Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you hate about boards?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

also the spelling nazis!

godddddddddddddddd, it's NATSEEZE

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

rubadub wrote: »
    "town" is not just slang for dublin city centre on boards, or just amongst people in dublin. I have heard it used as slang for dublin city centre from plenty of
    non-dubliners.

I hate the feigned ignorance about the term, when it is blatantly obvious what they mean.
    Everyone that lives outside of Dublin actually lives in a town, you live in a city. If we where talking face to face and I could hear your accent or you had where you lived in your box thingie there on the left I could assume you meant your own town but when you say town, as in "I went into town" the logical assumption would be any place other than Dublin.

Every person in Ireland uses town to describe any built up area, especially the one they live in, it's not a specifically for Dublin city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

jebuz wrote: »
    godddddddddddddddd, it's NATSEEZE

I beat your face!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

All the smart ass replies looking for thanks in pretty much every thread, I've actually put people on ignore for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Pyr0 wrote: »
    All the smart ass replies looking for thanks in pretty much every thread, I've actually put people on ignore for it.
    Name and shame then, we came for gossip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

The weird new phenomenon of sentences with critical missing. It's utterly moronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

phasers wrote: »

hiya mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

We all know hes talking about Frada :pac:

hiya mate
    Hey mate where have you been lately I thought you'd disappeared like MC Hammer hehehehahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Hey mate where have you been lately I thought you'd disappeared like MC Hammer hehehehahahahaha

He was off getting married to me.

I asked him to be my husband and he said "What can I say only d.e.f.o"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

When you complain about something small that annoyed you and are instantly replied to with
    "God I wish I were you if that's your worst problem!"

Of course I have worse problems for christ sake but little things do annoy people from time to time.
    However apparently you're not suppose to get annoyed about anything small ever and just stay completely submerged in your big problems.
    /rant
    Apart from that I do enjoy boards alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

He was off getting married to me.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Sigpo

SIGPO

WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

/slaps enniscorthy.

Oh dear, I think he's stuck on repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

-People who constantly use annoying internet memes like fail or facepalm. Funny the first time, now you just look like a pathetic attention whoring gimp....or a cast member from the The Big Bang Theory.

-The way every thread about Irish history/culture/language/music is seen by many as an opportunity to show how liberal progressive and post celtic tiger they are by denoucning our bloody past and proclaiming we should all forget it.

-The fact that such threads will also inevitably involve the phrase "west-brit".

-When mods close or edit a thread for no good reason accept they have the power too.

-The way the Film forum has gone from a place of good discussion about cinema to nothing more than a collection of mind numbingly vapid list threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

I hate the way everyone pays homage to ............................. <snip>

Yeah, that guy is a tit.
    or a cast member from the The Big Bang Theory.

That's a terrible show.

Joke A:
    Nerd 1 says something nerdy. Nerd 2 (who is slightly more streetwise) behaves all embarrassed over what Nerd 1 said and apologises on his behalf (What Nerdton meant to say was...). The hot girl looks hot. Everyone brays in laughter like happy donkeys.

Joke B:
    Nerd 1 implies the hot girl is vapid/unintelligent. The hot girl retorts relating to Nerd 1's virginity and inability to talk to women. Everyone brays in laughter like Chewbacca at a stand-up gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I hate two things:

1) When a thread is moved to another forum and no reason is given by the person who moved it (who usually remains anonymous). If a mod feels the need to move a thread they should give a reason as to why they moved it. A few days ago I had a really popular one going and after page 5 it was moved to the Cuckoo's nest where it now resides....dying slowly as the days go on :(

2) When someone says "that topic was already discussed" - ah so what! Nothing wrong with having a fresh discussion on it. People join boards everyday, let them get involved!

Other than that boards is great :) and so is <insert your name here>

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I hate people who post like they're typing on Bebo.

Actually what I hate is attitudes like the above. "Oooh, this isn't After Hours, you can't post that here." I'll admit I was guilty of such attitudes in the past. The forum you post in isn't a unique snowflake. Different rules for different purposes is all.

(Actually I do hate really badly written posts, this is a purely text based medium so if you're going to write- make an effort and do it well).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

hblock21 wrote: »
    I hate the way everyone pays homage to Pighead, every time he/she types a frocking word.

"Pighead says good morning" would get 5 thanks

FFS

WTF

I frown every time I see the word Pighead on boards

I'm bring this to ranting & raving.
    *awaits Pighead response :pac:*

• Advertisement

Yeah, that guy is a tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Random PM's from people I don't know verbally abusing me.

It hurts for a second then I remember it's only the internet.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Ironically enough, people who get annoyed at little things, outlined by plenty in this thread. Relax ffs.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I hate that boards alter egos are inextricable attached to real people. Who not only exist but live next door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

genericguy wrote: »
    I hate that every thread with the word dublin in any post ends up being attacked by culchies, and vice versa.

This is what I hate, veiwing everyone from outside Dublin as "Culchie's".

I also hate the way it's acceptable on this site to use the term. I could gaurantee if people began referring to Dubliners as "scumbags" or "poshies" or any other derogatory term, there would be some serious bans dished out...

Yeah, that guy is a tit.
    Yeah, that guy is a tit.

Tee hee, now we have a pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ahara

People who start threads in the following kind of way

"So anyway I was in town yesterday"

Aaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

I hate boards-rejection. Being rejected on the internet is the worst kind of rejection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Threads being closed for no good reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Mod's on power trips.

Please dont ban me.......:o

Advertisement