Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 in croker

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

That'll teach ya to wanna see a midget that used to wear an illuminous hat and a guy that is named after a razor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I blame Bono. If he concentrated more on his fans and less on the third world this sort of thing wouldn't happen.

would it:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OK there is much talk here about 'Muse'.

Honestly I've never heard of them, is it because I'm too old? (43) so (and I promise I'm not googling or youtube'ing them) can ANYONE tell me about Muse and why I should have heard of them?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

can ANYONE tell me about Muse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muse_band

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

Xavi6 wrote: »
    What are you on about?

They sold out two nights in a row at the new Wembley (first band to do so). 160,000 people I believe in total.

So yeah, they're tiny :rolleyes:

they struggled to sell all the tickets for the concert in marlay park last year.
    I bought 2 tickets the day before the event, so "What are you on about?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

Except they sound nothing like Radiohead of course.....

ok, close your windows, create an aura of silence around you.
    Then put some Muse cd on and listen carefully to Bellamy's voice.
    have you done it?

Now put The Bends on and you would think that Bellamy is still singing.

Muse is just a fancy name of a Radiohead-cover band. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Blackpitts wrote: »
    have you done it?

Who play original material and no Radiohead stuff at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Honestly I've never heard of them, is it because I'm too old? (43) so (and I promise I'm not googling or youtube'ing them) can ANYONE tell me about Muse and why I should have heard of them?.

I'm nearly ten years older than you, I have heard of Muse, bought one CD (Black Holes and Revelations) a couple of years ago, its just OK. To be honest I would probably listen to Muse before I would listen to U2. The only U2 album I have is Pop!- so what would I know.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

have you done it?

Srsly?

Muse are incredible, incredible musicians, and the vocals are a LOT different. Feck it, they're even better than Radiohead.

Better name too ;)

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Muse are good but I doubt you would have 80000 people who would pay to go and see them in Croke park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

they struggled to sell all the tickets for the concert in marlay park last year.
    I bought 2 tickets the day before the event, so "What are you on about?"

You said they weren't a big band. A band who sells out Wembley stadium two nights in a row has every right to be considered 'big'.

That's what I'm on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I am older than you and I honestly haven't a scooby doo who the hell they are.

Not averse to good music, like U2 and lots of bands.
    genuinely should I bother trying to find out who Muse are ?

Or are they as I suspect some type of off the beaten path collection of alternative musicians that appeals to a unique minority.
    Or are they even a they or just one person ?

Oh whatever. i will just look them up on youtube.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Say what you want about U2, I despise them. But please dont refer to them as the best band in the world. Nobody can make that claim, only stupid fans who know nothing about music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

You said they weren't a big band. A band who sells out Wembley stadium two nights in a row has every right to be considered 'big'.

That's what I'm on about.

The sold out the Parc des Princes in Paris the following weekend also.

Pal wrote: »
    I am older than you and I honestly haven't a scooby doo who the hell they are.

Not averse to good music, like U2 and lots of bands.
    genuinely should I bother trying to find out who Muse are ?
    Or are they as I suspect some type of off the beaten path collection of alternative musicians that appeals to a unique minority.
    Or are they even a they or just one person ?

Ok in brief bullet point form -

1. Muse are a three piece from Devon - Matt Bellamy (Vocals, guitar, piano), Chris Wolstenholme (Bass, backing vocals, odd bit of guitar) and Dom Howard (Drums)

2. Debut album 'Showbiz' released in 1999. Followed by 'Origin of Symmetry' (2001), 'Absolution' (2003) and 'Black Holes and Revelations' (2006). Have released two live albums and three dvds.

3. Their style ranges from heavy guitar riffs and soaring vocals to quiet piano melodies (quite often in the same song).

4. Matt Bellamy is a self thought musician who, even if you don't like his style, is impossible to not recognise as a ridiculousy talented individual.

5. They are renowned worldwide for their epic live performances and shows, with highlights including headline sets at Glastonbury, Wembley Stadium, and the Royal Albert Hall.

Definitely worth at least a look imo (though they are my favourite band so I would say that!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Matt Bellamy has more talent in his foreskin than U2 put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Say what you want about U2, I despise them. But please dont refer to them as the best band in the world. Nobody can make that claim, only stupid fans who know nothing about music.
    I wouldnt describe them as that.
    I would say theyre the biggest active band in the world though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I would say theyre the biggest active **** in the world though

FYP. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I would say theyre the biggest active band in the world though

them and ac/dc i would guess, my last two gigs too, metallica next saturday, nice trilogy

Matt Bellamy has more talent in his foreskin than U2 put together.

edge is one of the greatest guitarists in the history of rock music

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »

Karl Hungus sums it up perfectly with this post -
    Kids squealing out the strained notes to Stairway on a shoddy little SX are greater guitarists than him.

Na.

His biggest asset is his use of effects, and granted, he's very creative with them. But overall he really lacks.

And no one who had any clue of the talents of Matt Bellamy would say what you did in response to my comment.

And no one who had any clue of the talents of Matt Bellamy would say what you did in response to my comment.

ok sorry, muse are the best band ever on record or live, bellamy is the best front man ever

happy now ;)

ok sorry, muse are the best band ever on record or live, bellamy is the best front man ever

happy now ;)
    Yes. ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

happy now ;)

Muse? They're ok but they're no Prefab Sprout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

them and ac/dc i would guess, my last two gigs too, metallica next saturday, nice trilogy

Please NEVER mention AC/DC and u2 again in the same sentance.

The Edge is not fit to lick the boots of Angus Young who is the best guitarist on the planet today.

The Edge is just ordinary. U2 ceased being a good band a good 10 years ago. You only had to look at the fans walking up to the gig. Sheeple who hadn't a clue about music.

Spanish and Italian women, japanese tourists and grey haired aul fellas in too short tulip line jeans.

Muse? They're ok but they're no Prefab Sprout.
    I hate sprouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The Edge is not fit to lick the boots of Angus Young who is the best guitarist on the planet today.

The Edge is just ordinary. U2 ceased being a good band a good 10 years ago. You only had to look at the fans walking up to the gig. Sheeple who hadn't a clue about music.

Spanish and Italian women, japanese tourists and grey haired aul fellas in too short tulip line jeans.

+1000.
    although i'm going tonight. only cos i got one of the cheap tickets. I'll have to iron a crease doen the front of each leg of my jeans and wear a back pack on my front to fit in with all the spanish fans

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Rolling Stone disagrees :pac:
    Edge: 24
    Young: 96

Matter of taste obviously but theres a lot on that list I agree with

And as much as I love AC/DC, Youngs not the best guitarist on the planet by any stretch of the imagination.

• Advertisement

. You only had to look at the fans walking up to the gig. Sheeple who hadn't a clue about music.

as opposed to the crowd who travelled out to punchestown a few weeks ago, all drunk before getting on the bus, stopping 5 times for a p*ss on the way to naas, mooning cars as they passed, vomiting on the road, building human pyramids, taking off their shirts in the lashing rain and jumping around banging into each other with no care for small kids at the gig, hmmm

for a person who attended both gigs i enjoyed both, ac/dc and u2 are different and attract different fans obviously, prior to the release of black ice ac/dc hadn't brought out anything of significance since razors edge in 1990, ac/dcs setlist a few weeks ago consisted of 5 new songs, 1 song from 1990, one from 1981 and the rest from b+b and the bon scott era

Advertisement