Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 in croker

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

There can never be enough Bono bashing for some people.. I dont get it myself, big celebs dont annoy me as much as the minor ones who are essentially talentless wannabes ie BB stars, Jordan, Kerry Katona yet they're on the front of the papers every goddamn day!:confused: At least Bono can sing and has millions of fans over the world, who cares what way his financial controllers manage his money?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

There can never be enough Bono bashing for some people.. I dont get it myself, big celebs dont annoy me as much as the minor ones who are essentially talentless wannabes ie BB stars, Jordan, Kerry Katona yet they're on the front of the papers every goddamn day.....QUOTE]

Exactly all them people who are famous for being famous?? or the big brother rejects or glamour 'models' or wags are all feckin useless yet our national media prefer to give large page spreads and pictures to them cnuts!

Imagine the amount of charity photo shoots and functions them #models' attend and none of them get lambasted for their over preaching about charity...

Bono bashing is rubbish. He's technically an amazing singer! Some of his lyrics are the work of a genius! and he's a genuine caring charitable man. and he's a living irish legend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

cnuts!

Bono bashing is rubbish. He's technically an amazing singer! Some of his lyrics are the work of a genius! and he's a genuine caring charitable man. and he's a living irish legend.

He's a genuine hypocrite,a multimillionaire anti-poverty "campaigner",a man who tells others to Cancel the Debt while he sues people over a pair of trousers and a hat.
    A tax-exile who has the cheek to charge 150 euro a ticket to his own people in the middle of a recesssion that people like him helped to cause.
    Three nights at 80,000 people a pop and the profit is all TAX FREE!

When will we in ireland be "lucky" enough to hear from him again..who knows?But he wont be adressing irish poverty in the white house..that doeasnt sell records and massage his ego.

Degsy wrote: »

He's a genuine hypocrite,a multimillionaire anti-poverty "campaigner",a man who tells others to Cancel the Debt while he sues people over a pair of trousers and a hat.
    A tax-exile who has the cheek to charge 150 euro a ticket to his own people in the middle of a recesssion that people like him helped to cause.

When will we in ireland be "lucky" enough to hear from him again..who knows?But he wont be adressing irish poverty in the white house..that doeasnt sell records and massage his ego.

I actually saw an interview recently where he admitted to being a hypocrite-- LIKE US ALL!! Answer me honestly if you were in his position would you pay your taxes to the Irish government? the people who some (all) might say caused the recession- not Bono???????

I'd wudnt say all the money made over the 3 nights was pure profit, if you saw the stage & set-up you might say it cost a few bob but I presume you weren't there as you're not a fan..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kevinmcm

Degby seems to have made thousands of posts on this message board. Most seem to be about Bono....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

Boner bashing is mild fun when he shows his face in this country.

However he has departed for his gaff in Southern France on his private jet (how eco friendly!) leaving behind the disgruntled plebians residents of Croke Park

So we can all breathe a massive sigh of relief and continue ignoring him again.

The size of the daily U2 'story' that they pay to have put in the papers every day will gradually reduce to an easily ignorable half page again so I can once again peruse a tabloid without fear of seeing the wizend little gnome face looking at me appealing for me to care about some b0ll0x going on in Bolivia or somewhere.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I actually saw an interview recently where he admitted to being a hypocrite-- LIKE US ALL!! Answer me honestly if you were in his position would you pay your taxes to the Irish government? the people who some (all) might say caused the recession- not Bono???????

I'd wudnt say all the money made over the 3 nights was pure profit, if you saw the stage & set-up you might say it cost a few bob but I presume you weren't there as you're not a fan..

The stage show was freaking awesome. The gig less so. The energy is gone. And I don't feel two hours is value for money.

Their hypocrisies notwithstanding, they are a great banner band for Ireland.

Boner bashing is mild fun when he shows his face in this country.

However he has departed for his gaff in Southern France on his private jet (how eco friendly!) leaving behind the disgruntled plebians residents of Croke Park

So we can all breathe a massive sigh of relief and continue ignoring him again.

The size of the daily U2 'story' that they pay to have put in the papers every day will gradually reduce to an easily ignorable half page again so I can once again peruse a tabloid without fear of seeing the wizend little gnome face looking at me appealing for me to care about some b0ll0x going on in Bolivia or somewhere.

:D

Go peruse your tabloid in safety and read up on how Kerry Katona's marriage is falling apart, the important stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ok first up, U2 or bono don't set the price of tickets for gigs its MCD the promoters, standing tickets on the pitch for u2 cost €59, now tomorrow i head out to metallica in marlay park standing tickets for them (who have played here every year for the last 5) cost €75, ac/dc standing tickets out in puchestown a few weeks ago cost €85, on top of what it cost to get out there in the first place, €20 to dublin bus who left us to walk 6 miles to the venue in the rain :mad:

Go peruse your tabloid in safety and read up on how Kerry Katona's marriage is falling apart, the important stuff!

lol I get mild joy from that and also seeing that other slag Jordan lurching from one mess to the next.

How I wish something horrible would befall Bono. Perhaps he might choke to death on a frogs legs and snail baguette.......I can only dream....:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

on sat night at croke park...but it is only show business thats all, why all the bitter envy towards bono and his buddies, if you wanna be annoyed...be annoyed with tom parlon and the developers in the cfi who are going to show you with nama why builders pay for election posters.......

why all the bitter envy towards bono and his buddies

I find it amusing that people always assume U2 detractors are 'envious'....even Boner himself assumes this could be the only possible reason they are disliked so much...very narcisstic of him but thats Boner...

He's so entrenched in his delusion he can't actually contemplate that it could possibly be anything else .....such as ....his music is sh1t......

His whining roar hurt my brain and not in a good way....and his ridiculous foolish personality just makes me cringe...no self insight but a lot of self obsesssion :rolleyes:

Thats why I dont like him, far from being 'envious' of him I am just incredibly bored by the toolbag and his 'buddies' and their irrelevant jangling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

that people like him helped to cause..

So Bono helped cause the recession now. :D

Seriously man, you bring bitter to a new level.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

The human persona is full of hypocrisy!

A tax-exile? relly when the majority of the arts are tax free anyway and would you really want to give this government your taxes. THEY are teh real reason behind the recession not Bono you pleb! haha Cant honestly believe that you believe that tripe, just to get a kick and a rise and have something to moan about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

The human persona is full of hypocrisy!

A tax-exile? relly when the majority of the arts are tax free anyway and would you really want to give this government your taxes. THEY are teh real reason behind the recession not Bono you pleb! haha Cant honestly believe that you believe that tripe, just to get a kick and a rise and have something to moan about!

Could you repeat that in English please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭johnathan woss

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jul/30/u2-rock-star-hypocrisy-activism

Bono rubs his temples and sighs. "It's very difficult. The thing I probably regret is not talking about it more but we agreed in the band not to. Which is annoying. What bothered me was it's like you're hiding your money in some tax haven and people think of the Cayman Islands. And you're campaigning for Africa and transparency – of course that looked like hypocrisy. People whom I've annoyed, people who wished us to fail, they finally got what they thought must have been there in the first place. It was a hook to hang me on." He claps his hands forcefully and points. "'We got him!' You could, if you wanted, get … y'know … it could get you going. You look at it and say, 'Well what have you done?'" His flash of annoyance passes. "People are just trying to do the best they can. You can't do everything."

Poor Bono, he's just the victim of the mob man, I mean what do any of us do to help people ?

This guy is totally deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jul/30/u2-rock-star-hypocrisy-activism

Bono rubs his temples and sighs. "It's very difficult. The thing I probably regret is not talking about it more but we agreed in the band not to. Which is annoying. What bothered me was it's like you're hiding your money in some tax haven and people think of the Cayman Islands. And you're campaigning for Africa and transparency – of course that looked like hypocrisy. People whom I've annoyed, people who wished us to fail, they finally got what they thought must have been there in the first place. It was a hook to hang me on." He claps his hands forcefully and points. "'We got him!' You could, if you wanted, get … y'know … it could get you going. You look at it and say, 'Well what have you done?'" His flash of annoyance passes. "People are just trying to do the best they can. You can't do everything."

Poor Bono, he's just the victim of the mob man, I mean what do any of us do to help people ?

This guy is totally deluded.
    Theres a lot more to the article then that. Nice selective quoting though :rolleyes:

Advertisement