Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Noodles, blackbeans and some mushy peas.
    - I used caraway seeds and chinese five spice

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 495 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Vegan sushi tonight. A mix between vegan smoked salmon and pickled carrot, daikon and cucumber and avocado and mango rolls...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm drooling.

Kbizz, do your housemates pay your rent?!

Just had some lovely, if I do say so myself, heavy soup: red onions, garlic, celery, cabbage, sweet potato and veg stock. A quick blend of half after cooking then threw in a tin of chickpeas and let sit.
    I added for the first time a little Alpro soy single ( cream ) at table which worked nicely.
    Had some high protein bread too.

auspicious wrote: »
    Kbizz, do your housemates pay your rent?

Nah, it works out sound they are my guinea pigs for my recipes...

• Advertisement

They are hardly tied down lol. More like waiting attentively, mouths agape and tongues hanging out.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Finally managed to get a hold of some strong white flour so made pizzas last night. Cheese and sauce are homemade too, found a delish cashew cheese sauce from the Buddhist Chef on YouTube. Crusts were very tasty with some vegan garlic mayo!

https://ibb.co/6ZyWxmB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

Finally managed to get a hold of some strong white flour so made pizzas last night. Cheese and sauce are homemade too, found a delish cashew cheese sauce from the Buddhist Chef on YouTube. Crusts were very tasty with some vegan garlic mayo!

https://ibb.co/6ZyWxmB

I want some! ;-)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Miso Glazed mushrooms with avocado on toast today for lunch followed by four types of vegan chocolate truffles, ferrero rocher, peanut butter, bounty & malteser...

Red lentils, mushrooms, chickpeas in a coconut curry ( korma, fenugreek) with homemade apple and mango chutney, and spuds ( sage and parsley).

• Advertisement

Breakfast today, I had Linda McCartney sausages, a mix of mushrooms, onion, tomatoes cooked in soy sauce, sesame oil, and harissa paste and 3 slices of toast with Violife Cheese spread and hummus.
    It was too tasty to stop for a photo!

Similar today but with peppers and spinach over tomatoes. No sausages but a left over plant burger chopped up and thrown in. On sourdough toast.

Seitan steaks. I should make them more regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

No photos, but I made Jamie Oliver Leek Carbonara. It was amazing.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Spag bol with soya mince and lots of veg - not particularly interesting but my kids are guaranteed to eat it!

Spicy Red lentils, sweet potato, onion and cabbage, tomatoes and coconut milk with Roasted tofu and wholegrain rice.

Sweet potato falafel wraps yesterday

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Sweet potato falafel wraps yesterday

That looks terrific!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Vegan Poke bowl with ahi style beetroot, edamame, spinach, cucumber, sweetcorn, radish & rice. Finished it a spicy miso peanut dressing.

Honea mustard dressing by Inspired Vegan, balsamic vinegar, Tesco plant mayonnaise, nooch and good old red sauce.

Honea mustard dressing by Inspired Vegan, balsamic vinegar, Tesco plant mayonnaise, nooch and good old red sauce.

Very nice! Is that sunflower & pumpkin seeds in there also?

• Advertisement

What is the breaded thing?

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    What is the breaded thing?

It looks like a Quorn burger to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I am having a vegetable and green lentil lasagne with proper deep fried chips (covered in salt). It's been one of those days!

Thai noodle salad for the housemates today with a tamarind, lime and spicy peanut dressing

Straight forward chips and lentils.
    Tofu and salad. Tofu air fried and flavoured with dark soy and hoisin.

Managed to delete post in error.
    Here's the link again anyway
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fM3YG7jE_Ys

Just had Denny meat free sausages in a couple of sandwiches with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, red cabbage ( Kuhne ) , vegan mayo and red sauce.
    Tasted just like Dennys 👌

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

UXAtzwUl.jpg

My first hungarian cooking experiment.
    Absolutely delicious and so healthy, which is the devils work. :P

It's called Lecsó (Lecho) and is reminiscent of shakshuka, but very much has an Eastern European stamp on it.
    It's extremely simple to make and had a new ingredient to me, white peppers. These are milder and, to me, much nicer than traditional bell peppers that I am used to, was happily eating them raw while cooking and I hate most veg raw.

To make this:
    1) Chop one onion and add to a pot, you know how to fry an onion.
    2) Add blanched tomatoes (I also added a tin of cirio tomatos) and reduce for 10 minutes with the lid on.
    3) Add 6 chopped white peppers (bought from Mroz). Cook until soft while stirring now and again, roughly 15 to 20 mins.
    4) When it is done add loads of paprika, smoked paprika, garlic powder and a little salt. That's it!

Butter sourdough (Naturli butter) and go to town on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

First time cooking a vegetable paella. Turned out wonderful.

524416.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could you share the recipe, please?

Advertisement