or such like and I thought it was just me :)

K-9 wrote: »
    It is great when you are bored. Lists all the new posts on all threads.

Amazing the amount of regular posters who don't know this.
    I suppose it's just like you get used to logging in and seeing ' todays posts ' so instead of going into forum threads ie, beginnings , one tends ( I do anyway) to excuse the pun ...' Latch ' on to what's happeneing .

But cool to know we can view this way to of course
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Never be thanked again? I find that statement amusing....do you know who you're dealing with here?

Lol Turd,I too have added a thanks to your post since you have finally a greed to coughing up 15% of your income from thanked posts to me(dont forget section A paragraph three subsection 4 that stipulates You MUST PM me every post!!!!!!

Signed:by ynotdu this 18th day of August in the year of our Lord 2009.
    in the presence of realiable boardsies as witnesses.
    dont tell Me again you have lost my paypal details!

still quaking in boots,walking the floor etc as Dudess has not yet replied.
    She has a cunning plan Methinks!
    reverse psycology ignore that fcuker ynotdu as to treat his questioning of my post with a reply would lend weight to it OR she is composing a killer response that will leave me in a rocking chair,sucking My thumb:eek:

Pray for me!:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

ynotdu wrote: »
    Lol Turd,I too have added a thanks to your post since you have finally a greed to coughing up 15% of your income from thanked posts to me(dont forget section A paragraph three subsection 4 that stipulates You MUST PM me every post!!!!!!

Signed:by ynotdu this 18th day of August in the year of our Lord 2009.
    in the presence of realiable boardsies as witnesses.
    dont tell Me again you have lost my paypal details!

still quaking in boots,walking the floor etc as Dudess has not yet replied.
    She has a cunning plan Methinks!
    reverse psycology ignore that fcuker ynotdu as to treat his questioning of my post with a reply would lend weight to it OR she is composing a killer response that will leave me in a rocking chair,sucking My thumb:eek:

Pray for me!:)

You're a strange chap.

You're a strange chap.

That's what i love about boards.

It's full of nutters... mainly nice nutters

You're a strange chap.

Dr bollocko thank you!

and dont EVER call me NORMAL!

• Advertisement

That's what i love about boards.

It's full of nutters... mainly nice nutters

Brummy did,nt you ger nutter of the month award in May:confused:

anyway shurrup and post some more unusual Irish folk videos on that thread?it is great for finding unusual ballads but is underused,i really get into some of the singers/bands posted there:)

Brummy did,nt you ger nutter of the month award in May:confused:

anyway shurrup and post some more unusual Irish folk videos on that thread?it is great for finding unusual ballads but is underused,i really get into some of the singers/bands posted there:)

Wish I did, I want an award.

I will, I'm listening to some now - 'banjopaul' always posts great stuff in there; I would post more of the Dubs but not everyone seems to like it :o

Wish I did, I want an award.

I will, I'm listening to some now - 'banjopaul' always posts great stuff in there; I would post more of the Dubs but not everyone seems to like it :o

throw any stuff up on that thread,if people dont like it they skip it.
    if they do and especioly lesser known music/ballads it can be real useful for discovering talent not widely publicised.
    look forward to your next post there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I hate the way some people use threads as a blog

a flipping uninteresting blog

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

My biggest hate here is that everything is funny until you surpass some poster's self drawn "line" at which point you're offensive and sickening. I'm sure people find things you find funny offensive, bet that doesn't bother you though? So let me laugh at the pedo bear joke in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I hate "either everything is funny or nothing is funny" being forced on people as a fact - it isn't a fact, it's an opinion. Of course there's a line - I doubt anyone's going to crack Baby P jokes. And to use the argument that a joke about Man United is offensive to a Man United fan so therefore it's ok to joke about what Fritzl did... is just extremely disingenuous.
    Hi Dudess,normally when i read your posts you come across as a head of sense,balanced and fair.
    Thank you very much ynotdu, that's the aim. :)
    the evidence of mods receiving a disproportinate amount of thanks is overwhelming across forums.It only takes the evidence of our eyes to see that.
    I really and truly believe it is not simply because they are mods though. Like, are that many people pathetic and dumb enough to thank a post just because it's by a mod, no other reason? A few are yes but the vast majority aren't. As has been mentioned, mods are well known and people have a feel for them, thus leading to more likelihood of thanks - in the same way as a person who isn't a mod but a member for a long time would be more likely to receive thanks. It's not a deliberate policy of exclusion - totally unconscious. And we were all newbies at one point...
    I dont know if the amount of *hits* to a website includes those who dont log in thus earning the site more chances of google ads being placed and revenue being generated but i,m sure the Admins do!:)
    That's a bit passive-aggressive. The admins don't have any involvement in the business runnings of Boards.ie - they are volunteers too.
    I'm not a fan of the cliques and gimmicks. Terry starting a drunk thread... we get it - you drink a lot. There's hehehehahahahohoho or hahahahehehoho... oh yea and I hate the way anyone who doesn't happen to reach orgasm reading one of pighead's posts is abused by the faithful...
    Agreed... a drunken thread by a different poster/mod would be closed. Although there is definitely some bitterness towards Pighead. The devotion to him is a bit built up in people's heads.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    [*]The personal politics and ganging up that goes on from time to time, but it's usually more aimed at mods and it's sad when it's other mods that do it but I've seen it happen with certain posters.
    Indeed.
    Wertz wrote: »
    Yes I'm sure Dudess will be along presently to rip you a new one. :pac: She certainly doesn't need anyone's help.
    I'm not that fierce... :(
    tman wrote: »
    The thanks system and the way it has changed posting... Seems to be especially noticeable in AH with way too many try hards injecting some lame humour into proceedings...
    A lot of people say that, so maybe there's something in it - but I've never ever got the feeling someone posted a one-liner purely to get thanked. I'm inclined to believe they would have done the very same thing before the thanks system.
    "Grammer nazis" (sic)... If you're going to complain about somebody elses grammar, at least make sure that you can spell properly yourself!
    If it can be understood, it's surely enough. However when a person posts a long stream of text without any commas or full stops, I find myself biting my lip.
    I hate the way a newbie will post a comment or a general question and some human/computer hybrid will within three minutes deliver a scathing remark/derogatory opinion/out-and-out soulcrushing insult upon the OP.
    I don't think that's as much of a reality as people say it is - far more so if the newbie is suspected of trolling.

But there is sycophancy (from members as well as mods), there are instances of mods being treated differently because they are mods, there are mods who abuse their powers... all of these are rare though, and it's unfair and a bit bitter to just assume this is constantly going on just because it happens occasionally (any system run by humans will be imperfect).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I hate the "thtop generalithing!" brigade. Even if you make it clear that you are generalising whilst describing something, on they come to cry at the injustice of it all.

:o
    That means me I'd say...

Look, I've no problem with a certain degree of generalising - we all do it. But seriously, sometimes it's way OTT here. Like the "Irish women" threads.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    My biggest hate here is that everything is funny until you surpass some poster's self drawn "line" at which point you're offensive and sickening. I'm sure people find things you find funny offensive, bet that doesn't bother you though? So let me laugh at the pedo bear joke in peace.
    Yes, also I hate the way some posters think their is an angle or some hidden meaning that needs justifying in post .Like not everything needs to be analyised .

Hi Dudess,as i said,again you have shown your metal,sense,and balance as well as not taking things too much to heart!
    just one thing,if the admins remark came across as passive agressive I certainly did not mean it to,I had read the faq,s about boards and it described admins as people who had help set up the site,therefore i thought they were office staff on a payroll.

if i can say so you are a real lady(fear that might be perceived as sexism but i mean it in genuine way.)

Great post! ty!:)

your post 317 i refer to as more were added as i was typing.

• Advertisement

just one thing,if the admins remark came across as passive agressive I certainly did not mean it to,I had read the faq,s about boards and it described admins as people who had help set up the site,therefore i thought they were office staff on a payroll.
    Oops, sorry!
    if i can say so you are a real lady(fear that might be perceived as sexism but i mean it in genuine way.)
    Oh I can see that - thanks again! (Although allegations of sycophancy towards a mod may result now! ;))

Dudess wrote: »

Oh I can see that - thanks again! (Although allegations of sycophancy towards a mod may result now! ;))
    I wish to report a touch of sycophancy towards a mod

Actully Dudess I think ( stating the obious) you have a fan /secret admirer
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

The 'Know Your Nerds' type threads that have popped up around the place. Good idea, but seem more like places people use to try and 'pull'.

Some people should just get out more.

if only i knew what sycophany means i could respond better(sobs)
    I ate the dictionary because i was hungry at the Celtic tigers funeral(sobs some more)
    i only have a and b sections left but that is my treat for xmas day!:mad::)

nummnutts wrote: »
    The 'Know Your Nerds' type threads that have popped up around the place. Good idea, but seem more like places people use to try and 'pull'.

Some people should just get out more.

get out some more in Vallybeermat D.10?

erm there is the pub,then a bookies,then a pub,then a bookies.then a pub,then........................ :p

Advertisement