Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Bouncers on Boards.ie?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Another week gone by, another ****ty experience with a bouncer for no good reason. 'Sorry not tonight lads'.

Are there any bouncers online here? If so could any of ye explain the mentality that a large percentage seem to operate on (God given powers to ruin a random bloke's evening)? Also, if any of ye are brave enough to post will you admit to 'copping a feel' of passing females?

It shouldn't matter if I'm from Meath, Donaghmeade, Sandymount, Donnybrook or the Moon. If I've adhered to the dress code, have valid ID and am on my best behaviour then I should be allowed in. I am posting here not only to openly state my hatrid for these kind of bouncers (I'm not suggesting you are all like this) but also to try and see if there's anything to be learnt from the shoes of a regualr club goer. For example, it seems to improve our chances if we go up in 3 x groups of 2 instead of a group of 6. Is that true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Of course, go in small paired groups of lads or with a few girls. Always easier to get in and a lot less hassle.

Rarely been refused from a club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Voltwad wrote: »
    Another week gone by, another ****ty experience with a bouncer for no good reason. 'Sorry not tonight lads'.

Did you ask if they wanted you to make a reservation for next weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

I've applied for my bouncer thingy in fas! you only have to be 16 to be a bouncer ya know! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

How would there be any bouncers on Boards? If you cant read you can hardly use a computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Will wrote: »
    Of course, go in small paired groups of lads or with a few girls. Always easier to get in and a lot less hassle.

Rarely been refused from a club.
    This.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

OP, if Dragan was here, he'd deride you for posting online rather than complaining and possibly attending that spot again, perpetuating their behaviour. If Dragan was here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Not a regular night club person but always thought it a bit strange the way the decide who's in and who isin't .Same with some bars

.Like if ya walk in looking like your going to slaughter somebody , your in but if you look suave ,smooth, sophisticated ( not describing myself now ;) ......sorry lad's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I've complained to one venue but got nowhere, not even a reply. I've had no problem in the past reasoning with bouncers to their face but I'm not exactly well built and usually when they realize they have no good reason to not let you in they have back up and next thing you know you're on your way in the opposite direction

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭redorblack

Most annoying part of the night is having to get by these power buzz monkeys to get in and pay the 6.60 for a beer. Many a time one of the group gets singled out by them for no reason, I think they do it because they can and enjoy it. Funny in this country they pay people to keep customers out of pubs and in other countries they have people to persuade the customers in.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maybe the club was full to capacity (though unlikely as usually they're filled beyond capacity IMO)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Man, the best thing to do is throw him a punch.
    I kept getting refused from the one bar for no good reason by the one bouncer.
    One night I just flipped out and attacked him.
    I have been allowed in ever since and I only had to spend 5 hours in the cell.
    Happy Days.

byte wrote: »
    Maybe the club was full to capacity (though unlikely as usually they're filled beyond capacity IMO)
    Very much so the opposite, we're the kind who get there early to avoid entrance fees. Two of us had gotten in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I rarely have problems with bouncers, but I do remember one incident a few years back.

I go to get into a bar where my friends are already in, and the bouncer stops me because I wasn't wearing shoes (not that anyone in the bar was either!). I ask the bouncer if he will leave me in if I go home and get shoes - he says sure.. I get a taxi home, put on my shoes and a taxi back down and he stops me again and asks for id. I show him 2 ID's and he's like "Nah that's not you, you're not getting in."

Complete and utter prick. I've never been so angry with a bouncer in my life. I was contemplating kicking him up and down the street.

Another bloody bouncer bashing thread, go complain to your parents for god sake.
    Im a bouncer, i dont feel up girls and i dont let fecking arsholes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

I had a horrid experience with a bouncer, well the guy that does the stamps.
    I was walking out of teh venue and her grabbed me by the arm and threw me to the ground
    He had heard a perfume bottle rattling in mt bad and thought it was a naggin, he could have just asked could I open my bag

I have since heard of friends having very aggressive experiences with him also

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

dlofnep wrote: »
    I rarely have problems with bouncers, but I do remember one incident a few years back.

I go to get into a bar where my friends are already in, and the bouncer stops me because I wasn't wearing shoes (not that anyone in the bar was either!). I ask the bouncer if he will leave me in if I go home and get shoes - he says sure.. I get a taxi home, put on my shoes and a taxi back down and he stops me again and asks for id. I show him 2 ID's and he's like "Nah that's not you, you're not getting in."

Complete and utter prick. I've never been so angry with a bouncer in my life. I was contemplating kicking him up and down the street.

Would you not just ring or write the manager of the bar and put in a complaint about the bouncer?

Another bloody bouncer bashing thread, go complain to your parents for god sake.

How do you distinguish the arseholes from the rest of the crowd.
    Do they smell different? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

cjbh wrote: »
    Would you not just ring or write the manager of the bar and put in a complaint about the bouncer?
    It all depends on the venue, I know where I worked if there was a complaint against he bouncer we just ignored it, usually cause it was some nacker who was knownb for causing trouble
    However writing in would be a good idea cause nackballs tend not to write letters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

cjbh wrote: »

I asked to speak to the manager, they told me to piss off. I wasn't going to bother wasting another taxi fair just to go down and tell the manager what he already knows - that his bouncers are utter shítehawks.

• Advertisement

How do you distinguish the arseholes from the rest of the crowd.
    Do they smell different? :confused:
    Its a typical i hate bouncers thread, was one last week too.
    You dont get in? fine, act your age and file a complaint if you feel you are hard done by. Sick to death of these threads, all the OP's seem to think that all bouncers go to the college of complete bastards. Why dont you post when you do get in somewhere and have a pleasant time. Even had a lad pm me before about how to get in to a club. Its you that comes bad out of this when you say thing like " I was going to kick him up and down the street". Act your bloody age and cop on.

You dont get in? fine, act your age and file a complaint if you feel you are hard done by. Sick to death of these threads, all the OP's seem to think that all bouncers go to the college of complete bastards. Why dont you post when you do get in somewhere and have a pleasant time. Even had a lad pm me before about how to get in to a club. Its you that comes bad out of this when you say thing like " I was going to kick him up and down the street". Act your bloody age and cop on.
    First off I did state in my OP not all bouncers are like this. Secondly it shouldnt be necessary to post when I get in somewhere as it's generally what I expect and am entitled to.

Im sorry, but why did you quote my question when your reply was clearly not an answer to it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When I worked in a club, I saw few scumbags let in, until the Hitching Post was closed. Then they streamed in :mad: Was fun to see 3 to 8 bouncers stream through the crowd when there was trouble outside, with the manager behind them with the video camera.

Threatening staff = bad idea
    Looking like a scumbag = bad idea
    Trying to get into the nightclub with 15 scumbag mates = denied
    Trying to get into the nightclub with 15 scumbag mates who were locals, good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Everyone has a problem when they cant get in and bouncers are on power trips yada yada,yet nobody seems to have any problems asking the bouncers to help you or your friends if there is hassle.The bouncer is your best mate then

I echo the previous poster,i dont feel up girls and imo its a tough fcuking job.

Voltwad wrote: »
    First off I did state in my OP not all bouncers are like this. Secondly it shouldnt be necessary to post when I get in somewhere as it's generally what I expect and am entitled to.
    First off, you're not entitled to get in where you want. Most of these clubs are private and can let in whoever they god damn please. Any pub or club has the right to refuse admission, if you're not happy with that take your money elsewhere. Im not sticking up for power mad bouncers but if you dont get in, its their loss of revenue. Some are bastards and thats why we have licenses and license number for reporting.

Im sorry, but why did you quote my question when your reply was clearly not an answer to it. :o
    Sorry:pac:, arseholes tend to reek of alcohol and be loud as hell. A queue is the best way to judge if there are well behaved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I haven't been stopped getting into a club/bar in years.

1. Don't act the pr!ck in the queue to get in.
    2. Don't be hammered
    3. If there's a gang of girls and guys try and couple up even if you're not couples
    4. Adhere to the dresscode.
    5. Say hello to the door staff and don't act like a dick.
    6. Enjoy yourself inside, don't ruin anyone elses enjoyment.
    7. Say thank you when you're leaving, they're the ones that made sure no scum got in to ruin your night and made sure that things ran smoothly inside.

Sorry:pac:, arseholes tend to reek of alcohol and be loud as hell. A queue is the best way to judge if there are well behaved.

Ara now, Im an arsehole and I emit a rich mahogony scent and Im as quiet as a mouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Haha you cnut

Advertisement