Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Rice cabbage and red lentil dahl.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I had the most delicious puy lentil "shepards" pie last night. I think it was even tastier because I cooked the separate parts and assembled it on Sunday but only baked it in the oven last night.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 495 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Trio of bruschetta today.
    Mushroom faux gras with walnuts
    Tomato, garlic and olive oil
    Vegan smoked salmon with cashew cream cheese and dill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I wanted to make a satay type thing but I hadn't any peanutbutter in the press, messed around with what I had and boy oh boy it worked out well, really tasty sauce for noodles or rice.

2 parts tahini to 1 part vegemite, then just enough hot water/stock to loosen it up. I just made a quick stock with tomato puree, tomato flavour got a bit lost though.

I had it with plain noodles but it would be lovely in a stir fry. Going to experiment with adding chillies too. Really creamy and satisfying, a good way to lob on some calories and fat too, I'm going to be eating a LOT this winter.

Mushroom stew
    - made with Meridian yeast extract ( b12 fortified )
    Tastes excellent.
    ( along with tomatoes, tomato paste, soy sauce...the yeast extract has a strong umami flavour
    )

• Advertisement

Vegan mince in whole wheat pita bread.
    ( My presentation amounts to throwing some coriander leaves on plate.)

Potato, celery and chickpea soup with tomato and hummus sandwich.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 495 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Lobster roll using hearts of palm that I soaked in a dashi stock.

Butternut squash mushroom curry with falafels and pasta.

Boxty, tomatoes and 'tumeric' mushrooms.
    Smoothie ( nuts,  seeds, mint, mango, cranberries, beetroot, kale, orange, peanut butter and banana).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Delicious. Love boxty :)

Boxty is the biz!

Here's some chickpea seitan with various flavourings.
    Even without marinade it tastes great.
    ( edit - secret ingredient miso paste)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Mother of divine Jesus, we went to Veginity last night for the first for my birthday. Absolutely blown away.
    One of the most impressive meals I've ever had.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I live beside veginity, it's a dangerous thing :D
    I tried Beo at the weekend, amazing! Did the 4 course menu for €35 plus a "cheese board" for €12.
    Will be straight back to try their 6 course menu (€45), that actually has about 11 things in it all told.

UMFLCKvl.jpg

CCNf16nl.jpg

1QnZJ5ul.jpg

gST49H6l.jpg

nme9amWl.jpg

gog4l0il.jpg

mNtuIVbl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

My first post here and first proper vegan dinner. Lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber with Hellmans vegan mayonnaise. Eden veggie burger. Gosh! vegan sausages made of chickpeas.

Between living at home and a long commute I don't think I can go vegan completely but I'm definitely changing after watching Game Changers and What the Health. Meat/fish daily no more!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Good stuff, welcome aboard! Every bit helps, fair play to you.

Cannellini beans and veg. with peanut butter and pineapple.
    ( I sauteed everything bar beans before stewing .)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Went for Christmas dinner with friends in Beo in Stoneybatter last night.

Best vegan dinner I've had all year. From start to finish. Lovely organic wines too.

Trt it before they change the menu for the New Year!

It's so good, I want to go back and eat it again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

M&S Plant Kitchen (vegan range) Margherita Pizza then same range's chocolate mousse. Usually feel like I've swallowed a brick after a big pizza but that was lovely.

Too hungry to take pictures this evening though!

• Advertisement

Love that range, haven't had the pizza yet, the lasange is very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Does anyone have a good recipe for a Veggie Meatball dish? had a look back and couldn't find one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Spinach, sweet potato and chickpea curry. Bloody delicious!

Also, can anyone tell me how I can imbed photos into my post from my phone?

Spinach, sweet potato and chickpea curry. Bloody delicious!

Also, can anyone tell me how I can imbed photos into my post from my phone?

You can get an app called imgur that will let you upload them and give you a link https://www.wikihow.com/Upload-Images-to-Imgur and you have to put that between some image tags that look like this [?img]your picture link[?/img] without the ?'s

Otherwise when you clock post there should be an attach files link on a phone.

Tofu scramble
    ( mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, cumin, ginger, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, nutritional yeast, salt 'n' pepper, juice 1 lemon)

Black bean, sweet corn, mushroom enchiladas in lemon chilli sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Pulled jackfruit tacos.... bleedin' gorgeous

buffalo seitan burger.

rINftkAl.jpg

Curried lentil stew, red pepper baba ghanoush, nigella roast tomato, pumpkin seed & date salsa

KLDm2B9l.jpg

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Soulful West African peanut stew. No pics because it tastes much better than it looks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Veg curry this evening
    498333.jpg

Advertisement