Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Options

Comments

Lunch.

Chickpea folded omelette.

Batter - almond milk, chickpea flour, onion & garlic powder, black salt and nutritional yeast.

Filling - spinach, mushroom, onion and I lash Tempeh in to any meal I can. I love the stuff.

Recipe by - ‘sweet simple vegan’

Dinner hey.

Ultimate chilli.

Tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, black and kidney beans, red pepper, celery, soy, spice mix and dark chocolate.

Recipe by ‘bosh’ but again altered by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

Breakfast

Oats, ground flax seed, Brazil, walnut, cashew, chia seeds, coconut flakes, raisins, cinnamon, maple syrup (small amount) and cocoa powder.

Recipe by ‘simple veganista’ but altered by myself to suit my own taste.

That's one fine breakfast!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Worztron wrote: »
    That's one fine breakfast!

It’s a weekend breakfast for me. Something I can eat early as it’s light and easy to eat.

I’d normally have my first food of the day around noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Dinner hey.

Ultimate chilli.

Tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, black and kidney beans, red pepper, celery, soy, spice mix and dark chocolate.

Recipe by ‘bosh’ but again altered by myself.

Dark chocolate...I dunno. I may unlike my like. I'm still deciding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Breakfast

Homemade granola.

Can be served with a simple (mild flavoured) yoghurt. I like a mild vanilla but mostly will choose a coconut yoghurt.

Oats, ground flax seed, Brazil, walnut, cashew, chia seeds, coconut flakes, raisins, cinnamon, maple syrup (small amount) and cocoa powder.

Recipe by ‘simple veganista’ but altered by myself to suit my own taste.

Hah that's mad I just created my own recently to. That breakfast is brilliant. Sets you up for the day.

auspicious wrote: »
    Dark chocolate...I dunno. I may unlike my like. I'm still deciding.

Ha.

It’s the Lindt 70%.

I was surprised by how much difference it made when I added it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

The oul dinner tonight. Shepherdless pie, roasted brussel sprouts (finished in the pan with vegan butter, garlic lemon and capers), some steamed cavolo Nero and Swiss chard and of course roasties. It's not Ireland if we don't have at least two different types of potato on your Sunday dinner.

Got these marquis potatoes from the local veg shop grown up near rush. Great flavour and they roast so well. I also made some chips out of one of them and air fried the skins. Think I'm all potatoed out now.

Dark Chocolate is king!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Bigbooty wrote: »
    The oul dinner tonight. Shepherdless pie, roasted brussel sprouts (finished in the pan with vegan butter, garlic lemon and capers), some steamed cavolo Nero and Swiss chard and of course roasties. It's not Ireland if we don't have at least two different types of potato on your Sunday dinner.

Got these marquis potatoes from the local veg shop grown up near rush. Great flavour and they roast so well. I also made some chips out of one of them and air fried the skins. Think I'm all potatoed out now.

I ****ing love Brussel sprouts.

• Advertisement

Dark Chocolate is king!

Orange bournville.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Orange bournville.

Hi Tilikum17. I've never heard of that one. I must try it. Thanks. 🍊🍫

😮

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

My favourite chocolate is Vego. They have chocolate bars out there (SuperValu has them)

But I recently found these donuts that you can order in that has Vego flavoured donuts, my brain couldn't say no.

https://offbeatdonuts.com/our-donuts/#vegan

Hi Tilikum17. I've never heard of that one. I must try it. Thanks. ðŸŠðŸ«

Are you joking me? It’s unreal.

Me too..it's only a recent thing though. My my scarred me forcing me to eat soggy boiled sprouts that smelled off old socks. Same with turnips.

Unearthly wrote: »
    My favourite chocolate is Vego. They have chocolate bars out there (SuperValu has them)

But I recently found these donuts that you can order in that has Vego flavoured donuts, my brain couldn't say no.

https://offbeatdonuts.com/our-donuts/#vegan

Yes, the Vego bars are something else. Superb!

Hi Tilikum17. I've never heard of that one. I must try it. Thanks. ðŸŠðŸ«

Are you joking me? It’s unreal.

Vegan duck pancakes with hoisin sauce.

First photo is oyster mushrooms (should have used king oyster) pre bake.

Then cucumber, spring onion in the pancake and I also added a plain Tempeh as the hoisin is very very strong.

A really simple but very flavoursome starter that’s lovey with a nice red wine.

Recipe by ‘bosh’.

• Advertisement

Cruelty free scones that are loved by all that have tried them. Myself and my partner have been asked for the recipe anytime we’ve brought them somewhere to share.

One of my favourites and also one of my favourite recipes to share.

They do need to be eaten within 12 hours ideally which is never a problem. Also extra nice when fresh with a bit of plant-based butter (plants are the new black).

Recipe by - http://wallflowerkitchen.com/

Had one of my favourites tonight - Vegan Nabe (Japanese hot pot).

Looks amazing.

I do love it when I crave food like that. Have to say I’d be using Tempeh rather than tofu though.

Orange bournville.

Thanks for what will, no doubt, be a new addiction.

Also can’t buy it here so will have to wait a few months before I get to try it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Some pics I took from the new vegan bakery in dublin

coffee / pecan

jkaSWn8l.jpg

lemon / blueberry / pistachio muffin
    salted caramel brownie
    biscoff muffin
    pMVXfrBl.jpg

Looks amazing.

I do love it when I crave food like that. Have to say I’d be using Tempeh rather than tofu though.

Any difference in the tempeh over in Aus? The stuff here's a bit funky if I'm honest. I can only eat it baked or fried with some sort of marinade.

Some posts shouldn’t be allowed. That’s disgusting (that I can’t get them).

We had the most amazing vegan and gluten-free bakery beside us for just over a year.

Her stuff was amazing. She even nailed the croissant.

Unfortunately her stuff was too popular so she closed the bakery and opened a production line for the longer shelf-life stuff she made.

So about 40% of the really nice daily bespoke treats are no longer available.

Any difference in the tempeh over in Aus? The stuff here's a bit funky if I'm honest. I can only eat it baked or fried with some sort of marinade.

Ha. Sound like the same stuff.

You can buy it pre marinated or plain.

I buy both and use accordingly.

I also marinate the plain stuff myself but it’s all recipe dependent.

I buy a nice one that’s been lightly marinated in soy and chilli. It’s great for just firing on as a filling in a wrap.

But when cooked in any sauce or baked in any dish it takes on that flavour.

First time I had it was really simple pan fried with salt and pepper in Indonesia. I just loved it and have been eating it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

This looks like something I could swallow.

• Advertisement

Remember the chilli from the other night ?

Just baked up a few tatties to go with it.

Advertisement